Jerome Jordan
jerome-jordan-hd_0.jpeg
Birthday: 9/29/86
NBA Position: Center
Ht: 7-1
Wt: 244
Hometown: Kingston, Jamaica
High School: Florida Air Academy

Strengths: Was one of the most effective centers in the nation as a senior averaging 15 and 9 with over 2 blocks per game ... Has an ideal NBA center frame with tremendous dimensions including a huge (7-foot-6) wingspan on a 7-plus foot frame ... Players his size don't often have his agility. Solid in the open floor and has some leaping ability ... Shows nice touch for a bigman. Has an excellent shooting form on mid-range jumpers and free throws with efficiency (68% as a senior but should be able to shoot better) ... Appears comfortable stepping out to 12-15 feet and knocking down jump shots with good form ... Became a lot more comfortable in his senior year showing the ability to be an effective scorer in the paint ... Gets a lot of easy dunks and put backs due to his size ... Utilizes drop steps and some effective post moves to create scoring opportunities ... Does a good job of posting up, using his great length to make a big target in the paint ... Shows a solid righty jump hook ... Quality rebounder due to his great length ... His length also makes him a presence defensively (over 300 career blocks), with potential to improve if he focuses on it ... Had an excellent showing in a late season match up with Hassan Whiteside where he took over the game and handily outplayed the young phenom using his polish, strength and experience (21 pts, 12 reb) ... To his credit has worked hard at his game and become a steady, consistent (game to game) performer at the college level (scored in double digits in all but 4 games).

Weaknesses: From Jamaica, Jordan was late to playing orgazined ball but has shown steady improvement over his college career ... Born in Sept 1986, Jordan will be over 24 before he ever suits up for an NBA team. His age takes away some of the intrigue regarding his potential ... Does not appear to enjoy contact and lacks the tough demeanor that you want in a post player ... Lack of body strength becomes apparent when he meets contact ... Has decent body mass but lacks natural strength, particularly in his legs, and will be pushed around at the NBA level ... Likely will struggle to put on additional strength due to his age ... Despite being a fluid athlete, he appears to have a bit of an old man's body and doesn't show great explosiveness or quickness in his movements ... Reaction speed to the ball and hands are just average ... A bit of an enigma. His size, and abilities would make you think he could be better, and may always frustrate his coaches with that issue. Defers to teammates and often doesn't look to take over games the way he appears capable ... Doesn't seem to understand how much bigger and more talented he is than opponents and use that to his advantage ... Settles for too many fadeaways and shots lacking momentum towards the basket ... Shows flashes but his level of effort and intensity lacks consistency within games ... He's naturally a laid back guy and has trouble at times flipping the switch on the floor and becoming intense ... Lack of intensity has been a barrier for him ... Considering his length, should be a more dominant shot blocker. His timing and natural instincts are just average. Blocked a lot of shots as a sophomore but then apparently began focusing on his offensive game and his numbers dipped significantly ... Lacks great vision and passing ability ... Far too right hand dependent, even when he goes left he uses his right hand, making him predictable on offensive moves ...

Outlook: Jordan has a chance to become an NBA starter based on his length and skills. He also offers a more NBA ready option than many of his fellow draftees ... Jordan could get some looks in the late first round and should find a spot in the early to mid second round.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Is there anything official to say that we`ve actually got this guy?

I`ve seen a lot written that we have here and on other forums but haven`t found anything that says it officially

tiger0330

Legend
smh Knowing the Knicks they will trade David Lee to get this kid and then cut him 3 months later. Not impressed how this off-season is going, we haven't improved the team and FAs want to go to teams that aren't losers. I hope I eat my hat and we sign Lebron or Bosh but I'm not holding my breath.

Let's be honest: no one in New York has ever seen Jerome James play. I have no idea how talented the guy is, but after watching a few videos he seems like a guy with his head in the right place. He likely spend more time on the bench than he will on the floor and Chris Bosh can hopefully take his spot in the lineup at center.

Red

TYPE-A
Yeah can someone post an article from a credible site like ESPN or Yahoo Sports

Sources: Knicks trade for Bucks' pick
EmailPrintComments
By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com
Archive
NEW YORK -- Turns out the New York Knicks picked up three players, not two, in the second round of Thursday night's NBA draft.

But the third guy, Jerome Jordan, a 7-foot-1 center from Tulsa selected by Milwaukee with the 44th overall pick, cannot officially be traded by the Bucks until next week, and the deal is contingent upon Corey Maggette passing his physical Monday in Milwaukee.

NBA Today: 6/25

Chad Ford shares the winners and losers of the NBA draft and explains why Knicks fans should prepare themselves for a tough summer.

More Podcasts ?
Knicks president Donnie Walsh had made a cryptic allusion to a pending deal when he met with reporters Thursday night at the team's suburban headquarters in Greenburgh, N.Y., and two league sources revealed the identity of the mystery player to ESPN.com Friday morning.

The Knicks surrendered $1 million in the pending trade for Jordan, a 23-year-old senior with a 7-foot-6 wingspan who averaged 15.4 points and 9.1 rebounds for Tulsa.

Jordan helps fill the Knicks' need for size -- a need that was not addressed when they selected Syracuse guard Andy Rautins at No. 38 and Stanford small forward Landry Fields at No. 39.

The 44th pick was the property of the Portland Trail Blazers at the beginning of the week, but it was sent along with $2 million to Golden State in exchange for the 34th pick.

The Warriors then shipped the 44th pick to the Bucks along with Maggette in exchange for Charlie Bell and Dan Gadzuric, but that trade will not be official until Maggette passes his physical.

If the deal goes through, the Knicks will have five players (Eddy Curry, Danilo Gallinari, Toney Douglas, Wilson Chandler and Bill Walker) under contract beyond July 1. The rights to Rautins, Fields and Jordan will not affect the Knicks' approximately $36 million in salary-cap space.

Like I said... Coachem' up D'Ant! No Excuses!

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Let's be honest: no one in New York has ever seen Jerome James play. I have no idea how talented the guy is, but after watching a few videos he seems like a guy with his head in the right place. He likely spend more time on the bench than he will on the floor and Chris Bosh can hopefully take his spot in the lineup at center.

NOOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOO!!! I was excited about picking up this kid but you have now ruined him already by calling him Jerome James

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If he's Darko at best, then we're in great shape, cause Darko is a great shot blocker who has a talent that we desperately lacked.

iSaYughh

Starter
Haha. Then at best we get to look forward to Darko 2.0 getting splinters in his ass as he rides the bench with McFlurry!