The Knicks are not looking good on the 2010 FA front

Kiyaman

Legend
Knick-Fans the top-5 FA (Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Dirk, Amare, Joe Johnson, and Boozer) are all Fishing while watching the NBA FINALS.

Each top FA would like to make a move to a team that will be in the 2010-11 season Conference Finals. Or stay where they are at to recieve a 6 year contract.

The NBA FA rumors & gossip throughout the month of June does not favor the New York Knicks in any way of making the Knicks into a respectable winning franchise this 2010 summer.
The $30M+ cap space the Knicks have to spend on two max players has not generated any big media sports talks, rumors, gossip, excitement, inwhich the Big Apple Media could cover their back page news papers with an optimistic article of the long waited "2010-Plan" of rebuilding a new Knick franchise. Maybe its to early (being June 14, 2010).

Rumors on realgm has the Knicks going after a trade for the Spurs PG-Parker.
Which I think is nonsense, when u have the best experience player-coach PG in the NBA as a FA this summer to offer a decent 2 to 3 year contract for him to train/develope/and push 2nd season Toney Douglas into a prime NBA PG.
Do anyone have a clue of which FA PG I am talking about???

dave2138

Rotation player
Derek Fisher? He's not going to leave LA though, don't waste your time.

How about Steve Blake?

I don't see how Knick fans can say they don't think Lebron will come here? Maybe some people like to be pessimistic this way they are not disappointed when something bad happens. In this case though, there really isn't a more logical place for Lebron to go than New York. Once Lebron comes, then Bosh follows him. Bosh, Gallinari, city of New York > Rose, Noah, city of Chicago.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Free Agents

If we get LeBron, then things will fall into place because I believe that Bosh will follow LeBron. If LeBron has Bosh with him, the rest of the roster will make us prime contenders. i think we have a shot at LeBron because I think his ego wants New York. There is the downside to his image if he leaves Cleveland and perhaps Chicago has the better current roster, but LeBron likes the spotlight

Without LeBron, however, we are not likely to get Bosh or other front liners -- Wade and Amare. I expect Bosh will join Wade in Miami or go to the Lakers for Bynum. Amare will stay in Phoenix. i am not particularly interested in Joe Johnson, Rudy Gay, or Carlos Boozer. I cannot even begin to speculate as to our 2010 roster if we do not have LeBron. July 1st and thereafter is going to be very interesting.

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
It is going to be a train-wreck in NY when we get none of these guys. I do hold out hope like the summer of childs, LJ, and Houston but that was when it was cool to be a knick.

With the dollars now and the way the marketing is now, the idea of NY is not enough. I actually can see us getting none of the top tier players and Donnie Walsh actually quitting.

I really hate to say this, but we better just come to the realization of what probably will go down

Kiyaman

Legend
Derek Fisher? He's not going to leave LA though, don't waste your time.

How about Steve Blake?

I don't see how Knick fans can say they don't think Lebron will come here? Maybe some people like to be pessimistic this way they are not disappointed when something bad happens. In this case though, there really isn't a more logical place for Lebron to go than New York. Once Lebron comes, then Bosh follows him. Bosh, Gallinari, city of New York > Rose, Noah, city of Chicago.

Your absolutely right, Derick Fisher is the MAN!
I also agree it would be hard to get Fisher b/c Kobe is not going to let Fisher leave L.A. without a big fight with the Lakers Franchise.
But I would still do my best to get Fisher b/c Toney Douglas talent only needs Fisher guidance. And that signing could start a major change on how top FA look at the Knicks.

As for your pessimistic and most likely comment on Lebron James future, u need to understand that "Jordan" grossed $100M per season off of his endorsements while in the NBA.
Kobe was suppose to be the next player to do that in the NBA but....., now the NBA has Lebron James whom received a $100M contract from Nike before he graduated from High School. He was projected back then to be who he is today. Lebron brings billions $$$ to any NBA franchise he joins.
Lebron James just happen to be one of the top-3 American sports players making the biggest profit from endorsements the past 3 years.

