Interesting question about Amare

Paul1355

All Star
If Amare was on our team last year with Duhon at the point and no big man to back him up on the boards and on defense, would he average the same numbers as David Lee did and be as much of an impact on offense? And would he even be an allstar without Steve Nash feeding him passes and Robin Lopez blocking shots getting rebounds/Channing Frye shooting three's and leaving Amare with one man to beat off the boards?

And with Carlos Boozer, could he have the same numbers without Derron Williams at the point and Mehmet Okur at Center?

This question makes me wonder how good Amare and Boozer really are and how under rated Lee really is.

In my opinion, signing Lee to 12 million a year can be of greater value than even thinking of signing Amare or Boozer for more.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
crazy as it seems i want Amar'e if bosh isnt available, Amar'e is a proven big who has had his share of huge games, his production is amongst the best in the league, ( look at him vs the Spurs, lakers) all these huge playoff series he's had. thats something we'll need a winning mentality hes been in the playoffs and has had success so im down to get him. sure he could rebound better and all but when it comes down to production dude is right there amongst the best of em. he knows how to get his.

Lee is nice and all and i wouldnt be mad if we resigned him but his rebounding always takes a hit whenever he's paired with another guys who rebounds( ZBo and barron)

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
If Amare was on our team last year with Duhon at the point and no big man to back him up on the boards and on defense, would he average the same numbers as David Lee did and be as much of an impact on offense? And would he even be an allstar without Steve Nash feeding him passes and Robin Lopez blocking shots getting rebounds/Channing Frye shooting three's and leaving Amare with one man to beat off the boards?

And with Carlos Boozer, could he have the same numbers without Derron Williams at the point and Mehmet Okur at Center?

This question makes me wonder how good Amare and Boozer really are and how under rated Lee really is.

In my opinion, signing Lee to 12 million a year can be of greater value than even thinking of signing Amare or Boozer for more.
I'd agree about Amare. Amare is SERVED by Nash. He gets much more credit than he deserves.

Boozer, however, has a CRAZY good jumper. He makes tough shots, plays with grit and toughness, hustles, and won in the league before (been to the conference finals).

Boozer > Amare and Boozer > (or equal to) Lee.

Boozer only has the playoff experience part over Lee. Both play similar games. I like Boozer's ability to make tough shots though.

Paul1355

All Star
crazy as it seems i want Amar'e if bosh isnt available, Amar'e is a proven big who has had his share of huge games, his production is amongst the best in the league, ( look at him vs the Spurs, lakers) all these huge playoff series he's had. thats something we'll need a winning mentality hes been in the playoffs and has had success so im down to get him. sure he could rebound better and all but when it comes down to production dude is right there amongst the best of em. he knows how to get his.

Lee is nice and all and i wouldnt be mad if we resigned him but his rebounding always takes a hit whenever he's paired with another guys who rebounds( ZBo and barron)
Z Bo can out rebound anyone....Lee was a top rebounder as a center against bigger, stronger guys....u still didnt answer the questions about Amare...if he was on our team last year instead of Lee would he have been as good as Lee was? I dont think so.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
hahah i didnt see that question........and yea i think he wouldve preformed around the same level, you gotta look to the system Lee's in as well as his talent, the system at some point did have our offense run through lee and so that helped his production. dont get me wrong Lee's a great player and i wouldnt mind keeping him i also wouldnt mind getting Amar'e though he's just as good if not better plus he has playoff experience something we need on this team, my only concern is his injury problems.

JujuXG

Benchwarmer
Lee > all other Pf fa
why?
He can is cheaper and younger
can do basically the samething as the other pf fa

iSaYughh

Starter
Lee is also a superior passer and possesses (much) superior durability.

Lee + Tyrus/Morrow etc is our best -- and safest bet.

Amare really scares me. He gets routinely out boarded by Steve Nash, is a prima donna, lays serious eggs in games from -every- statistical metric, and has a heinous injury history.

And he wants significantly more money in all likelihood.

Plus, the playing w Nash is a very valid point. Lee had Christopher Duhon.

If Lee's offense and such were to ever suffer some hed still prolly be a very efficient:

15+ 10+ 3 guy, with great hussle and amazing durability. And he is ever-improving and adapting to the game.

Amare....

Wouldnt totally shock me to see a turnover prone 18 7 1 with creaky knees and a shitty attitude locked into w max contract.

metrocard

Legend
Amare would probably average 25 ppg and 9 rebs.
Iono if you consider that better than Lee, but we'll have a legit go to guy in the offense.

tiger0330

Legend
Contrary to what people think around here, Amare will do fine w/o Nash. He averaged 20ppg when Steph was his PG. Unlike Tyson Chandler his game consists of more than pick and roll dunks with his PG. The question is do you give max money to a guy that can't get you 10 RPG and lacks defensive intensity.