CP3 open to playing in NYC...

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
Our whole roster might be gone if DW can pull this off!!! I will be floating all summer...

Many people around the NBA and those close to Chris Paul believe the Hornets are now open to trading him.

Paul is open to playing in New York or with the Nets, according to sources. Paul was furious when his name was mentioned in Memphis trade rumors.

The Blazers have long been one of Paul's most adamant pursuers and have 'bordered on tampering' with the point guard, according to Wojnarowski's report.

William Wesley and Maverick Carter have been involved in Paul's affairs as well and the former has attempted to shop Paul to other teams.George Shinn issued a statement on Wednesday that did not include an assurance that Paul won't be traded.

GM Jeff Bower isn't shopping Paul, but he isn't rejecting proposals flatly as he was a few months ago.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AmSkwkmTcUid60P3BrCbUVq8vLYF?slug=aw-chrispaul062310

if donnie gets his hands on paul ... the roster is basically all gone ... with approximately 44mil left to fill the spots

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I posted this in another thread here as well, but I could see NO wanting Lee, Curry's contract and maybe one more player. That would allow them to shop David West and maybe chop down on his $8 mil next season and that would leave them with 3 solid, young, talented and semi-proven players in Collinson, Thorton, and Lee. Then Peja and Curry's money off the books next year alone would be above $25 mil.

They could go shopping next offseason with a nice chunk of their core players under contract. That would be a nice situation for them, depending on who becomes available next year.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
We don't have the assets to trade for one of the best players in the league. Our greatest asset for NO is our cap space. We would have to take Okafur AND Posey in order to get Paul.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Ok....this isnt going to happen, but.... if it were here is what I think it would take

Gallo,Douglas,Wilson and a pick and us taking on Posey

This dops 13 million into our cap

we could still sign a max and David Lee.

But we would have to fill out with league minimum players, which with this sort of talent would not be very hard

Paul/Duhon
Posey/Walker
Lebron/Tim Thomas
Lee/Tim Thomas
Jermaine Oneil/Barron/Curry

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
We don't have the assets to trade for one of the best players in the league. Our greatest asset for NO is our cap space. We would have to take Okafur AND Posey in order to get Paul.

You say this like it is a bad thing!!! With Okafur at the 5/4 and Paul and the 1, throw the fact that we also have gallinari, walker and douglas (assuming we would have to include chandler in the deal) this roster would be one of the more attractive rosters for LaBron. We would have a better core than Chicago or NJ and Paul is good friends with James so....

New New York

Quiet Storm
We can Trade Whoever as long as we dont trade Gallinari.

Look I like Gallo too....and comparing two players who play different positions is kinda hard....but if Gallo was a better SF then Paul is a PG, then he would be Lebron James or at the very least Melo!

If we had a chance at Paul and Donnie balked because he didnt want to part with Gallanari then he would be on Isiah's level!

Asimov

Benchwarmer
enough of these fools "saying" they like NY or talk about how great the Garden is

it makes me sick. Unless you sign with the Knicks who gives a F if you like New york

These dudes are just using the Knicks to get themselves better incentives/perks from other teams

As a knick fan i am sick and tired of all this BS....either you sign with us or shut up

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Curry, Chandler and Toney D (I'd miss him so). A combined salary total of slightly less than $14.5M

FOR

CP3, Peja and Mo Pete OR Posey. A combined salary total of roughly $36.2M

NO lose $36M from their cap and add $14.5. Leaving them under the cap with $51.5M, down from $73M. Curry adds an asset to trade or expire. So, $21.5M in savings for them right there. Instant FA contenders/flexible options in the rebuilding process. They'd still have Collison, West and Okafor and could make a play for the Warrior's 6th pick with Ellis, although that's unlikely. Just an indication of their flexibility as a team under the cap.

We could still sign Lee.

Paul1355

All Star
Our whole roster might be gone if DW can pull this off!!! I will be floating all summer...

Many people around the NBA and those close to Chris Paul believe the Hornets are now open to trading him.

Paul is open to playing in New York or with the Nets, according to sources. Paul was furious when his name was mentioned in Memphis trade rumors.

The Blazers have long been one of Paul's most adamant pursuers and have 'bordered on tampering' with the point guard, according to Wojnarowski's report.

William Wesley and Maverick Carter have been involved in Paul's affairs as well and the former has attempted to shop Paul to other teams.George Shinn issued a statement on Wednesday that did not include an assurance that Paul won't be traded.

GM Jeff Bower isn't shopping Paul, but he isn't rejecting proposals flatly as he was a few months ago.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AmSkwkmTcUid60P3BrCbUVq8vLYF?slug=aw-chrispaul062310

if donnie gets his hands on paul ... the roster is basically all gone ... with approximately 44mil left to fill the spots
Would they take Curry's contract for cap space and Chandler or Douglas???

I dont think that was worth more than Devin Harris and the #3 pick which, according to sources, the Hornets denied.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Devin Harris just wasn't going to work - NO is NOT going to take on anything that isn't either a rookie level contract or an expiring contract.

I think it'd probably take us Curry, Gallo, Chandler, and probably two or three first rounders a few years down the line.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If we signed LeBron and Bosh and then dumped our entire roster for Okafor, Posey, and Paul, I would be more than happy with it.

We'd suck for a few years but we'd just build a team with the MLE and the bi-annual and the veteran's minimum. CP3 is THAT good.

iSaYughh

Starter
I totally agree that I'd be happy w above...but we'd suck for a few years? Maybe I misread.

CP3
Leauge Min
Bron
Bosh
Okefor

My narcoleptic cousin could sub in @ the 2 for us and that team would likely own.

Edit -- likely misunderstood.

But you really rather have Bloatedfor and CP3 > James and Bosh?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
No you got what I meant. If we signed LeBron and Bosh and then traded EVERYONE ELSE we had (Chandler, Gallo, etc.) for CP3, Okafor, and Posey.

I dunno if we'd SUCK but we'd have no bench whatsoever for a couple of years.

Paul1355

All Star
by the way CP3 never said anything about NY, just that he is open for a deal.

And we have no one to trade that matches his value.

Paul1355

All Star
Devin Harris just wasn't going to work - NO is NOT going to take on anything that isn't either a rookie level contract or an expiring contract.

I think it'd probably take us Curry, Gallo, Chandler, and probably two or three first rounders a few years down the line.
too much to give up in my opinion..

Chris Paul is a franchise player but the Knicks would have one player on their roster...Paul and Douglas....not really appealing to a free agent. Atleast the Knick can make the playoffs with an allstar and the current lineup they have(minus Curry).