Houston.... protected.... or unprotected? (Article)

keyindabox

Benchwarmer
http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/columns-0/1086497493226680.xml

Six of the Knicks' eight keepers are undoubtedly Stephon Marbury, Kurt Thomas, Tim Thomas, Nazr Mohammed, Michael Sweetney and Frank Williams. The last two will probably be Houston and either Penny Hardaway or Dikembe Mutombo.

But does Isiah Thomas roll the dice and keep Othella Harrington, who might have trade value? (Stop that laughing.) Exposing Houston is risky business. Not only would the Knicks president be insulting a two-time All-Star, he would also give Charlotte a chance to redirect Houston to a contending team.

The Bobcats, obviously, cannot fit Houston under their $29 million cap, because he'll make $18 million next year. But they could ship him off to a team that could really use him -- such as Denver, which has the cap space to accommodate his salary and the flexibility to repay Charlotte with draft picks.

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
Deke never really fit in and Houston has a huge contract. I think they will leave those two unprotected, but the Bobcats won't take either one. If the 'Cats do get a star player, it will probably be the Wizards' Stackhouse.

The Knicks need to try to rid themselves of Houston, he still has trade value, but he is on the down fall of his career and will only get worse. Might as well trade him while yall still can.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Leave him unprotected! The only possiblilities are Houston and Thomas for C-Webb. I'd rather see knicks give Demarr the job. Not that he's better than Houston but Allan's knees are shot. He'll never be the same. If he could play at least a role off-the-bench in the playoffs, I wouldn't count on him for the future. He must go!

WiL8000

Rotation player
Especially if Houston doesn't get surgery, I don't see him lasting too long next season in terms of health. Who knows? Even if the Knicks hold on to Houston, they should make arrangements to have a good backup, who can fill the void of offense, and possibly better defense as well. Shandon Anderson is not appropriate for that roll as all the doubters found out.

NYK89

Rookie
houston will never be back to normal. Unprotect. We dont need him. Too much money. Sign Quentin over the offseason. Houston got me ticked off when he sat on the bench throughout the playoffs. It pissed me off. Shandon better not come back either. In game 4 all he did was sit on the 3 point line and shoot threes.

03-04 NYK 80 games 37 starts and .281 from the three point line and 7.9 pts a game. UM SCREW HIM LET THE BOBCATS HAVE EM.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Healthy knees are imperative to basketball players no matter how good you were. Don't believe me just ask Patrick Ewing, Chris Webber and Penny Hardaway.

kevin

Benchwarmer
JJtheKnick said:
housten should be protected becuse wat happens if he is healthy then we got one of the best shooting gaurd

Exactly three months of rest cant hurt, I belive that Houston will be back to his normal self. With all of the rehad that he has been doing, I think he will be even better than last year when he actually played. I know I'm being optimistic but I believe he will be fine.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
:lol: That's so touching! But he played 37 games this past season and you expect him or find it likely for him to recover? I'm beginning to think he sat down so that he would less likely be expansion or trade bait over the summer. Look at Cassell. At least he gave it a go. :evil:

JJtheKnick

Starter
i dont really know what to see next season this is what i say get kobe(but thats not going to happen) so i say try to fix housten not get rid of him he will heal