Official LeBron James Thread

Starks

Starter
The Knicks probably have some homework to do.

Bron most likely told them, listen, you guys are leading the way. I'm meeting with Chicago and then I'm coming back to you. If you don't have a commitment from Bosh, Lee, or JJ, don't bother calling.

This is just part 1. I think the Nets already have been eliminated from contension.

LeFlume

All Star
IF we don't get LeBron I hope he stays with Cleveland. It would feel like a slap in the face if he signed with any other team than Cavs or our beloved Knicks.. I can take if he sign with the Cavs. "Eff it" I would be happy if he signed with the Cavs but Bulls, Nets, Heat.....I don't even wanna think about it..A betrayal of Judas proportions.

Smooth21

Rookie
Good news, though I don't expect Walsh to come out and publicly say, "I think we're screwed and he wants no part of us."

Starks

Starter

This is great because due to the fact that he wants to make a decision before his summer camp opens, he probably will field his otehr two meetings and then circle back to us. This puts us in the lead. **** those ESPN pundits. If I remember correctly, none of them picked the Celtics to get to the Finals. They all hate NYC and this is something that has become obvious. Look at their coverage of other NY sports teams. They hate NY

yanks26ngoin

Benchwarmer
This is great because due to the fact that he wants to make a decision before his summer camp opens, he probably will field his otehr two meetings and then circle back to us. This puts us in the lead. **** those ESPN pundits. If I remember correctly, none of them picked the Celtics to get to the Finals. They all hate NYC and this is something that has become obvious. Look at their coverage of other NY sports teams. They hate NY

If we are able to speak with him again after his final meeting, not only will it be telling, but I think that by then, we better be able to say, "Look, we've got so and so on board, and we are also in serious talks about re signing David Lee, only missing piece right now is you. You can come here, and immediately change the outlook of the city towards this franchise, and really the NBA as a whole, and immediately greatly impact your brand for the better. But that all aside, with so and so on board, and keeping David Lee, you would have a great chance to win here in the near future."

I would absolutely love for the so and so to be a Joe Johnson or a Rudy Gay. But the only one I would do a sign and trade for is Rudy Gay. Joe Johnson is about 6-7 years older and is making too much money now over too long term a deal, if he re ups with the Hawks. I would also love for that so and so to be Chris Paul, via a trade with the Hornets.

I will say that I am pretty optimistic that the Knicks can pull off something before LeBron makes a decision, weather its a signing or a trade or a sign and trade. And, right now, I think Walsh should, in between meeting with an FA, be on the phone with the Hornets trying to hammer out something for Chris Paul and possibly Emeka Okeafor. If the Knicks can upgrade their roster and go back to LeBron after his final meeting, with an upgraded roster, it will greatly increase the chances that LeBron becomes a Knick.

If it helps our cause, LeBron does look pretty darn good with a Knicks uniform on. With a Heat or a Nets jersey on, umm, not so much. He also looks good with a Bulls uniform on, but I think he looks better in a Knicks uniform.

metrocard

Legend
On Thursday, the Knicks held a meeting with LeBron James that was over two hours in length.

Afterward, Mike D'Antoni told the media that he is "cautiously optimistic" and Donnie Walsh described the meeting as "non-committal."

D'Antoni was in a joking mood after the meeting let out.

"I can say it, finally: 'LeBron James' and no one can fine me," D'Antoni said.

"We hoped we got him in a New York state of mind," D'Antoni said.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...lebron_meeting_expects_another/#ixzz0sTDhztXd

WOW....thanks for the link Steph Marbury

I've very exciting.....too excited for words.

YEARITEHERE

Benchwarmer
During their meeting with LeBron James, the Knicks showed the free agent how much more money he could possibly earn while playing in New York.

Interbrand says it ran through 50,000 computer models of a potential LeBron career, using more than 200 variables like individual performance, fan demographics and championships. The report is light on the details of its methodology, but comes to this conclusion: LeBron has a 50% chance of earning at least $1 billion in New York. In Cleveland and Chicago the odds fall to 1%. The study put a 0% chance of LeBron making $1 billion playing for Miami.

An NBA title in New York could be worth $240 million to LeBron, according to Interbrand, about $60 million more than if he brought a ring home to Cleveland, and more than double the value of a Chicago championship.

LeBron could potentially earn as much as $2 billion while playing in New York.

The estimate dwarfed the $700 million he?d likely earn in Cleveland, the $690 million in Chicago, and $600 million in Miami.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...ed_earn_more_money_in_new_york/#ixzz0sTRSFoTd

LeFlume

All Star
I don't know but coach looked like he had won a million bucks after the meeting. What should we read into that? Did coach get laid that morning or was it something else that made him look like a million bucks?

yanks26ngoin

Benchwarmer
Well, hopefully that swayed him to come to New York and excited him. But, thats just being in NY. The next step is to upgrade the roster in a big way. And IMO, the team in the NY/NJ area in best position to do that is the Knicks. If the Knicks can somehow pull off getting Chris Paul and possibly OK4 without giving up Gallo, its over. There is no doubt in my mind that a C/PG combo of Paul and OK4 is much better than a C/PG combo of Harris and Lopez. Then that will allow the Knicks to re up David Lee and will allow Donnie to go back and say to LeBron, "listen, we just upgraded our roster big time and acquired a terrific PG and a very good C and just re upped one of the better PF's in the league, David Lee. Then we have a good young SF with some big time potential in Gallo. You would be the perfect player to complete that lineup, and would instantly make this team one of the better ones in the game."

I mean, just imagine this lineup
C-OK4
PF-Lee
SF-Gallo
SG-LeBron
PG-CP3

Alej_Correa

Benchwarmer
question: i know you guys know that curry has a arrest warrant from chicago..if he gets sent to jail that means our contract with him is terminated right? so that would open more capspace to lebron, max and one other really good dude right?

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
I was in espn's daily dime live room to see what they were saying about lebron etc.. and i came across this and it annoys me:

"Comment From Ric Mestre]
Kevin,whats the deal with the Knicks? I KNOW they're out of the LeBron sweeps, who do you see them picking up? And if they dont make an impact this summer,is it an epic fail for Donnie Walsh and Dolan?
8:35

Kevin Arnovitz: Ric:
I'm concerned for the Knicks. If Bosh ends up somewhere other than MIA or CHI, and we assume that Boozer and Amare end up in those two places. What does that leave the Knicks with? "

I was in espn's daily dime live room to see what they were saying about lebron etc.. and i came across this and it annoys me:

"Comment From Ric Mestre]
Kevin,whats the deal with the Knicks? I KNOW they're out of the LeBron sweeps, who do you see them picking up? And if they dont make an impact this summer,is it an epic fail for Donnie Walsh and Dolan?
8:35

Kevin Arnovitz: Ric:
I'm concerned for the Knicks. If Bosh ends up somewhere other than MIA or CHI, and we assume that Boozer and Amare end up in those two places. What does that leave the Knicks with? "

Did you actually post comments from an article? The Knicks have alot of haters. These are probably random fans who hate the knicks.

metrocard

Legend
Knicks are getting Amare or Lee, one or the other or maybe even both.

No way Amare would want to go to NJ and MIA doesnt want Amare, theyre sold on Bosh. CHI is an option, but Dirk may check out Chicago.