So your opinion :)crossfingers:) is weaker than the opinion of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh accepting a one year MLE contract each from Pat Riley to get a championship ring next season in a Heat uniform. :teeth:

clumsy

Rotation player
I also agree it would be hard to get Fisher b/c Kobe is not going to let Fisher leave L.A. without a big fight with the Lakers Franchise.
But I would still do my best to get Fisher b/c Toney Douglas talent only needs Fisher guidance. And that signing could start a major change on how top FA look at the Knicks.

As for your pessimistic and most likely comment on Lebron James future, u need to understand that "Jordan" grossed $100M per season off of his endorsements while in the NBA.
Kobe was suppose to be the next player to do that in the NBA but....., now the NBA has Lebron James whom received a $100M contract from Nike before he graduated from High School. He was projected back then to be who he is today. Lebron brings billions $$$ to any NBA franchise he joins.
Lebron James just happen to be one of the top-3 American sports players making the biggest profit from endorsements the past 3 years.

So your opinion :)crossfingers:) is weaker than the opinion of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh accepting a one year MLE contract each from Pat Riley to get a championship ring next season in a Heat uniform. :teeth:

Eh D-Fish and Eddy House are similar players in my opinion. Mediocre players that somehow do well in big games

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Knick-Fans the top-5 FA (Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Dirk, Amare, Joe Johnson, and Boozer) are all Fishing while watching the NBA FINALS.

Each top FA would like to make a move to a team that will be in the 2010-11 season Conference Finals. Or stay where they are at to recieve a 6 year contract.

The NBA FA rumors & gossip throughout the month of June does not favor the New York Knicks in any way of making the Knicks into a respectable winning franchise this 2010 summer.
The $30M+ cap space the Knicks have to spend on two max players has not generated any big media sports talks, rumors, gossip, excitement, inwhich the Big Apple Media could cover their back page news papers with an optimistic article of the long waited "2010-Plan" of rebuilding a new Knick franchise. Maybe its to early (being June 14, 2010).

Rumors on realgm has the Knicks going after a trade for the Spurs PG-Parker.
Which I think is nonsense, when u have the best experience player-coach PG in the NBA as a FA this summer to offer a decent 2 to 3 year contract for him to train/develope/and push 2nd season Toney Douglas into a prime NBA PG.
Do anyone have a clue of which FA PG I am talking about???

Nonsense! The Knicks are in a prime situation to sign quality guys! There is 1 and only 1 major piece here and that is James. If James signs with the Knicks that the Knicks will have their pick of the remaining free agents to pair anyone with James. If the Knicks get Parker (I can't believe that anyone would choose Fisher over Parker) that would at least let some FA's know that the Knicks have a few guys worth pairing with; never mind the remaining money to and a expiring contract to bring in more pieces. James is the key to controlling everything!

Kiyaman

Legend
Nonsense! The Knicks are in a prime situation to sign quality guys! There is 1 and only 1 major piece here and that is James. If James signs with the Knicks that the Knicks will have their pick of the remaining free agents to pair anyone with James. If the Knicks get Parker (I can't believe that anyone would choose Fisher over Parker) that would at least let some FA's know that the Knicks have a few guys worth pairing with; never mind the remaining money to and a expiring contract to bring in more pieces. James is the key to controlling everything!

And if the Knicks dont sign Lebron James?

Fisher brings discipline/leadership in the lockerroom and on the court.
Plus Toney Douglas talent would tripple under fisher guidance

Kiyaman

Legend
Eh D-Fish and Eddy House are similar players in my opinion. Mediocre players that somehow do well in big games

That is a very low blow (Eddy House) to what Derick Fisher done for G.S. franchise, and the Jazz Franchise, and both tours with the Lakers franchise.

Deron Williams was the best PG in the NBA after beating Billups team in the playoffs.
Deron Williams became quite as a mouse once he met his teacher Fisher in the playoffs.

The Boston vs Lakers series stand at 3-2 with Boston in favor.
Lets see what happens in L.A. in the 6th game when Fisher adds to the offense and the Lakers get Perkins to commit one more Technical to be suspended for the 7th game.

dave2138

Rotation player

You don't have to sell me on Lebron and what he does for a franchise...I don't really get your point there. I never brought up that Lebron can make more money in NY, I agree it doesn't matter where he plays, he'll make money.

