Amar'e: 'I can get LeBron to NY' - Looks like Amar'e is a certainty???

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Amar'e Stoudemire, who is nearing an agreement with the Knicks on a maximum-salary free-agent contract, feels that he can bring LeBron James with him to New York.

"He's also texting Tony Parker about teaming up," Alan Hahn of Newsday wrote on his Twitter page.

Hahn maintains that Parker is interested in relocating to New York.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...e_can_bring_lebron_to_new_york/#ixzz0saTylm75

It's Hahn, the guy's a dick, how he knows this I can't possibly fathom. But there has to be at least one underlying certainty, Amar'e Stoudemire is going to play here next year.

We'll have to store him cryogenically after each game so his knees don't explode, and his eye doesn't fall out.:eek:hboy:

More noise about Parker. Nothing about CP3.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
im lighting up to the possibility of Amar'e coming here, he is hands down a top player in the L and a perennial allstar im all for him. we need these types of players, sure there a question about his health but the risk-reward in my opinion is leading toward reward. after watching him in the playoffs and how he picked apart the blazers, spurs, and lakers i became sold on this guy

and now him already trying to sell the knicks on other big name players just helps our cause, Parker is an interesting option and i want him here. and if he can get lebron even better.

**side note i read on alan hahns twitter that there is supposedly alot of rumors surrounding the knicks that he cant say right now, one being amare coming. doesnt mean much but i must admit im intrigued

Paul1355

All Star
It's Hahn, the guy's a dick, how he knows this I can't possibly fathom. But there has to be at least one underlying certainty, Amar'e Stoudemire is going to play here next year.

We'll have to store him cryogenically after each game so his knees don't explode, and his eye doesn't fall out.:eek:hboy:

Amare is doable but id rather have Lee for 12 million and use the rest of the money to build an actual team...looks like we are going to just sign Amare and build around him with a PG and Center....Lee deserves what Amare is getting.

Anyway, if Amare can get Tony parker or LBJ there then this will be a great free agency for the Knicks, if they just get Amare and build around him...then it was a C.

How is he a dick? I think he's one of the best on the Knicks beat.

If LeBron comes great, if not I don't care.

And Chris Paul isn't getting traded, I'm over it.

miked1958

Rotation player
Just saw on Espn Ticker

This may be old news because i just got home from work. A quick scan of the posts and i didnt see anything on it.

It said that knicks made an offer to LBJ with 2 options.
Option A - Max offer plus promise to sign J Johnson, Amare or Bosh with him
Option B - LBJ signs for 5yrs at 11.5m and Knicks can then bring in 2 of the other FAs with him.

Discuss

Paul1355

All Star
This may be old news because i just got home from work. A quick scan of the posts and i didnt see anything on it.

It said that knicks made an offer to LBJ with 2 options.
Option A - Max offer plus promise to sign J Johnson, Amare or Bosh with him
Option B - LBJ signs for 5yrs at 11.5m and Knicks can then bring in 2 of the other FAs with him.

Discuss
option B is bad...Lebron wants max and probably does not want to be locked up in a 5 year deal. he does not like long contracts, he's said that in the past.

option A is possible...they will prob sign Amare so I can see Wade or LBJ being interested but we still don't have a solid PG or Center.

can EVERY ONE
please
stop with the injury prone crap

since that knee injury dude has missed only 3 games to injuries in 4 seasons

other than the 20 or so he missed because he nearly lost an eye, which has nothing to do with fragility just misfortune.

2 seasons after that knee injury he averaged 25.2 ppg 9.1 reb and 2.1 blks in 34 mins shooting 59 percent from the field

that was the last season he played for Mike D.

now if you dont want 25 - 9 - 2 - 590 then you are a sorry excuse for a knicks fan

good job donnie, way to land a great big on the dawn of free agency.

im pumped

why arent all of you ?

option B is bad...Lebron wants max and probably does not want to be locked up in a 5 year deal. he does not like long contracts, he's said that in the past.

They'd all be able to opt out after 3 years if they took the paycut. So it's not as bad as it seems. But is LeBron gonna take $11.5? Probably not, but he should.

It all goes back to the powerpoint that the Knicks showed him where he can earn over a billion in New York regardless of the salary.

oh and i high light

2.1 blocks per game his last season with Mike D

1.1 and 1.0 since Mike D left the suns

its quitefunny how a big man playing for mike D played his best defense right before Mike D got shipped out of town.

hmmmm

petescud

Starter
I can see Tony Parker wanting to come to NY..His wife is an actress..as far as LeBron, i think he stays a loser in Cleveland..

smokes

Huge Member
Word this is not a bad start to free agency if it's true. It's not the best but it's still a good situation to be in.

The only thing weak in Amare's game lately has been his rebounding, but if we were to partner him with LBJ he gets a lot of rebounds anyway, I don't think we'd be any lesser of a rebounding team in that scenario.

If we can get Parker, Amare and Lebron/Wade/Johnson that would be a very nice 2010 team :beer: