Official Draft Thread 2010 LIVE

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Alan Hahn reporting Jerome Jordan will be bought by the Knicks from Mil for Cash. Now that's whats up!

i was pissed off up until recently when i found out we got this dude now im happy again we got that needed C he plays defense so thats fine by me

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
That being said I'm happy Walsh got his head out of his ass and got us a center. I can deal with us getting Jerome Jordan instead of Alabi (even though I wanted Alabi more) but I'm still upset at the fact that Walsh somehow thought the best way for the team to win was to get Landry Fields.

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
Do you seriously think the core of the Cavaliers outside of LeBron is better than the Bulls or the Heat?

The Bulls have Derrick Rose, one of the best up and coming players in the game today (along with Kevin Durant, Tyreke Evans, and Brooke Lopez).

The Heat have Dwyane Wade, a superstar and top 5 player in the NBA.

The Cavaliers have Mo Williams (who's a DECENT player but you'd have to be a moron to think he's as good as Rose or Wade) and Antawn Jamison (who is old and showed he could no longer produce come playoff time, not to mention he still has more time left on his contract). The rest of their team sucks.

Dwayne wade did what with his group? Okay. Lebron got a lot further than miami did which tells me that cleveland's crew is better than the heat.

The bulls maybe slightly better.

Alej_Correa

Benchwarmer
what happend to mikhail torrance? he wasnt even drafted...and i saw in alot of reports that he was considered the 2nd best guard in the draft

Paul1355

All Star
That being said I'm happy Walsh got his head out of his ass and got us a center. I can deal with us getting Jerome Jordan instead of Alabi (even though I wanted Alabi more) but I'm still upset at the fact that Walsh somehow thought the best way for the team to win was to get Landry Fields.
If getting Jerome Jordan is official than i wont be pissed off but getting two guards was not what I expected

I atleast expected to trade up and get a better player and get a big man.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Dwayne wade did what with his group? Okay. Lebron got a lot further than miami did which tells me that cleveland's crew is better than the heat.

The bulls maybe slightly better.

The Bulls maybe slightly better?

The Bulls made it to the playoffs this year and didn't even have LeBron. Imagine how far they get when they ADD him?

The Cavaliers without LeBron are a terrible team. They're not even a playoff team without him. The Bulls are already a playoff team, and then add LeBron. The Bulls' supporting cast is UNQUESTIONABLY better than the Cavaliers'.

The Heat are already a playoff team and they already have a superstar and room for TWO max contracts (and possibly a third if they trade Beasley).

They could sign THREE free agents to max deals AND still keep Dwyane Wade. They have to potential to be the scariest team ever seen in basketball. That's a much better supporting cast than the Cavaliers', who have the potential to be at best a team that (with LeBron) makes it to the conference finals but that's pretty much it (they're not getting past Orlando with the roster they have).

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
oh yea because Alabi is a perfect backup to Chris Bosh...please

I know Bosh was gone the moment they signed Hedo Turkoglu, frankly.

That kinda ruined their cap space, and now they're stuck with that same core they have forever (no free agents, they can re-sign Bosh but don't have the ability to sign anybody else).

Frankly I'm glad we got Jerome Jordan - we needed a C of some sort and he was one of the top 2 remaining so that's a fair pick. Also he's probably a bit more polished than Alabi is.

But getting two no-name Swingmen is NOT something I'm all that happy about.

tiger0330

Legend
This dude Rautins was projected to go at 86 not 38, I hope Donnie and his staff know something others don't because that's a huge disparity in judgement on this kid. Didn't expect much from this draft other than the Knicks maybe being able to buy a higher pick but Andy Rautins?? I think he becomes D League fodder just like his fellow alum Gerry McNamara. Now on to free agency.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
CALM DOWN Everbody!

Our Savior is not going to be found in the second round!

Lets be real.....one of if not both of our picks will likely not be in the league 4 years from now as is the case for most of the second round players drafted!

I mean do we just draft a Center of PG for the sake of doing so?

Wojciech Mydra was one best collegiate shot blockers, did that materialize to a solid NBA career?

Ed Cota was a legend at UNC running the point one of the All Time Leading assist men in College and he wasnt drafted

Point being.... in the second round you draft the best player available, trying to fill a need in round 2 is like trying to find your dream car on a random used car lot! Or like trying to find your dream girl at a drunken Mardi Gras party

So hopefully we made the most of at least one of the picks we made.

The point is, the best player available at that time, was neither of the picks that the Knicks picked... Donald Walsh must be smoking something, because he is clearly under the impression that Earl Barron is the next coming of Kareem or something... That has to be the ONLY reason not to pick up the best available player who happened to also be a center.

Yes the majority of the 2nd round picks don't pan out, and thats the reason why they are picked in the 2nd round. However, there is no risk involved, only reward in choosing these guys. So the Knicks not choosing one of the Centers, or Varnardo, shows me that Donald Walsh And that coach are INEPT. And that ineptness translates to ppl who want to win championships NOT coming here... So in the end, after 2night draft I believe that it shows the Knicks Mgt do not understand the need to fill some of the core needs of a team that wants to contend

tiger0330

Legend
News about us buying Jordan definitely made me feel alot better. I was FURIOUS before.
It's not official and the Bucks traded Gadzuric so they have as much of a need for a C as us. Don't understand why we couldn't use the 38/39 pick for Jordan if we wanted him. Doesn't make sense.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It's not official and the Bucks traded Gadzuric so they have as much of a need for a C as us. Don't understand why we couldn't use the 38/39 pick for Jordan if we wanted him. Doesn't make sense.

