Report : Knicks Virtually Eliminated By Lebron

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
<!-- icon and title -->
<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message -->Report: Knicks Virtually Eliminated By LeBron

James_LeBron_cle.jpg

The Knicks have been virtually eliminated from contention for LeBron James, according to a report from Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski.
James' camp categorized New York's presentation as 'lacking preparedness and organization.'

Aspects of the Nets' presentation earlier on Thursday were similar in nature to New York's and were 'sharper' and 'edgier'.
James has reservations about the possibility of his earning potential being greater in New York than in Cleveland to make up a $30M difference in salary.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! <script type="text/javascript"> tweetmeme_source = 'realgmcom'; </script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://tweetmeme.com/i/scripts/button.js"></script><iframe src="http://api.tweetmeme.com/button.js?url=http%3A//www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D8204%26page%3D3&style=normal&source=realgmcom" frameborder="0" height="61" scrolling="no" width="50"></iframe>

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...#ixzz0sZOPJQua

mafra

Legend
<!-- icon and title -->
<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Report: Knicks Virtually Eliminated By LeBron

James_LeBron_cle.jpg

The Knicks have been virtually eliminated from contention for LeBron James, according to a report from Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski.
James' camp categorized New York's presentation as 'lacking preparedness and organization.'

Aspects of the Nets' presentation earlier on Thursday were similar in nature to New York's and were 'sharper' and 'edgier'.
James has reservations about the possibility of his earning potential being greater in New York than in Cleveland to make up a $30M difference in salary.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo!<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> tweetmeme_source = 'realgmcom'; </SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://tweetmeme.com/i/scripts/button.js"></SCRIPT> <IFRAME height=61 src="http://api.tweetmeme.com/button.js?url=http%3A//www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D8204%26page%3D3&style=normal&source=realgmcom" frameBorder=0 width=50 scrolling=no></IFRAME>

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...#ixzz0sZOPJQua

Then James is a MORON, and I'm glad West banged his crackhead mommy. All I have to say is Omar Vizquel and Derek Jeter. Basically the same player.... COmpare their earnings plz.

With that said, nobody could expect Dolan-Walsh-D'ant to convince a jury OJ is guilty. I wouldnt want to work for those 3 stooges. But it's a disgrace we have to sell him with a presentation. Come and play or dont. Go work for the commie and the dope dealer. I look fwd to ousting you every year now....

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
now lets build that team that knocks him out repeatedly every year. first piece is in in STAT, whos next?

quiggle

Starter
Wojnarowski reports that James was turned off by Donnie Walsh's need to use a wheelchair after a medical procedure on his neck, and that James was similarly deflated by owner James Dolan's appearance.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
So he turned us down because Donnie is in a wheelchair?

Donnie is one of the most respected guys in the NBA. I call BS on this report.

SMH.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
It's already been refuted.

Knicks Dispute They're Out Of LeBron Hunt, Suggest Ulterior Motives

Jul 02, 2010 7:22 PM EST

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports went on the air with Michael Kay on ESPN Radio to discuss points he made in a story Wojnarowski published Friday.

In that story, Wojnarowski wrote that the Knicks had been virtually eliminated from the race to sign LeBron James and that he and his camp were unimpressed with New York's presentation.
Shortly after the segment with Wojnarowski, a representative of the Knicks called Kay to refute the Wojnarowski story and the claims made by his sources. Further the Knicks suggested that someone may be attempting to undermine their chances to sign James. The team insisted that its presentation to James on Thursday was successful and apparently well received.

In addition, Wojnarowski reports that James was turned off by Donnie Walsh's need to use a wheelchair after a medical procedure on his neck, and that James was similarly deflated by owner James Dolan's appearance.
There have been rumblings in recent days that those closest to James are concerned about him playing for the Knicks and what implications that might hold for the power balance around the superstar. There have been some indications that Maverick Carter, James' closest friend, is opposed to a move to the Knicks.

However, the status of Wojnarowski's anonymous sources is unclear since he only generically cites "sources" but does not indicate their position in relation to James, or their particular knowledge of James' reactions to the presentations he received on Thursday.

MrsRobinson

Rookie
True. We won't get LeBron. Mood after the meeting says it all. D'Antoni made the best of a bad job and Houston was disappointed. Easy one. Bye James.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
that's racist .. but true :thumbsup:

Like my grandpa said: Hate everyone equally.

I only wish the Russian bought the Knicks. Dolan wouldn't sell! As for Jay-Z, he owns like 1/10000 percent. I guess I'm a part owner of Microsoft. After he wrote big pimpin' then got p()ssy-whipped and went all married on me, he lost me.

It'll be fun to hate Lebron. NOw I root for Kobe, and for the Knicks to do to him what we could never do to MJ.

Bring it on! Bosh is a tool. Wade's body is nearing the end. I hope those 3 get together now. Win-win. If they do win.... not one of them gets credit, and if they lose they all share blame amongst themselves.

