Dear Haters, Pessimists and Fake Knick Fans...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
We are not saying that the Knicks aren't going to do anything else, but let's be realistic there really isn't any impressive free agent out there besides lebron, wade, amare, bosch... I mean are you really gonna sit here and tell me that Miller or Felton is the Knicks plan if they can't get Lebron? Maybe if you used your brain a little bit, u would realize that the Knicks are most likely not gonna resign their most impressive player last year David Lee, because they got a slightly better player to replace him. So tell me what exactly have the Knicks done so far in this free agency that is so impressive? Slightly upgraded their PF position, big whoop.

Use my brain? That's funny coming from a poster repeating himself and joining the chorus of pessimists. It's clear by your join date and posts that you measure our success solely on Bron...that means it is YOU who set a bar in his head and it is YOU afraid that the Knicks won't rise to YOUR requirements. Further you just listed STAT as one of the top 4 FA's...guess what!? We nabbed him already! Now maybe you should use your brain and understand that signing a FA is not the ONLY way to build a contender. In sports we have something called the TRADE...it's a neat little tool that allows teams to swap players and upgrade their talent without needing to go out and buy a player. Once you understand this, understand our cap flexibility and understand that Amare gives the Knicks a big upgrade and a clean slate along with making us MUCH MORE ATTRACTIVE to potential all-stars you will understand that Bron or bust is a delusion you and a few other have created in your own heads.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
1. Our draft picks are lotto protected.
2. NO, Wade and Lebron are not the sole reasons.
3. Would you rather have Zbo and Crawford and 1 and done in the playoffs?

I understand that the last 2 years were sacrifice in order to rid our roster of bloated contracts and mismatched players that at best were a 40 win/8th seed team going no where fast. I much rather be players and have a chance at Lebron then sitting on the sidelines watching the NBA pass us by.

1- Actually its not Lottery protected... in 2011 its top 1 protected and 2012 its top5 protected. so probably you need to do some research there buddy and plus we gave them 2009 LOTTERY pick Jordan Hill

2- Are you kidding me? Stop it now please what are the other reasons?

3 - so again i ask you, are you saying that this team as it stands, or if it gets someone OTHER THAN Lebron or Wade, will make the playoffs? is that what you are really telling me? you are effin nuts. This team is the same or worse right now than it was last season. just because we Amare will score 4 more points a game doesnt mean the knicks are a playoff team.

LeFlume

All Star
The question is what kind of Amare we get IF he doesn't get another superstar. He already hit the jackpot financially so how much effort will he put in if he's on a losing team?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
This is an Epic Post. This needs to stickyed or something. With permission from the site, I would like to have a speacial "Starks Aint-Raving Mad this time" column to be my open letter to the knicks fan base.

Anytime Richard! :)

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Are you happy we have a chance at getting Lebron?

Or is having Crawford and Z-Bo better? If we had Crawford and Z-Bo on this team, we wouldn't even be talking about Lebron or Amare or anybody.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Use my brain? That's funny coming from a poster repeating himself and joining the chorus of pessimists. It's clear by your join date and posts that you measure our success solely on Bron...that means it is YOU who set a bar in his head and it is YOU afraid that the Knicks won't rise to YOUR requirements. Further you just listed STAT as one of the top 4 FA's...guess what!? We nabbed him already! Now maybe you should use your brain and understand that signing a FA is not the ONLY way to build a contender. In sports we have something called the TRADE...it's a neat little tool that allows teams to swap players and upgrade their talent without needing to go out and buy a player. Once you understand this, understand our cap flexibility and understand that Amare gives the Knicks a big upgrade and a clean slate along with making us MUCH MORE ATTRACTIVE to potential all-stars you will understand that Bron or bust is a delusion you and a few other have created in your own heads.

Look, we are wasting our time arguing anyway because he is going to be a Knick, end of story. He said he wanted to make basketball interesting again. All he has to do is sign with the Knicks and we got ourselves a Knicks/Heat rivalry again.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
1- Actually its not Lottery protected... in 2011 its top 1 protected and 2012 its top5 protected. so probably you need to do some research there buddy and plus we gave them 2009 LOTTERY pick Jordan Hill

2- Are you kidding me? Stop it now please what are the other reasons?

3 - so again i ask you, are you saying that this team as it stands, or if it gets someone OTHER THAN Lebron or Wade, will make the playoffs? is that what you are really telling me? you are effin nuts. This team is the same or worse right now than it was last season. just because we Amare will score 4 more points a game doesnt mean the knicks are a playoff team.

1- Well, last I heard it was lotto protected. I really didn't follow the details of the trade after the first week. Do you have a link? All I can find is that is was rumored to be what you said.
2- What other reasons? How about cap flexibility. How about ridding us of overpaid paid Isiah acquisitions? How about a clean slate? How about OPTIONS moving forward?

Lebron and Wade have been in the league 7 years and Wade only has one title yet you would have us believe that the only way to build a contender is to acquire either of these two players. Sorry but you are wrong and the Spurs, Lakers and Boston are proof of it.