Looking at winning potential alone, New York has just as much or more potential than Chicago and Cleveland. Most would agree with that statement. 2nd Max FA + Gallinari vs. Noah + Rose vs. Antawn Jamison + Mo Williams.

I'm a lot like you where I try to negate other people's opinions of ideas of what to do this off season claiming they are unrealistic. The case of Lebron James though, everything from the moves Walsh has made the past 2 years to hearing interviews of Lebron's indecisiveness about where he will play next season makes it easy to conclude that New York has more than a legit shot. They are the favorites right now whether we like it or not...I think most people would be surprised if Lebron chose Chicago. Everyone will be shocked though if he picks Cleveland or New Jersey.

Instead of asking why would Lebron choose NY over other places when he can be just as successful anywhere else. Ask why would he choose the other place over NY? Cleveland is close to his home town...that's sweet. He can still visit on off days...

We'll see what happens with Derek Fisher...I just think that's one of those situations where you just know a player will play with a certain team until he retires.

Kiyaman

Legend
You don't have to sell me on Lebron and what he does for a franchise...I don't really get your point there. I never brought up that Lebron can make more money in NY, I agree it doesn't matter where he plays, he'll make money.

Looking at winning potential alone, New York has just as much or more potential than Chicago and Cleveland. Most would agree with that statement. 2nd Max FA + Gallinari vs. Noah + Rose vs. Antawn Jamison + Mo Williams.

I'm a lot like you where I try to negate other people's opinions of ideas of what to do this off season claiming they are unrealistic. The case of Lebron James though, everything from the moves Walsh has made the past 2 years to hearing interviews of Lebron's indecisiveness about where he will play next season makes it easy to conclude that New York has more than a legit shot. They are the favorites right now whether we like it or not...I think most people would be surprised if Lebron chose Chicago. Everyone will be shocked though if he picks Cleveland or New Jersey.

Instead of asking why would Lebron choose NY over other places when he can be just as successful anywhere else. Ask why would he choose the other place over NY? Cleveland is close to his home town...that's sweet. He can still visit on off days...

We'll see what happens with Derek Fisher...I just think that's one of those situations where you just know a player will play with a certain team until he retires.

O.K. I'm going to make this short with some better clarity for u

I didnt imagine Lebron leaving Cleveland two years ago.
Now that the owner FIRED the president/headcoach/and the majority of the people they hired into the organization.
I really dont see Lebron leaving Cleveland for any team.
The Cavs have to many great tradeable pieces, with their MLE.

And yes, the Knicks "had" a better roster of playerr than the Bulls and Miami the past two seasons, but not the Cavs.
Walsh F..ed up the team the first season, and Dantoni screwed us front/backwards the second season.
When the Knicks resigned Lee & Nate in Oct. the Knicks became a 40 win team.

And Gallo dont have 25% of the NBA skillz as Noah, D.Rose, D.Lee, Harrington, Chandler, or any of the Cavs starting lineup.
So stop getting it twisted that Gallo is the best player on the Knicks when he is in the same class as Walker & Toney Douglas.
Jordan Hill was/is a 100 times better NBA PF then Gallo will ever be.
u and other Gallo-Fans could chat and hype-up a Gallo conversation all day.
But I been on to many teams where Gallo talent sat on the bench more than the towel boy.

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer

Now that the owner FIRED the president/headcoach/and the majority of the people they hired into the organization.

And yes, the Knicks "had" a better roster of playerr than the Bulls and Miami the past two seasons, but not the Cavs.
Walsh F..ed up the team the first season, and Dantoni screwed us front/backwards the second season.

And Gallo dont have 25% of the NBA skillz as Noah, D.Rose, D.Lee, Harrington, Chandler, or any of the Cavs starting lineup.
So stop getting it twisted that Gallo is the best player on the Knicks when he is in the same class as Walker & Toney Douglas.
But I been on to many teams where Gallo talent sat on the bench more than the towel boy.

^ ^ ^ ^ i guess chris broussard has a account

dave2138

Rotation player

I am in no way a Gallinari fan, I don't know where you got that from. If you look at all my posts, I'm the one saying they should trade Gallinari with Eddy Curry for more cap space.

