stephen a smith reports lebron is leaning heavily towards NY

moneyg

Starter
....his team is doing major investigation into the knicks front office to make sure it is a trust worthy organization..

he like that he can bring along another player... and shaq.. yes.... shaq will join him for minimal money.....

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
....his team is doing major investigation into the knicks front office to make sure it is a trust worthy organization..

he like that he can bring along another player... and shaq.. yes.... shaq will join him for minimal money.....

Where did you hear this? Any links?

moneyg

Starter
the good thing is that he is a nyer and he has very good sources.. if you check his track history.. he been right about.... most thingss. form larry brown.. to iverson.. to marbury.. artest... dantoni.. and so on...

he also goes on to say he doen't think this.. he know it.. for sure....:smokin:

New New York

Quiet Storm
I would love to belief it....but heard a report last week that suggested Chicago and Clev. were the front runners

I think Stephen A. is reputable and he may be getting this directly from Lebron's "team", but I think the problem is his team is planting stories all over the place to build up the hype.

I want to believe it.....but if its just a matter of us being able to get another Max player, then New Jersey would be just an attractive.

13 days left and I bet 3 or 4 more stories like this will pop up before then.

why does he want to bring shaq with him, this makes no sense to me. Lebron seemed annoyed with shaq in the post season .
I guess he wants a strong Front Court and he knows the knicks need a center and Shaq needs a job. Plus Stephen said it would only be a 1 year contract so in 2011 that gives us more cap with Curry's expiring contract.

moneyg

Starter
why does he want to bring shaq with him, this makes no sense to me. Lebron seemed annoyed with shaq in the post season .

Lebron was actually upset with mike brown for not using shaq more and this lead to gilbert firing him. Even if we get lbj signature on a contract and take shaq in the back of penn station and shot him. Its well worth it. Dolan will have isiah pull the trigger. He owes us at least that.

Red

TYPE-A
Smith STRESSED the fact that LBJ is attracted to the "lure" of the city. That to me is what puts us over the top.

When LBJ considers other franchises as Smith noted Chicago will be impossible to please. NJ isn't even in the conversation neither is LAC.

LBJ would be stupid to pass up this opportunity. A Big Market Team with room for potentially 3 FA's cannot be passed on- there is no BOS or LA!

No SA... just NY and that's perfect.

Those who think NJ, CLE or CHI must consider... in CLE they can't get any better only worse.

IN NJ or CHI the "king" would be in a try and "fit in" situation with gaurenteed animosity.

IN NY he and his partners would forge a new beginning on a historic franchise with $ out the anus...

save for BOS or LA... no other franchise can offer that kind of opportunity to start a new beginning. No One but us... the stars are aligning.

Don't think the "lure" of the city is powerful? Well when you want to become a global icon this city offers infinite more possibility than Cleveland.

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
This is non news. Im sick of hearing about LeBrons "sources". Who are these people? Who is leaking all this information? We were out of the running for about a month and all the sudden getting press again?

Honestly I know this is a forum and its fun to talk about this stuff, but Steven A Smith is on the verge of unemployment. Any reaction he gets is good for him. This could easily be nothing. He knows pretty well the NY market.