3- Obviously we will need to acquire more talent since we don't even have the minimum players required. That said, our core is certainly better with the addition of STAT. What I'm telling you is that STAT plus a combination of other players can certainly make the playoffs. STAT is a legit number one option and for the first time in close to a decade the Knicks finally have a go to dominate player.

4- Amare is factually a better defender than Lee so your point is moot. Further Amare leads the league in point in the paint while playing in the West.

P.S. I love how you complain about the Hill trade yet completely ignore the 9 mil in cap space it cleared up that makes acquiring Lebron a possibility. Let me guess...Lebron would have signed with the Knciks already if they just had Jordan Hill and less cap space! :thumbsup: The fact that we brought in STAT is the only reason we are still in the hunt.

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
i am going to wait as see... i will give walsh the benefit of reasonable doubt... because this is the real first year of his plan... but i will say this, from the players he has drafted to the coach he hired to some of the personal decisions he has made i don' see my beloved knicks moving into the elite on his watch without lbj or carmelo... 100 mil to a big mouth weak rebounding ball hogging big small forward just doesn't fix what was and is wrong with the knicks... sorry trillion... you can put your little knicks cheerleader uniform on and sit in front of your computer and type ra ra ra all you want but i have to haul my kids down to msg and pay out the ass to watch a horrible team night after night... i would like to see us in the elite at least one more time before i die juz us

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Look, we are wasting our time arguing anyway because he is going to be a Knick, end of story. He said he wanted to make basketball interesting again. All he has to do is sign with the Knicks and we got ourselves a Knicks/Heat rivalry again.

There you go! A bit of optimism! For that I will give you a rep point.

mafra

Legend
I concur.

We're this close to having a team like:

PG (Ridnour/Felton/Livingston)
Gallo
Lebron
Chandler
Amar'e

Walker, Douglas, Shaq, Curry, Barron, (spare parts like Ewing Jr., Rautins, Fields, Jordan).

This was well worth it, and would be the greatest turnaround in NY sports history.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
i am going to wait as see... i will give walsh the benefit of reasonable doubt... because this is the real first year of his plan... but i will say this, from the players he has drafted to the coach he hired to some of the personal decisions he has made i don' see my beloved knicks moving into the elite on his watch without lbj or carmelo... 100 mil to a big mouth weak rebounding ball hogging big small forward just doesn't fix what was and is wrong with the knicks... sorry trillion... you can put your little knicks cheerleader uniform on and sit in front of your computer and type ra ra ra all you want but i have to haul my kids down to msg and pay out the ass to watch a horrible team night after night... i would like to see us in the elite at least one more time before i die juz us

Listen new jack...you signed up to this forum to do exactly what I am doing...discuss the Knicks. If you want to fault me for being optimistic that is fine and you can cheer-lead the chorus of pessimists all you want. That said, you made a bunch of blanket statements not backed by facts and left us with a touching anecdote about the money you have to spend. Woe is you! :boohoo:

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
I concur.

We're this close to having a team like:

PG (Ridnour/Felton/Livingston)
Gallo
Lebron
Chandler
Amar'e

Walker, Douglas, Shaq, Curry, Barron, (spare parts like Ewing Jr., Rautins, Fields, Jordan).

This was well worth it, and would be the greatest turnaround in NY sports history.

Curious, if we actually land Lebron, do the Knicks still have cap room to resign Lee. I know he is most likely gone anyway but not sure on the situation.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
well does that the fact that we are TALKING about having lebron make us championship contenders? or does us HAVING lebron make us championship contenders. We have been TALKING about Lebron for two years, and we have won about 30 games a year during that time.

Like I said earlier, If Lebron whips out a Knicks fitted and says he's coming to MSG, I will post a thread seconds later praising Walsh and the signing of Stoudemire. However, if that doesn't happen, then TALKS ARE JUST TALK and that doesn't count 4 shyt.

Red

TYPE-A
- so again i ask you, are you saying that this team as it stands, or if it gets someone OTHER THAN Lebron or Wade, will make the playoffs? is that what you are really telling me? you are effin nuts. This team is the same or worse right now than it was last season. just because we Amare will score 4 more points a game doesnt mean the knicks are a playoff team
Good thread Trill. This is as good a time as ever to weed out the real from the fake-

and we've all noticed these fake D*cks harping and hoping to cash in on their "I told you so moment" opportunities.

Ala Broussard. Maybe that's the new term for these fairweather b*tches. Broussardasexuals! They're worse than him in pumps- just straight ass.

BTW... I have no problem calling these maggots out. Kiya and lilman... real fams support... girls like you b*tch and complain and live in the past.

If you DONT like what we're doing... leave you stupid m*ther****ers! Find a new team to complain about.

Clearing cap space was brilliant. and just one step. Amare was another. Have we seen teams totally rebuild in 1 off season? No. So why not sit back and relax? Maybe b/c you're only a "fan" when we do what u feel is right and start winning.

