OFFICIAL: Amar'e Stoudemire thread

mafra

Legend
someone find me some videos that say Amar'e game winner.

Who needs videos? I saw it with my own eyes, as he ripped apart SA & the Lakers. Did Fry do anything? Nope. Missed like every shot. It was the Amar'e show!

STAT is the #3 free agent in the market, and the best BIG. We got hiM! We wanted to get a big and Lebron or Wade. We had NO SHOT to get LJ-DW unless we signed a BIG.

What's not to like?

Lee was a great Knicks. Worked hard and was a nice player, but he never was a leader in the locker room and never was a go-to guy in the 4th quarter, with the game on the line. Lee also had little presence defensively in the paint.

STAT is a leader b/c he is loud and speaks his mind and wants to be the man. It might not work out well, but he wont shy away from being "the man."

We wont be held hostage by disgruntled vets anymore, as STAT will demand others abide - Douglas, Walker, Gallo, Chandler and the rookies will benefit from this new culture; and STAT will make those players better.

STAT also blocks shots; is a go-to guy in the 4th.

STAT also has the personality to handle NYC, something BOSh never could (and unlike BOSH STAT has proven he can score 20+ points in the playoffs).

Don't judge the painting before the artist puts the brush down. Sure we overpayed for STAT, we had to.... We did what though? Gave him that 5th year, and perhaps 3-4 mil extra a year to lure STAT? What's bad about that? WE WERE THE WORST TEAM IN THE NBA THE LAST DECADE, and have James Dolan running things.... OF COURSE we had to overpay.

quiggle

Starter
amareisreal Twitter

"Again, I would love 2 take the time 2 say thanks,2 all the Fans of PHX. You guys where great. I hope that U all remain fans of mine. Thanks"

metrocard

Legend
Amare's rebounding is equal to Bosh, so stop bitching about that already. They both rebound at the same rate. They're not Dwight Howard, just B level rebounders.

mafra

Legend
Amare avg 6 rebounds/game vs the Lakers.

Max player?lol

WOAH. He only avergaed 25 points, 6 rebounds, 1.5 blocks & a steal per game against the team who won the West 3 years in a row?

Sure, he's a chump.

Bottom line: As a F, he averaged 8.9 rpg.... League avwrage is 4.8. League leader is 13.2.

metrocard

Legend
Amare avg 6 rebounds/game vs the Lakers.

Max player?lol

Thats one series, it means nothing.

9.4 rebounds per 36 minute career...how is that BAD???

2002 McDonald's All American
2002-03 NBA All-Rookie (1st)
2004-05 NBA All-NBA (2nd)
2006-07 NBA All-NBA (1st)
2007-08 NBA All-NBA (2nd)
2009-10 NBA All-NBA (2nd)

All-Star Games

2005 NBA
2007 NBA
2008 NBA
2009 NBA
2010 NBA

MVP Award Shares

2004-05 NBA 0.032 (9)
2006-07 NBA 0.002 (14)
2007-08 NBA 0.021 (6)
2009-10 NBA 0.004 (10)

Amare is legit a top 10 player in the NBA and one of the best big men....how isn't he worth the max?

WOAH. He only avergaed 25 points, 6 rebounds, 1.5 blocks & a steal per game against the team who won the West 3 years in a row?

Sure, he's a chump.

....with Steve Nash.

his numbers will go down,if u do t think so then I'm sorry to break it to you.

But atleast his rebounds will be the same.

mafra

Legend
....with Steve Nash.

his numbers will go down,if u do t think so then I'm sorry to break it to you.

But atleast his rebounds will be the same.

Oh my. It's so hard to feed the ball down low or to run the pick and roll.

He gets to the free throw line, and can hit the stand up jumper. I can argue his numbers go up (as they have when MD coaches him) for the simple fact that we don't have as many options as they had in PHO. We will go to him more than PHO did. He'll get more shots.

You people crack me up. We sign best BIG on the market and people complain.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Oh my. It's so hard to feed the ball down low or to run the pick and roll.

He gets to the free throw line, and can hit the stand up jumper. I can argue his numbers go up (as they have when MD coaches him) for the simple fact that we don't have as many options as they had in PHO. We will go to him more than PHO did. He'll get more shots.

You people crack me up. We sign best BIG on the market and people complain.

the people that are complaining are most likely anti-knick fans. Why else would they be against this acquisition? smh ..

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
No the anti-STAT people are right! If I was Donnie Walsh I would have given Carlos Boozer a 5 year $100 million deal. His defense and commitment to the team would be essential for a championship.

quiggle

Starter
a friend of mine said the Knicks are naming Amar'e captain of the team once his signing is official, is this true I can't find any reports about this?

TunerAddict

Starter
One thing to note is that Amare had his BEST defensive seasons under Mike.

Also, look at the games Amare has played without Nash. I saw statistics on a post at RealGM. Numbers are pretty much the same as with Nash.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
One thing to note is that Amare had his BEST defensive seasons under Mike.

Also, look at the games Amare has played without Nash. I saw statistics on a post at RealGM. Numbers are pretty much the same as with Nash.
Good post. I think that Amare will be fine without Steve Nash. He played a year under D'Antoni while D'Ant was serving as the assistant coach and won rookie of the year.

In his 2nd year (when D'Antoni became the head coach), Stoudamire's number's jumped, as did the Suns number of wins. They became contenders and went out and brought in Nash who benefited from D'Antoni's system and also helped Stoudemire become the player he is today.

History shows that the D'Antoni and Stoudemire marriage results in more wins, and statistical increases. Just like Stoudemire's tenure in Phoenix, I hope a top tier player comes to the Knicks in 2011-2012 to only increase both of these things.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Hopefully D'ant opens up things for Gallo. He had a couple moments where he and David Lee executed the P&R flawlessly. I remember the Hornets game where he had like 5 assists in the first quarter. Of course Gallo needs to be given the chance to handle the ball instead of chucking up threes. I think he and STAT would work very well together.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
That Knicks fitted cap is sooooo OFFFICIAL!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha word, now i just need that jersey. THAT's official

im hype we got this dude easily better then Bosh and he's proven against big teams in the playoffs( Mavs, Spurs, lakers ) practically toying with their interior defense. Bosh is soft amar'e goes hard( no homo ) not giving a **** whos down low. Bosh can shoot the J, Amar'e can shoot the J. Bosh is good Amare's better.

point is we got the better player im hyped. def. top 10 maybe top 5