Miami Signs Dwade And Chris Bosh To Max Contracts......(lebron To Ny????)

orchid

Rookie
Dead ass i think superstars colluding is going to ruin the NBA for a lot of people. They should have some sort of rule for top 30 players in the league having special free agency rules.....I think the league is more exciting with parity like the NFL.
I sort of agree with you. The NBA has been sort of boring in recent years because of the Lakers being top-heavy with talent. I don't know if that sort of team structure happens by accident, but I kinda doubt it.

Having been an NBA fan for awhile, it seems like the teams go in really predictable cycles. Like clockwork, you can almost guarantee that losing teams will rise to the top in 5-7 yrs because they clear salary space, and get top draft picks. The Knicks have been struggling for awhile and now it seems like they are (hopefully) about to come full-circle and get on track to a 1990s-style winning cycle.

I guess I wish there was more mixing it up in the NBA. More teams with a long-range focus, more players with loyalty to their teams. The current mix seems to create a handful of recognized stars and to let other equally viable and talented players fly under the radar.

But back on topic: I'm so glued to this free agent drama. Really hoping Lebron lands in NY!

Even as a knick fan, i don't even think i wanna watch the regular season with Carmelo, Lebron, and Amare....it's like whats the point.
I guess my fan side contradicts everything I said above... that trio would make for an incredible season... so stoked if that happens.

and yes, this is my first post. :) Hi all!

clumsy

Rotation player
Yeah but it's proven in the nBA you can't win a chip without a superstar. There aren't 30 superstars, but i think it is a little bit more exciting when each team has a go to guy...

I don't think we will ever see a Detroit Piston championship again....a team with one borderline superstar and mostly #2 and 3 options.

dassknick

Benchwarmer
Good summation of the current situation...Tommy Dee is the man.

http://bit.ly/9ImhM1

There’s No Way Lebron Goes to Miami

By Tommy Dee on Jul 07, 2010, 1:49 pm
I’ve said this from day one. Lebron the brand cannot trail D-Wade by a ring. And with Bosh agreeing to Miami, that pretty much takes the Nets out of play for me. And a source tells me that Chicago has already moved on.
That leaves Cleveland and NY and all signs I’m seeing and hearing, it’s going to be the Big Apple.
But I’ve been saying this for a long time now. Ultimately, the idea that Lebron going to Chicago to “win right away” was a stretch. If he wanted to “win right away” he’d go with Bosh and Wade, but again, that’s winning by default. And it would make the NBA less attractive.
If Lebron does stay in Cleveland, then good for him, but all signs are pointing that the announcement will be NY tomorrow.
It’s a combination gut feeling and some digging, and things can change, but that’s where I’m at right now.
It’s where I’ve always been.
Of course, nothing is done until it’s done.

dassknick

Benchwarmer
Via Jared Dudley's twitter: http://twitter.com/JaredDudley619

1. That's what I'm hearing.. I don't care where he goes lol.. I personally thought he would stay in Cleveland...
  2. Breaking News!!! My sources tell me Lebron will announce that he will be goin to the NY KNICKS tomorrow on ESPN.. This is serious.. WOW!!!!
Don't know what to think of this, Dudley has sources?