Our opinions of him mean nothing though. He is still valuable when you talk about a player choosing a team based on what kind of talent they have at place. That's all that matters.

How did Walsh screw up? He put the Knicks in the conversation for a couple max FA. No one likes D'Antoni, but he was hired simply because Walsh wanted a coach who can come in knowing he was going to be on a losing team for 2 years, but stick with it and give the team some sort of image that pending FA can look at when making their decision where to play.

I don't think you'll find too many people saying D'Antoni was a good coach the past 2 seasons, but its better to have a stable coaching position now, than have someone new come in next year with no prior experience with the team.

Lebron will leave Cleveland just because he needs a change of scenery at this point. 7 years in the league and only 1 championship appearance is not good enough. Plus they won't be in a better situation the next 2 years than they were this year due to other overpaid players they have on their team.

All Cleveland has to offer is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY&feature=related

Stop being so negative...you know you will be as happy as anyone if and when the Knicks sign Lebron. There's no reason to believe that the Knicks aren't the favorites right now.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Kiya?! We became a 40 win team when we re-signed Nate and Lee!?

How could you? It's time to step away from the hydroponics.:smokin:
Either that or I should get on them, just to try and understand how you came up with this one?

And the absurdity of Fisher over Parker is hurting my brain. Fisher would be a top mentor, but seriously, if you actually stop and think about who would bring more wins to the team - it's Tony P all the way. Am I sensing a distaste for European players here? A disliking of finals MVPs?

I also think LeBron will stay in Cleveland, but seriously, my opinion means shit. It does look like Bosh will go to Miami and I've always said, we need to sign Bosh first and have a roster fit for a King. This to me (Bosh to Miami) is the thing that makes LeBron snub NY.

If he does, I think Parker would be a great acquisition. Certainly better than Fisher. But what we'd give up for him is looking scary. And for those of you out there who think we can trade Curry....... Shoosh.

I agree entirely that we should re-sign Lee NOW for as little as we possibly can, but that's not going to happen.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
I am in no way a Gallinari fan, I don't know where you got that from. If you look at all my posts, I'm the one saying they should trade Gallinari with Eddy Curry for more cap space.

Our opinions of him mean nothing though. He is still valuable when you talk about a player choosing a team based on what kind of talent they have at place. That's all that matters.

How did Walsh screw up? He put the Knicks in the conversation for a couple max FA. No one likes D'Antoni, but he was hired simply because Walsh wanted a coach who can come in knowing he was going to be on a losing team for 2 years, but stick with it and give the team some sort of image that pending FA can look at when making their decision where to play.

I don't think you'll find too many people saying D'Antoni was a good coach the past 2 seasons, but its better to have a stable coaching position now, than have someone new come in next year with no prior experience with the team.

Lebron will leave Cleveland just because he needs a change of scenery at this point. 7 years in the league and only 1 championship appearance is not good enough. Plus they won't be in a better situation the next 2 years than they were this year due to other overpaid players they have on their team.

All Cleveland has to offer is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY&feature=related

Stop being so negative...you know you will be as happy as anyone if and when the Knicks sign Lebron. There's no reason to believe that the Knicks aren't the favorites right now.

:agreed:
I have to give u that one, Dantoni showed his no coaching skills when Phoenix added Shaq on the team. Dantoni was clueless on how to make Shaq, Amare, Hill, Bell, and Nash become a halfcourt defensive threat as starters & finishers.
So my negativity from clueless-Isiah went straight to a clueless Damntoni...
we just cant catch a break

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Kiya, you're the biggest Isiah lover around. You want all of his players back and you never bashed him as much as you have bashed Donnie and D'Antoni.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I dunno if he's an Isiah lover so much as he is just a really really big D'Antoni hater.

Like every single post he makes bashes D'Antoni in some way.

Random user: "Hey, what do you think about signing Tyrus Thomas?"
Kiyaman: "the knicks don't need Tyrus T they would have been a 40 win team if they kept RANDOLPH and CRAWFORD and fired D'amntoni and Walsh"

etc.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya?! We became a 40 win team when we re-signed Nate and Lee!?

