OFFICIAL: Amar'e Stoudemire thread

Red

TYPE-A
It's Official !!!

Amar'e Formally Agrees To Deal With Knicks

Jul 05, 2010 6:03 PM EST

Amar'e Stoudemire and the Knicks have agreed to a contract, sources have confirmed to multiple outlets including Alan Hahn of Newsday and David Aldridge of NBA.com.

The deal will be worth $100 million over five seasons.

After the two sides commenced official negotiations Monday it did not take long for New York to make its offer and for Stoudemire to accept, with a final meeting Monday afternoon between Stoudemire and the team's ownership group, led by James Dolan, making it official.

If I may borrow from another poster...

can EVERY ONE
please
stop with the injury prone crap

since that knee injury dude has missed only 3 games to injuries in 4 seasons

other than the 20 or so he missed because he nearly lost an eye, which has nothing to do with fragility just misfortune.

2 seasons after that knee injury he averaged 25.2 ppg 9.1 reb and 2.1 blks in 34 mins shooting 59 percent from the field

that was the last season he played for Mike D.

now if you dont want 25 - 9 - 2 - 590 then you are a sorry excuse for a knicks fan

good job donnie, way to land a great big on the dawn of free agency.

im pumped

why arent all of you ?

Oh' and...

oh and i high light

2.1 blocks per game his last season with Mike D

1.1 and 1.0 since Mike D left the suns

its quitefunny how a big man playing for mike D played his best defense right before Mike D got shipped out of town.

hmmmm

From Hahn...

Jul 02, 2010 11:21 PM EST
Amar'e Stoudemire, who is nearing an agreement with the Knicks on a maximum-salary free-agent contract, feels that he can bring LeBron James with him to New York.

"He's also texting Tony Parker about teaming up," Alan Hahn of Newsday wrote on his Twitter page.

Hahn maintains that Parker is interested in relocating to New York.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...e_can_bring_lebron_to_new_york/#ixzz0scPY40tu

From Steve Kerr...

"But maybe this move for Amar'e will get LeBron's attention," Steve Kerr, the former Phoenix GM, said Saturday by phone. "Who knows if it will? None of us really know what he's going to do. But I'd think he'd look at playing with Amar'e. The thing I love about Amar'e is that he wants to be great and he works at it. He's a competitor and he wants to be a star."

"I'd be concerned about years four and five of a contract because he's had four knee surgeries and microfracture surgery," said Kerr

"But I wouldn't be concerned about the first two, three years."

"Amar'e's not going to be Kevin Garnett, everybody knows that," Kerr said. "But he's improved. He's still not a great defender and he knows that. But he's tried to get better. I think he's learned and grown. He's matured a lot, and we had a good, stable environment for him here...

"Gee, just a point guard and rebounder? That's all?" Kerr said, laughing.

Yeah, nothing major, although this move for Stoudemire certainly is. "After planning for 2010 and making room, the Knicks had to make a splash," Kerr said. "And getting Amar'e is a splash."

But is it big enough to get James' attention?

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b..._paul_lebron_james_tony_pa.html#ixzz0scRLlqFy

There, I threw in a couple negatives for you. Not sure if the stable environment thing was a jab at us, but whatever.

IF he helps attract more good players... then you can't complain.

IF we are stuck with Lee to pair with him... then you can't complain.

It's a win - win baby! Stop complaining.

Amar'e​
2010 Playoffs Statistics
PPG22.2
RPG6.60
APG1.1
EFF+ 20.25
Born: Nov 16, 1982
Height: 6-10 / 2,08
Weight: 249 lbs. / 112,9 kg.
High School: Cypress Creek (Orlando, FL)
Years Pro: 7

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/amare_stoudemire/bio.html

Last edited:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Not a single complaint from me. Love the move from a basketball standpoint and I love the move from a "potentially attracting other players" standpoint.

tiger0330

Legend
You can thank D'Antoni for being able to acquire Stat, his relationship
with Stat undoubtedly had to do with the quick signing of Stat. He is one of the top 5 FAs so it's a good signing. Only thing is we lose Lee for nothing, so we lose a good player for a slightly better player so we are net only a little better on paper. Sorry to see Lee go if he leaves though.

New New York

Quiet Storm
So basically what his current GM said is that he is good for about 3 years but not 4 or 5 years

And we are signing him to a 5 YEAR DEAL, and we should be rejoicing?

These stinks of Isiah type desperation!

Again if he is being brought in to get us a Mega Star, then I'm all for it.....but he is not the savior of our team!

If one of the other top tier free agents joins him and/or the Knicks can land Carmello next year (still a big if) things would be looking a lot more positive for us Knicks fans. One star (other than Lebron) with a bunch of role players around him will not make me overly excited.

We'll see how everything unfolds over the next couple of days.

quiggle

Starter
gal_backpage_0703.jpg

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
So basically what his current GM said is that he is good for about 3 years but not 4 or 5 years

And we are signing him to a 5 YEAR DEAL, and we should be rejoicing?

These stinks of Isiah type desperation!

Again if he is being brought in to get us a Mega Star, then I'm all for it.....but he is not the savior of our team!

I don't buy for a second that Stever Kerr or anyone else knows how much longer Amare will be a dominant player. He is just coming off of a complete season in which he played the best basketball of his career. He'll be turning 28 this coming November. A five year deal is no where near as unreasonable as it has been made out to be. (Also, he eye injury was a fluke thing that could have happened to anyone)

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
The deal is reportedly 5 years 99 mil. I thought the max contract deal is 16.5 a year? so how did we get the 99 mil number

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
No idea how we got that much out of it.

Amar'e has recovered successfully from microfracture surgery.

The eye injury was a fluke injury that could've happened to anyone

Paul1355

All Star
the only really good thing about Amare is that if we sign him early then other players will look at the knicks as more intrgiuing which can land us LBJ, Wade, Joe Johnson, or Tony Parker(via sign and trade David Lee).

And now I am hearing the Knicks offered a 5 year 92 million dollar deal as opposed to the 100 million dollar deal, so saving some money will help.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
im hearing that Amar'e is in NY this weekend and the deal should be finalized by monday hope this goes through. i would love amar'e on our team and it would make our roster more intriguing to players.