Donnie Walsh Appreciation Thread!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I think Donnie deserves our love, admiration and from some...an apology.

Thanks Donnie! You have aquired the two pillars in the Knicks forthcomming dynasty! The road has not been easy, fans were not patient but in the end it will all be worth it. Get better fast so you can enjoy this new era!

donnie-walsh-86a.jpg

So nice I posted it twice!

quiggle

Starter
props to Donnie but D'Antoni was why Amar'e came here and Allan Houston's connection to WorldWide Wes was why LeBron comes here. but yeah this was all Donnie's doing he surrounded himself with the right peoples.

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
This thread's a day to early. Donnie is doing good but he will be praised highly once LBJ puts NY nationally on the map

Red

TYPE-A
Good lookin' Donnie!

Once we become competitive again... I hope all those haters and doubters remember who we true fans were repping... because Lord knows I'll never let'em forget it!

*my wrath is on deck.

flip99

Rookie
This guy should get all the praise in the world,Everything that he has said he will do he has done.Its crazy how nobody remembers the years of lies and bullshit that went on with this team.If we dont get Lebron it will be devastating but imagine what it would have been like to not even be in the conversation if this guy didnt come with a plan and not given us a chance we are right there to be great again because of D Walsh.This guy has been honest since day one and no matter what happens we are back being relevant again.He is trying to bring in players with a winning history and not Bulls castoffs.I have all the confidence in D Walsh and I think he is gonna get it done tomo

Even if we don't land LeBron it doesn't make what Walsh did any less worthy of praise. He did what needed to be done. It doesn't make it any less of the right thing if it does not work our perfectly.

dave2138

Rotation player
If they get Lebron he has to go down as the best GM in the game.

Basically swapped Randolph, Crawford, Jeffries, Hill, 2012 1st round pick for Lebron and Stoudemire...unbelievable.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Regardless if we land Lebron or not and as demorilizing as it would be not to get him, I gotta give it to Donnie for at least putting us in position to go after him

Imagine if all this FA hype was going on while we were still being run by Isiah and was still married to the contracts of Zach Randolph,Jefferies this wouldve been a thourghly depressing time to be a Knicks fan. A long shot is way better then no shot at all!

080324-donnie-walsh-hmed-2p.hmedium.jpg

Win or Loss Donnie, you did good!:gony:

petescud

Starter
Well lets pray we get LBJ because if we don't and Say Miami gets him....Were talking multiple years of not going anywhere...

In thew same breathe though, Donnie is the best GM we had in ages

Imagine Donnie Walsh as President negoiating with other countries he would just tell them our plans and boom they couldn't do sh*t just like the punk a$$ bulls and nets hahaha so much for winning a chip in 5yrs

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Good lookin' Donnie!

Once we become competitive again... I hope all those haters and doubters remember who we true fans were repping... because Lord knows I'll never let'em forget it!

*my wrath is on deck.

shut da fvck up dick hugger

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If Isiah was still here not only would we currently be in salary cap hell with the contracts of Jeffries, Randolph, and Crawford; but also we'd be thinking about signing Carlos Boozer to a max contract and S&T Gallo and Chandler and Lee for Monta Ellis and giving a full MLE level contract to Shaq

LOL

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
Donnie has done more than most expected with a difficult situation. If LBJ does not come here it's because he just dosen't want to come, simple as that.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
I'm not appreciating that old coot till I see results.. Stoudemire is not results in my book, not for 100 million at least... Donnie's been gettin anally raped by NBA for most of the time he's been here... You guys still living under the Euphoria of no Isiah Thomas to realize it... Get Lebron and maybe i'll give him a whats up... The only Knick President I appreciate the great Dave Checketts, now that guy was great... Donnie ur no Dave Checketts lol

But I dont want to miss giving a special Fvck you very much to D'antoni

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
I'm not appreciating that old coot till I see results.. Stoudemire is not results in my book, not for 100 million at least... Donnie's been gettin anally raped by NBA for most of the time he's been here... You guys still living under the Euphoria of no Isiah Thomas to realize it... Get Lebron and maybe i'll give him a whats up... The only Knick President I appreciate the great Dave Checketts, now that guy was great... Donnie ur no Dave Checketts lol

But I dont want to miss giving a special Fvck you very much to D'antoni
Kiya is that you?

I'm confused as to how Donnie has been getting "anally raped" by the NBA during his tenure. I think a trip to the NBA finals from a small market Indiana team would qualify as a job well done wouldn't you say? How bout' his unpopular Reggie Miller pick that turned in to 6 straight playoff appearances, 3 trips to the conference finals, and a trip to the finals? Smh. You're talking out of your ass. 100 million WOULD be too much for Stat if he were to play in Miami, a state with no sales tax, but in NY, we have the highest income taxes besides California. That 100 million will be deducted at a more rapid rate quicker here than anywhere. Stat may not be a 100 million dollar player, but he was a piece we needed to have any shot at LeBron. Our consolation? We get a top 10 offensive talent to build around with some cap flexibility moving forward.

Your pessimistic attitude has no substance, and in actuality, just rains on the parade that Donnie basically set up for us. We have flexibility for the first time in ages, we have a VERY good shot at LeBron, and we acquired a top talent while doing so. What is to complain about? Still reminiscing about the 1990's teams like Kiyaman? Amar'e was wrong. The Knicks are not back. They've been REBORN!