Can Suns Nab Lee AFTER we sign STAT?

CoolClyde

wtf? is this a big F.U. to NYC for giving Amar'e the big bucks? does this leave us without DLEE options if Kerr forges ahead? man o man, someone 'splain!

Suns Want To Work On Amar'e Sign-And-Trade With Knicks

Jul 06, 2010 8:10 AM EST
Stoudemire_Amare_phx.jpg
The Suns may try to get something out of Amar'e Stoudemire's departure after all.
The Arizona Republic is reporting that Phoenix is working to use Stoudemire's rights in a sign-and-trade deal with the Knicks.
Stoudemire agreed to a five-year, $99.7 million deal with New York on Monday.
Phoenix could receive a trade exception in a sign-and-trade with New York worth up to $17 million, unless they take back a player like free-agent David Lee.
The Suns would have to use a part of the trade exception in a sign-and-trade with Chicago in order to finalize their four-year, $18 million agreement with Hakim Warrick.
"If we can do something to help Phoenix, we will," Stoudemire's agent, Happy Walters, said.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...are_sign_and_trade_with_knicks/#ixzz0swk8jiKZ

this is what i got out of it:
The Knicks benefit with a small bump in cap space by starting Stoudemire's contract at a lower first-year salary because the deal can have 10.5 percent raises via Phoenix rather than 8 percent raises if done by New York. Otherwise, the Suns, after more than two years of considering trading Stoudemire, would see him leave for New York without any compensation, other than getting salary-cap relief and no longer being a luxury-tax-paying team.

i'm still confused as f*ck!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
They'll probably lok to get a trade exception out of it from the league. That'll give them the equivalent of Amar'e's's'se's's contract for the season to play with for a single year.

They can still go after Lee as well, but we're in no way binded to make that happen for them.

I'm sure Mike D has no intention of lending a helping hand to those that fired him.