I just wish we weren't stuck with our owner.

jpz17

Starter
Then James is a MORON, and I'm glad West banged his crackhead mommy. All I have to say is Omar Vizquel and Derek Jeter. Basically the same player.... COmpare their earnings plz.

With that said, nobody could expect Dolan-Walsh-D'ant to convince a jury OJ is guilty. I wouldnt want to work for those 3 stooges. But it's a disgrace we have to sell him with a presentation. Come and play or dont. Go work for the commie and the dope dealer. I look fwd to ousting you every year now....

Walsh is one of the most respectable GMs in the entire league, and I think in the top 5
My statement.. D'Antoni is the best coach in the league

You are an idiot

mafra

Legend
Walsh is one of the most respectable GMs in the entire league, and I think in the top 5
My statement.. D'Antoni is the best coach in the league

You are an idiot

Nope. You are an idiot and a lemming. If they appeared disorganized and unprepared then what does that say about Walsh?

Donnie traded Jeffries and tossed in TWO first rounders, plus switching a 3rd. NYJ & CHI both waited patiently and dumped their excess expiring baggage for nothing.

D'ant took the NY job because of the money. Had he taken the CHI gig, look what he would be getting ready for.

Dolan is the worst owner in the history of sports.

This is a rsults BIZ. Even with our roster, D'ant failed as a coach. He wouldn't play certain guys (Hill, Douglas, Darko), relied on Duhon.... Walsh passed on BJ and TL when we needed a PG.

I mean.... come on and smell the coffee. Doesn't mean I dont root for them, or am ready to go to battle with them. But just looking at their dour mugs certainly doesn't inspire me to run thru walls.

WALSH came into NY and threw away 2 years.... He fails on Lebron b/c he bungles last year's draft, and then shows up unprepared (in a wheelchair)?

Velcro

Rookie
i don't think we're getting LeBron, he's going to Chicago or staying in Cleavland... all we have to do is make a team and beat his every year. Amare is the 1st step. Hopefully paul comes next in a trade for eddy curry/chandlerleaving us enough space to sign one more FA. I'm not sure but would we have enough for allen and RJ? 6 mill for ray and 8 for RJ? That with Gallo walker TD and our pics should make a solid team that can compete for the years to come.

CP3
Allen
RJ
Gallo
Amare

Would this work?

Red

TYPE-A
It's already been refuted.

Knicks Dispute They're Out Of LeBron Hunt, Suggest Ulterior Motives

Jul 02, 2010 7:22 PM EST

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports went on the air with Michael Kay on ESPN Radio to discuss points he made in a story Wojnarowski published Friday.

In that story, Wojnarowski wrote that the Knicks had been virtually eliminated from the race to sign LeBron James and that he and his camp were unimpressed with New York's presentation.
Shortly after the segment with Wojnarowski, a representative of the Knicks called Kay to refute the Wojnarowski story and the claims made by his sources. Further the Knicks suggested that someone may be attempting to undermine their chances to sign James. The team insisted that its presentation to James on Thursday was successful and apparently well received.

In addition, Wojnarowski reports that James was turned off by Donnie Walsh's need to use a wheelchair after a medical procedure on his neck, and that James was similarly deflated by owner James Dolan's appearance.
There have been rumblings in recent days that those closest to James are concerned about him playing for the Knicks and what implications that might hold for the power balance around the superstar. There have been some indications that Maverick Carter, James' closest friend, is opposed to a move to the Knicks.

However, the status of Wojnarowski's anonymous sources is unclear since he only generically cites "sources" but does not indicate their position in relation to James, or their particular knowledge of James' reactions to the presentations he received on Thursday.

How do you say...

L

O

L!

:alert::alert::boohoo:

Time to forget Lebron. Lets go try to pry CP3 from NO

Don't be so gullible. We can't jump to any conclusions until we see ink hit paper my G.

tiger0330

Legend
When I heard that Walsh showed up in a wheelchair, I said to myself, maybe he should have stayed home, I guess I was right. I hope he was just there for moral support and they didn't have him wheeling himself around making a presentation.

And Dolan, only guy that can make an Armani suit look like it came from the bargain rack at Mens Warehouse.

Also, why have D'Antoni make the main presentation, has anybody here been impressed with his post-game interviews, he sounds like a hick. Not the guy, I would have picked to make the most important presentation in Knicks history.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard during this free agency. Wojo should be ashamed he fell for this obvious attempt to undermine the Knicks.

This Maverick Carter chump is scared of New York. He's a big fish in Cleveland but a nobody everywhere else. He's afraid of losing his power hold (more like free ride through life) on Lebron.

If Lebron doesn't sign with the Knicks, it's not because Donnie was in a wheelchair and Dolan looked "frumpy". LOl!

And if it is the reason, he's the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet and I'm glad we didn't sign him. Donnie is one of the most respected GM's in the league.

Yet Lebron would chose a team without a GM and being run by the Russian billionaire that obviously doesn't know a thing about the basketball community by treating Rod Thorn (another highly respected GM) and Kiki the way he did. No way.

Please...you guys are gullible.