How could you? It's time to step away from the hydroponics.:smokin:
Either that or I should get on them, just to try and understand how you came up with this one?

And the absurdity of Fisher over Parker is hurting my brain. Fisher would be a top mentor, but seriously, if you actually stop and think about who would bring more wins to the team - it's Tony P all the way. Am I sensing a distate for European players here? A disliking of finals MVPs?

I also think LeBron will stay in Cleveland, but seriously, my opinion means shit. It does look like Bosh will go to Miami and I've always said, we need to sign Bosh first and have a roster fit for a King. This to me (Bosh to Miami) is the thing that makes LeBron snub NY.

If he does, I think Parker would be a great acquisition. Certainly better than Fisher. But what we'd give up for him is looking scary. And for those of you out there who think we can trade Curry....... Shoosh.

I agree entirely that we should re-sign Lee NOW for as little as we possibly can, but that's not going to happen.

Lets do the MATH of this past season.

Crazy.....resigning all-star PF-Lee and combo-N8 the great in Oct. was a very wise move. Although they shouldve been signed a month earlier b/c the two has been running our summer scrimage workouts with precision the last 4 years.

1) the eastern conference was not that strong this season, alot of teams in the east fell back. Philly without PG-Miller, Detroit without Duhon & Hamilton, Chicago without their closer Ben Gordon, Toronto still without any guards off the bench,

2) something we refuse to discuss in this forum was our 3-1 winning advantage over the Hawks this season.
When SG-Larry Hughes & Jefferies "coached" their teammates on how to attack and defend all of the Hawks play-book plans to outscore the Hawks 3 out of the 4 quarters using defense.
We dont talk about it b/c that was our first game vs the Hawks and our so-call Super-Star Gallo was DNP that game. We used that same strategy on the Hawks to win 3 out of the 4 games we played them this past season.

3) Darko & 30lb less Curry was suppose to receive playingtime this season as our centers. Not DNP the entire regular season.

4) Our 8th draft pick 6.10 F/C-Jordan Hill were supose to recieve playingtime to bangbodies in the paint/screen off defenders/plus practice on how to draw the offensive charge from oponents while giving 3 strong fouls per game. Not be DNP the entire regular season.

5) SG-Larry Hughes were suppose to be our 30 mpg starting SG for all 82 games this season/this was his contract year. Lebron has not had a better SG on the Cavs since Hughes left Cleveland, and is 90% of the reason Lebron has not returned to the FINALS. With Hughes as the SG, PG-Mo Williams would be hard to tangle with in a series with Gibson as his backup.
That is a fact not an opinion.
Remember President & Headcoach has been FIRED.
6) SF-Wilson Chandler were suppose to be our 30 mpg Starting SF for all 82 games this season.
7) PF-David Lee were suppose to be our 35 mpg Starting PF for all 82 games this season.

8) The Knicks had a strong dominating bench that "depth" was the insurance on winning 40+ games this season.
6th-man Nate the great energy
7th-man Gallo/3-point specialist with passing skills we didnt see untill late
8th-Man Harrington/offense or Jefferies/defense
9th-man Hill/paint defender
10th-man Douglas/offense defense explosion

9) An average NBA coach with experience (Adelman/Don Nelson)) wouldve notice in training camp that he had a roster of 12 decent role-players and backup players inwhich he had to get 10 of those players Jellin within the first 20 games, so he wouldve picked his starting lineup and used a 9 to 11 man rotation.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya, you're the biggest Isiah lover around. You want all of his players back and you never bashed him as much as you have bashed Donnie and D'Antoni.

u came to this forum the same year I did b/c I was banned from ESPN 3 times for bashing Layden and then Isiah.
I bashed Isiah, Marbury, Crawful, and Bum Q.Brick, so much in this forum that I had an arguement with practically every member but I would not subject myself to all the name calling.

I'm sure u remember the name Coach Charlie Brown.
My hate and bashing for Isiah grew less each season b/c of all his great late draft picks that I seen winning potential in.
But I was the first to put up the "FIRE Isaih" thread in this forum.
Which I havnt done yet for Damntoni