Can Lee and Amare play together?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
We can only get so far with both of them gettin big minutes. We need someone to protect the paint and the rim and thats a weakness that both lee and amare have. I see the pro-Lee threads but if we sign amare i dont think we should sign Lee. Just my 2 cents :2cents:

Paul1355

All Star
We can only get so far with both of them gettin big minutes. We need someone to protect the paint and the rim and thats a weakness that both lee and amare have. I see the pro-Lee threads but if we sign amare i dont think we should sign Lee. Just my 2 cents :2cents:
Not alot of defense but the offense would be deadly...the paint would give teams a hard time and have chances to kick out to shooters and Lee has always played good with another big man.

This will be ok but we still need a PG.

Lee's gonna want anywhere from about 60-80 mill.. the Knicks don't have that kind of money. Love the effort, offense, and rebounding, but his defense is among the worst in the game, sorry to say. I love the guy, but there are better options available for the money.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Even Stoudamire is an upgrade defensively from Lee but Lee is a much better rebounder. Amare is a better scorer and unlike Bosh hes not afraid to bang down low and posterize a chump. We need to find a low budget grimy center

tiger0330

Legend
D'Antoni's best Suns teams never emphasized defense they just outscored the other team. I think Lee and Stat can play together but I don't see the Knicks resigning him now that they have Stat.

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
as much as i would love to have lee back pairing him up with amare would give us the worse defensive front court in the league

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I believe Kurt Thomas IS a free agent...

It's OK to have a PF weak on defense as long as we have a C who can protect the paint. I think Barron will work as a backup, now we just need a C that can give us like 28 minutes of good solid defense.

iSaYughh

Starter
Haywood, Tyrus. Two very diff Cs, but only ones I'd be "wow'd" about if we signed.

Trades for Biedrins, Okefur, etc, notwithstanding.

I'm still praying we get Deandre Jordan :smokin:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Tyrus Thomas is too small to play C. I'd rather a Biedrins/Okafor trade than sign Tyrus Thomas (cause then we get to dump Curry)

th3realicon

Rotation player
Sign and trade Lee to get Rubio and Jefferson. As simple as that.

Rubio
Gallo
Jefferson
Stat
Walker

I'd be quite Ok with that.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lee's gonna want anywhere from about 60-80 mill.. the Knicks don't have that kind of money. Love the effort, offense, and rebounding, but his defense is among the worst in the game, sorry to say. I love the guy, but there are better options available for the money.

u talking about Lee's salary when this thread is based on a Knick winning
bigman frontcourt.
As lazy as Amare is he would fit just right with Lee & Barron in a
frontcourt rotation. Why? b/c a 32 mpg SF-Wilson Chandler will be explosive/unstoppable with two decent bigmen in the lineup.

So many Knick-Fans are sleeping on our combination of "Lee & Chandler"
b/c both were force to play out of their natural position for two seasons
in a row by a bum coach who is clueless on designing NBA halfcourt plays
and defensive-plays (got fans thinking Lee dont play defense,
foolish thinking.).

For the past 3 seasons the Knicks had an above-average PF-Lee & SF-Chandler, and we did nothing at all to build around the two, or Jell the two together, or inform the two they are future KEEPERS.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
u talking about Lee's salary when this thread is based on a Knick winning
bigman frontcourt.
As lazy as Amare is he would fit just right with Lee & Barron in a
frontcourt rotation. Why? b/c a 32 mpg SF-Wilson Chandler will be explosive/unstoppable with two decent bigmen in the lineup.

So many Knick-Fans are sleeping on our combination of "Lee & Chandler"
b/c both were force to play out of their natural position for two seasons
in a row by a bum coach who is clueless on designing NBA halfcourt plays
and defensive-plays (got fans thinking Lee dont play defense,
foolish thinking.).

For the past 3 seasons the Knicks had an above-average PF-Lee & SF-Chandler, and we did nothing at all to build around the two, or Jell the two together, or inform the two they are future KEEPERS.

Lol, and you went on to talk about a combo of Lee and Chandler when the thread is asking about Amar'e and Lee.

I personally don't think the two can coexist on a championship caliber team because one of the two would be playing out of his natural position.

I would rather see STAT at the 4 and sign and trade Lee to bolster the team further. Gallo, Amar'e, and LBJ or a top-flight PG is a slightly better combo than Lee, Gallo, and LBJ or top-flight PG. Slightly, but there is some separation between STAT and Lee, mainly because of his freakish athleticism.

iSaYughh

Starter
Tyrus Thomas is too small to play C. I'd rather a Biedrins/Okafor trade than sign Tyrus Thomas (cause then we get to dump Curry)

True. He really can't play a true 5 at all; he could fill in at the 4 though and legitimize a quasi-5 like Amare in our frontcourt so won't get diced up by opposing offenses.

I'm resolute that we must make a deal like the ones u mentioned, though. If not the Parker blockbuster, it's a must that we capitalize on the ripeness of things and make a play for Collison-Okefor.

We didn't trade up last yrs draft to secure a player when teams ahead of us were all but salivating at how eager they were to deal. We didn't so, who knows if we have it in us to make a trade without the other team getting a king's ransom...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Kurt Thomas is listed at 6'9" 230lbs. Tyrus Thomas is listed at 6'10" 225lbs. Stoudemire is listed at 6'10" 245lbs.

I think we could sign Tyrus Thomas and still have him start. Amare and Tyrus could switch defensively/offensively.

Or, has anybody thought about Wilson Chandler playing the PF like Shawn Marion did in Phoenix with Amare at Center? Marion is listed at 6'7" 228lbs. Chandler is listed at 6'8" 220lbs.

All small lineups. But we could trade Curry for Biedrens and at least have some defensive size off the bench.

jrdrny

Benchwarmer
has nothing to do with stat or lee but didnt we get that one center from the bucks on draft i think it was jordan, cant we play him at a backup spot