But if we do get better and happen to get LBJ or Wade... and since you've been exposed... I can tell you... You won't be here to much longer! Go to Chi- NY haters fit right in.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
well does that the fact that we are TALKING about having lebron make us championship contenders? or does us HAVING lebron make us championship contenders. We have been TALKING about Lebron for two years, and we have won about 30 games a year during that time.

Like I said earlier, If Lebron whips out a Knicks fitted and says he's coming to MSG, I will post a thread seconds later praising Walsh and the signing of Stoudemire. However, if that doesn't happen, then TALKS ARE JUST TALK and that doesn't count 4 shyt.

Would you not wait to see what other acquisitions we make? How about seeing what Amare can do reuniting with D'ant in his prime? All I'm saying is that Bron or bust is setting the bar way too high and their are plenty of other routes to a title. STAT was an important FIRST piece regardless of the direction we go moving forward.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Good thread Trill. This is as good a time as ever to weed out the real from the fake-

and we've all noticed these fake D*cks harping and hoping to cash in on their "I told you so moment" opportunities.

Ala Broussard. Maybe that's the new term for these fairweather b*tches. Broussardasexuals! They're worse than him in pumps- just straight ass.

BTW... I have no problem calling these maggots out. Kiya and lilman... real fams support... girls like you b*tch and complain and live in the past.

If you DONT like what we're doing... leave you stupid m*ther****ers! Find a new team to complain about.

Clearing cap space was brilliant. and just one step. Amare was another. Have we seen teams totally rebuild in 1 off season? No. So why not sit back and relax? Maybe b/c you're only a "fan" when we do what u feel is right and start winning.

But if we do get better and happen to get LBJ or Wade... and since you've been exposed... I can tell you... You won't be here to much longer! Go to Chi- NY haters fit right in.

The bolded part made me LOL!:teeth:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Let there be light!

Dear Haters, Pessimists and Fake Knick Fans,

(I am not going to name names but you know who you are)

It is clear some of you are vested in failure to vindicate your crying, whining and the hate of our Knick organization and the 2010 plan. For nearly two years many of you have thrown borderline temper tantrums at every move this team made to shed salary. We have spent close to a decade in turmoil, lurching from one inept front office to another. This lead to bringing in overpaid ex-all stars who did not mesh well together in the hopes of turning someone elses headache into a success for the Knicks. It netted one playoff appearance and not a single playoff win. It turned our franchise into the laughing stock of the NBA and arguably the worst managed franchise in all of American sports.

Two years ago Donnie Walsh was hired to change that trajectory and wipe the slate clean in order to rebuild our team into a contender. It was impossible for this plan to happen overnight and many thought it was impossible to do it by the summer of 2010. Walsh was single minded in his pursuit and accomplished what he set out to do. (no, he never said it was Lebron or bust in spite of some assertions on this board) His plan was to rid the Knicks of as many of the toxic players and contracts as possible, breathing new life into the organization and he has done precisely that! We went into the biggest free agent summer in the NBA's history with the MOST amount of money to spend while holding on to as many young assets as possible. We went from the highest payroll to one of if not the lowest in the league in 24 short months. This feat alone is a major accomplishment and puts us back on a path of fiscal sanity after years of mismanagement.

Walsh seized on an opportunity to aquire a top 5 coach in the league knowing full well that rough times were ahead. Many of us understood that Mike D'antoni was acquired because he was the best coach available, not because we thought he would turn a team without a center, competent PG or star into a contender.

People used quotes from Amare to prove their case that D'ant is not a good coach yet Amare ran back to his coach, apologized for his lack of maturity and is signing his praises. Let's be clear, Amare did not have to sign with the Knicks but chose to, knowing full well who are coach was.

The acquisition of Amare also makes us the most attractive roster available to acquire Lebron James and I firmly believe Lebron will be announcing that he is coming to the Knicks tomorrow night. I am optimistic and hopeful unlike some who rather us fail just to scream "I told you so" while ignoring that Lebron was just ONE path towards building a contender. Lebron or not the Knicks have already upgraded our roster and wiped the stench of Layden and Isiah away. We have a ton of cap space left and the flexibility of Curry's contract moving forward. That my friends is success!

Amare said it best...The Knicks are back!

Dude.... Using your own gentile way with words - That post made my balls wet..:teeth:

I've singled out my favourite points and statements and it's still the vast majority of the post.

Epic.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Dude.... Using your own gentile way with words - That post made my balls wet..:teeth:

I've singled out my favourite points and statements and it's still the vast majority of the post.

Epic.

LOL. It's one of my favorites. Thanks to you and everyone else for the props. I was getting sick to my stomach reading the forums and had to set the record straight as I saw it.

LeFlume

All Star
Saying that we failed is not the same as hating. I'm pretty sure that our main office had LBJ as the number one option, The main man, IT, what ever you wanna call him. I also believe that they would see it as a failure if he doesn't sign.

If we don't get LeBron we failed. It's as simple as that and yes I do love the knicks and always will. We have failed before and we will fail again and I will always be there loving them no matter what. As a Knick fan I'm use to pain.

Move On. Let's Go Knicks..

metrocard

Legend
j65469.jpg