Walsh still trying to move Curry, Gallo could be the sacrafice!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Make no mistake about it, this is nothing more than a rumor, but it does beg the question I have been asking all season long, which is, "Is it better to have Gallo or the ability to sign Two Max's plus David Lee"

To move Gallo and Curry frees up 14 million more in cap. That means 50 million (or more) to spend. I mean if the cap comes in at 56 that gives us 38 million add the 14 trading Gallo and Curry would give then we are up to 52.

What that could amount to....Two Max at 16 million, Lee at 9 million and still 11 million to spend!

Lets just say we Got Lebron for 16, Joe Johnson for 14, Lee for 8, Tyson Chandler for 10 and Steve Blake for 4

Blake/Douglas
Johnson/Walker
Lebron/Wilson
Lee/Wilson
Ty.Chandler/Barron

Now as much as I like Gallo.....nuff said!

So who could do such a deal? Minny is the team I have always proposed we do this deal with. They would nab a cheap, good young player, while only taking a hit on the cap for one year. They could have them for a future second rounder

Johnny Flynn
Johnson
Gallo
Love
Jefferson

A team on the rise

Sac could also do such a deal!

As well as a couple of team who just trade us one throw away player to make the numbers work for their cap.

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/22868853?source=rss_blogs_NBA

dre48ny

Rotation player
I wouldnt mind if they traded Curry for Al Jefferson. The wolves have been trying to move him, they will get cap relief and we get a solid PF/C.
Then we could still sign 2 max players.

mafra

Legend
I like the idea to target Al Jefferson. I just don't agree with the notion we assume his contract (42 mil for next 3 years) AND give up our best young player.

I would hand them cap relief in E-Curry, along with Wilson Chandler, but this is about it. Unless they toss in Flynn or Rubio, I aint dealing Gallo.

I would offer this to both ATL & MIN. Yes, people forget about ATL.

If the Hawks are going to lose Joe Johnson, I'm sure they would prefer to get something in return. Plus, if we dump Curry's 10 mil and work out a sign-&-trade, Joe Johnson could get more money out of the deal.

Knicks get Johnson without eating into their precious, available free agent cash.... Johnson gets more money.... ATL gets an asset in Curry's expiring contract plus a decent young player in WC.

Sounds like everyon is happy?

Knicks could then sign David Lee and Lebron.

Heck, Knicks could sign and trade Lee to MINNY for Jefferson, and still have cash to sign a few role players like Felton & Outlaw or Livingston and Korver.

Imagine:

Felton
Joe Johnson
Lebron
Gallo
Al Jefferson

Outlaw, Walker, Douglas off the bench!

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Gallo

If we get LeBron James, we will surely get another max contract player, hopefully Bosh. No need to give up on Gallo just to get rid of Curry. We will not need a third max.

If we do not get James, we are unlikely to get Bosh and, no matter what, Wade is almost certainly staying in Miami. In that case, what three max contract players are out there?

I do not like either Johnson or Amar'e as max contract players. Gay and Boozer are certainly not max players and Dirk is going nowhere.

If we do not get LeBron, I think we retain Lee for something like $10M or $11M a year and try to sign just one of Bosh, Johnson or Amar'e. If we sign two max contracts, one of whom is not LeBron, we will soon be back to the dismal place we just left -- salary cap hell.

if we do not get LeBron, we must have more patience. Lets just keep building.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
If we get LeBron James, we will surely get another max contract player, hopefully Bosh. No need to give up on Gallo just to get rid of Curry. We will not need a third max.

If we do not get James, we are unlikely to get Bosh and, no matter what, Wade is almost certainly staying in Miami. In that case, what three max contract players are out there?

I do not like either Johnson or Amar'e as max contract players. Gay and Boozer are certainly not max players and Dirk is going nowhere.

If we do not get LeBron, I think we retain Lee for something like $10M or $11M a year and try to sign just one of Bosh, Johnson or Amar'e. If we sign two max contracts, one of whom is not LeBron, we will soon be back to the dismal place we just left -- salary cap hell.

if we do not get LeBron, we must have more patience. Lets just keep building.

Well, no one says we have to acquire max contracts. I would be happy picking up several 9-13 Mil caliber players if we strikeout on the major FA's.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
S&T for Joe Johnson, convince him to whittle down his contract to around $12M/ for 4 years and then S&T the ****er to SA for Parker and throw in Landry.

2 turds in one flush.

Paul1355

All Star
Gallo is staying no matter what

Make no mistake about it, this is nothing more than a rumor, but it does beg the question I have been asking all season long, which is, "Is it better to have Gallo or the ability to sign Two Max's plus David Lee"

To move Gallo and Curry frees up 14 million more in cap. That means 50 million (or more) to spend. I mean if the cap comes in at 56 that gives us 38 million add the 14 trading Gallo and Curry would give then we are up to 52.

What that could amount to....Two Max at 16 million, Lee at 9 million and still 11 million to spend!

Lets just say we Got Lebron for 16, Joe Johnson for 14, Lee for 8, Tyson Chandler for 10 and Steve Blake for 4

Blake/Douglas
Johnson/Walker
Lebron/Wilson
Lee/Wilson
Ty.Chandler/Barron

Now as much as I like Gallo.....nuff said!

So who could do such a deal? Minny is the team I have always proposed we do this deal with. They would nab a cheap, good young player, while only taking a hit on the cap for one year. They could have them for a future second rounder

Johnny Flynn
Johnson
Gallo
Love
Jefferson

A team on the rise

Sac could also do such a deal!

As well as a couple of team who just trade us one throw away player to make the numbers work for their cap.

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/22868853?source=rss_blogs_NBA
We have trade chips in Curry, Douglas, and Chandler....Gallo and Walker look like locks to stay with the team.

Donnie and especially Mike D is highly against trading Gallo. The sixth pick that we used instead of getting Brook Lopez. I am thinking we better keep him or all that playing time when he was on a cold streak, and that bad season for the sixth pick would all be a waste.

Lee and Gallo will both excel with other players. But right now Lee is the goat on defense and Gallo is the 21 year old stud who has the ability to score over 20 ppg.
Gallo also improved his defense and rebounding and can play PF soon, which replaces Lee.

ofcourse Lee is the hardest worker I have seen since oakley and Lee can rebound like a monster and improves his game every year, but if I have to choose between the two...I go with keeping Gallo because of his low salary and his low age.

Paul1355

All Star
Did you just call David Lee the GOAT on defense????????????
He is the worst defensive big man I know...so yes a Goat is the proper term....if he could block some shots, many games would have been changed, FACT. But the entire team couldn't play defense, Lee just made it worse playing out of position and being horrible defensively.

I dont think anyone will argue Lee's inability to play defense.

So don't even start lol