Methinks D'antoni knows more about defense than Thibodeau knows offense!

mafra

Legend
Defense is a must.... we all realize that. BUT, I suspect D'antoni will be able to illustrate to Lebron his defensive plan more eloquently than Tom Thibby will be able to detail his offensive philosophy.

Defense is effort and will; offense is scheme and skill.

What is the triangle offense? Is that a defensive paradigm?

Lebron has fiven defense a shot for 7 years and has nothing to show for it. He's looking to average a triple-double, play in the SSOL and (when the time comes) demand that his teammates step up and get shots.

Ask BOS how defense worked in the Finals when they couldn't score a point!

I think people diss D'ant to such an extent they are blind to the obvious- that Tom Thibby has proven NOTHING as a NBA HEAD COACH. What does he know about offense? About being the lead voice and guiding a team through the vigors of an nba season?

tiger0330

Legend
Boston couldn't score because LA is one of the top defensive teams in the league especially in the paint. Defense is what wins championships, Bost came within a hair of winning the championship but that LA court is tough, if they had the home court and Perkins I think they would have won it.

Thibs is a gamble because he has no head coaching experience and I was surprised the Bulls hired him esp. after DelNegro. That said I think he will be successful because of his resume, he's helped Boston and Houston during his stays there. He helped Yao become a better player more than Ewing did and Nate seems like he's a better defender since he went to Boston.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Nate also looks like a better defender because there are good defensive players who can cover for the fact that he sucks on defense.

Whereas on the Knicks not a damn person on our team could pick up Nate's liability on defense, so we got burned.

Frankly defense is important, but it's HALF the game.