Houston won't have surgery

rady

Administrator
Staff member
While Kurt Thomas' dislocated right pinkie went under the knife yesterday, Allan Houston continued to stay clear of surgery. Knicks prez Isiah Thomas said Houston's progress has made surgery on his sore knees not an option.
http://www.knicksonline.com/0304/getart.php?id=1079

comme on, this is ridiculous! houston needs this surgery if he still wants to play! why can't he understand?

6thman

Benchwarmer
that's right! Why doesn't he want to have surgery?????? That would be much better for him and the team!!!!!

gerry42

Rookie
Surgery for Houston would be a mistake

Houston and his doctors know if surgery is needed. As a fan I want him to play his best for the knicks. I don't have access to his medical records. Does any one in the group have this information? I have had surgery on one knee and an ankle. It's not a decision you make lightly. If you were Allan Houston would you have surgery? :hoops:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
well, you can't be worse. i mean, at least you'll be able to play..

WiL8000

Rotation player
I'd rather have him get the surgery. In all likelyhood, Houston will suffer another injury next season to his knees. Isiah will have to plan some of his moves this summer around this fact because if Houston is out again for some time, he needs someone who can fill in the 2 spot.

WiL8000

Rotation player
He had the surgery b4, but maybe he lost faith in that, because it didn't work out for him last season. What I think he is failing to see is that he came back from the surgery way too quickly. If Houston went under the knife and waited the right amount of time before returning, I could see him playing alot better in general.

gerry42

Rookie
Houston's medical records

:calm: Since no one posted they have Houston's records I guess we're still working off opinions and not facts. Houston does not need surgery he needs to complete the rehabilation he cut short to play. If any one has any medical facts please post them. Opinions are like... mysteries until you know the answers they don't count.