Yeah we could've gotten Alabi or Jordan instead of drafting Landry Fields - nobody was drafting Landry Fields and we could've drafted Jordan and signed fields as an undrafted FA but no we decided to draft Fields for some reason

New New York

Quiet Storm
The point is, the best player available at that time, was neither of the picks that the Knicks picked... Donald Walsh must be smoking something, because he is clearly under the impression that Earl Barron is the next coming of Kareem or something... That has to be the ONLY reason not to pick up the best available player who happened to also be a center.

Yes the majority of the 2nd round picks don't pan out, and thats the reason why they are picked in the 2nd round. However, there is no risk involved, only reward in choosing these guys. So the Knicks not choosing one of the Centers, or Varnardo, shows me that Donald Walsh And that coach are INEPT. And that ineptness translates to ppl who want to win championships NOT coming here... So in the end, after 2night draft I believe that it shows the Knicks Mgt do not understand the need to fill some of the core needs of a team that wants to contend

No....it doesnt mean Donnie thinks that Barron is the next coming of Kareem, but rather he thinks Barron is better than any player in the second round of tonights Draft!

Maybe its not that Donnie and Dantoni are "inept" but rather they were not high on the players available at those positions. Again this is the 2nd round....not the lottery

Now lets flashback 10 years....remember how bad we "needed" a backup to Ewing and did not need another SF because we had Spree....what happened was us getting Fredric Wies instead of Artest!

More recently we did not need another post player because we had Randolph,Lee and Curry, the result of that is we pass on Brook Lopez!

On paper did The Spurs need Dujuan Blair? Nope! Did they find a use for him? Yup

Because The Pistons had Tayshaun Prince and Richard Hamilton they did not have a need at either SF and SG, so they dont draft Wade of Melo.

The Bucks had Ridnour and the emerging Ramon Sessions, did they need Jennings?.... but are they happy they got him?

Extreme examples, but proof that chasing a need can burn you and drafting the best player available is the wisest move.

Paul1355

All Star
I know Bosh was gone the moment they signed Hedo Turkoglu, frankly.

That kinda ruined their cap space, and now they're stuck with that same core they have forever (no free agents, they can re-sign Bosh but don't have the ability to sign anybody else).

Frankly I'm glad we got Jerome Jordan - we needed a C of some sort and he was one of the top 2 remaining so that's a fair pick. Also he's probably a bit more polished than Alabi is.

But getting two no-name Swingmen is NOT something I'm all that happy about.
Is the Jerome Jordan thing official?

If only Alan Hahn is reporting it then it might just be a rumor.

If Jerome Jordan is not a Knick then the Knicks grade has to be a C-...they have not filled a need in the draft in years and passed up on Brook Lopez and Jennings who would have been needs in the drat years they were in.

I know Rautins and Landry were picked for their offensive skills which Mike D played a huge part in. Rautins will be good in this system, Landry I hope is not a bust.

Blas

Benchwarmer
No....it doesnt mean Donnie thinks that Barron is the next coming of Kareem, but rather he thinks Barron is better than any player in the second round of tonights Draft!

Maybe its not that Donnie and Dantoni are "inept" but rather they were not high on the players available at those positions. Again this is the 2nd round....not the lottery

Now lets flashback 10 years....remember how bad we "needed" a backup to Ewing and did not need another SF because we had Spree....what happened was us getting Fredric Wies instead of Artest!

More recently we did not need another post player because we had Randolph,Lee and Curry, the result of that is we pass on Brook Lopez!

On paper did The Spurs need Dujuan Blair? Nope! Did they find a use for him? Yup

Because The Pistons had Tayshaun Prince and Richard Hamilton they did not have a need at either SF and SG, so they dont draft Wade of Melo.

The Bucks had Ridnour and the emerging Ramon Sessions, did they need Jennings?.... but are they happy they got him?

Extreme examples, but proof that chasing a need can burn you and drafting the best player available is the wisest move.

This is why we are just posting instead of working in the front office of an NBA team.

We have little to complain about until we see these guys in action. Most of you admit you barely even know their games. Most of you watch very little college ball and get your information from the likes of draft express.

Andy, I watched, he fills a need. We complain about lack of defense, so why are we upset that Donnie drafted an excellent perimeter defender? Not only that he has an amazing work ethic and the kid is a leader. He lead the Orange not Wes. Notice most of these qualities do not exist with last years roster?

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player

Actually it does mean they are INEPT... Look your examples yes they are extreme, but even if I gave you that, the difference is those picks that you named were 1st round draft picks. In the second round, a team drafts on either best player available or need. Plain and Simple. BOTH picks are ridiculous picks and shows these guys don't really know the team they have in front of them. Their pick of Jordan HIll last year instead of picking up Holiday, Jennings, or Collison showed me these guys were starting to lose it, now this draft only confirms it