With so little to go by, it's a tough call...... Keep or toss Earl Barron

• Keep

Votes: 20 90.9%
  • Toss

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Still on the fence with him. He showed he can play during the end the season. He's a decent center who plays with energy. Which is what we need. If we can get him for a Mil or 2 then i wouldn't be against it. But there will be a lot of other players to look at that are free agents and also who we draft will dictate if we keep Barron or not. But again wouldn't mind him coming off the bench.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
He only played in SEVEN games.

How good did Mardy Collins look towards the end of the 2006-2007 season?

And lo and behold he never came CLOSE to replicating that form EVER again.

We have to be weary of Barron if we choose to sign him. You can't expect him to put up last year's numbers - at best you might get 8 or 9 PPG and a handful of rebounds and maybe an average of 1.5 blocks per game playing about 17 minutes a game with our other center playing the rest of it.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Let's not forget how David Lee's production SLUMPED when Earl Barron was on the court.

one of the red flags i have about Lee, he was the only one to get the boards last year and in the beginning of 08-09 when Z-Bo was rebounding like crazy Lee was struggling so thats why i'd prefer Bosh call me crazy but i think Bosh is better

Paul1355

All Star
Earl Barron presence as a "center" in our rotation made us finally look like a NBA team.
We looked like an injury-prone team the previous 2 seasons by having such a small rotation (6 to 7 players) with 5 of our rotation players performing out of their natural position.

C-Earl Barron performance looked like a winning "Center" alongside of PF-David Lee and SF-Harrington in a lineup.
:beer:
However, in 2006-7 Eddy Curry looked like a winning center tandem alongside of PF-David Lee in a lineup. It's to bad the two-players has not been in a lineup together since 2006-7. And Curry repeated injuries had nothing to do with why the Knicks last two coaches refuse to put him back into a lineup with David Lee.
I thought at the start of the season, I would see a lineup of C-Darko & PF-David Lee scrambling together on the court in the paint during the 2009-10 season. But that tandem bigman lineup (Darko & Lee) never made it on the court in any of the Preseason games or regular season games. not once did we see a minute of Darko & Lee lineup.
The Knicks even had a safe backup for Darko & Lee in a 30lb less Curry & rookie Jordan Hill.

With all of the above mention, signs show FA All-Star PF-David Lee signing with another NBA team at max $14M per or to a contender $7M per.
David Lee's biggest contribution on the court as a Knick is he has improved so many Knick players performance when they are in a steady lineup with him over the previous 5 seasons.

The late added Knick players Barron & Walker performance has earned a one year contract from the Knicks.
David Lee's 5 year career performance has earned a 6 year contract from the Knicks organization.
:gony: :beer: :gony:
The question that will bother me during this Knick FA summer is the signing of Earl Barron. And not resigning David Lee. Why? without David Lee consistency can we expect Earl Barron to give us the same consistency he gave us for 82 games next season?

I wouldve had an optimistic view of the Knicks 2010-11 season knowing we would have C-Barron, F/C-Jordan Hill, and F/C-David Lee to cover our Center & PF department before the 2010 draft night.
Barron right now is a 6th to 8th man on a rotation.

He didnt play enough games to be a starter all season. He came in at a time when we desperately needed size and hustle and he brought both.

He is a keeper.

But as a solid big man off the bench.

clumsy

Rotation player
ya if sign him to a huge contract based no 7 games then you would be Isiah picking up jerome james

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Are you guys crazy? 90% of you think we should keep this dude after 7 games... a WHOLE 7 games? You gotta be kidding me.... Do you not Remember the likes of Jackie Butler, and Randolph Morris, and Nazir Mohamed... All who came to the knicks the second half of the season with "promise" and of course turned out to be nothing. And guess what, more likely than not, so will Earl Barron. That is like Eddy Curry having a great season this year, and all of a sudden you guys are down to resign him. I wouldn't waste a dime on him. Not on a 29 year old center who has played in less than 100 games in his entire career... Geeze if Jonathan Bender was judged on just his first 7 games, i guess you guys would like to resign him too huh? C'mon now act as if you guys have some knowledge. I'm not saying this guy is a bum, but the writing is on the wall is all i'm saying. Toss this dude

Are you guys crazy? 90% of you think we should keep this dude after 7 games... a WHOLE 7 games? You gotta be kidding me.... Do you not Remember the likes of Jackie Butler, and Randolph Morris, and Nazir Mohamed... All who came to the knicks the second half of the season with "promise" and of course turned out to be nothing. And guess what, more likely than not, so will Earl Barron. That is like Eddy Curry having a great season this year, and all of a sudden you guys are down to resign him. I wouldn't waste a dime on him. Not on a 29 year old center who has played in less than 100 games in his entire career... Geeze if Jonathan Bender was judged on just his first 7 games, i guess you guys would like to resign him too huh? C'mon now act as if you guys have some knowledge. I'm not saying this guy is a bum, but the writing is on the wall is all i'm saying. Toss this dude
This.

Come on, he was playing against absolutely no competition. He showed some skills and nice athleticism, but there's a reason he's never been in the nba. Give him a shot in summer league and maybe toss him the 12th roster spot. Nothing more.