Heat Offer Mike Miller Five-Year Deal

nyk_nyk

All Star
The Heat have offered Mike Miller a five-year deal, worth approximately $27 million-$30 million.
Miami has given Miller a deadline of Thursday night to decide.
Miller has been told by the Heat that they are 'confident' LeBron James will be joining the Heat.

they have enough money for bosh,wade,lebron and miller!? i know they dont....right?

That doesn't seem right and my math aint that bad. There is no room for that type of contract if they were all to sign.

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
Maybe Miller can play center. :smokin: Jermaine is gone, Bosh says all along he won't play center I thought.

Am I the only one who is getting a little tired of all this?

moneyg

Starter
doesnt work.. bosh wade and lebron would have to sign for less if they all signed.... the only way to sign mike miller is to get rid of beasley... but to give him a thurday night deadline.. is bananas.... i think it means that riley is trying to keep the knicks from getting mike miller... because we have enough to sign lebron and miller...

iSaYughh

Starter
PG
Wade
Lebron
Beasely
Bosh
6th Miller

Kind of an lolteam. Tough to wrap your mind around. Dont see how they get Miller though unless we've been misunderstanding the cap situation.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
This is more of a sign that LaBron is going to Miami than any of these so called "insiders". Miller is good friends with James and wanted to follow him; the Knicks were talking with him as well. He backed out of the LA deal at the last minute, in my opinion, because of James.

moneyg

Starter
dont think so.....this trade is just talk... so i guess we are saying that if mike signs then these other teams decline... what lebron is takin 10 mil a year... i dont think so.. to be totally honest.. id rather have beasley for one year than mike miller for five.....

SobeIT

Rookie
You guys forget that Wade and Bosh have all said they will take less than the maximum. If they all sign for around $14 million, Mike Miller and LeBron work just fine. Also there is no state income tax in Florida so that $14 million is a lot closer to a max contract that they would receive elsewhere.

moneyg

Starter
You guys forget that Wade and Bosh have all said they will take less than the maximum. If they all sign for around $14 million, Mike Miller and LeBron work just fine. Also there is no state income tax in Florida so that $14 million is a lot closer to a max contract that they would receive elsewhere.

if u listen... bosh is takin less money becuz "toronto is not willing to do a sign and trade" 6th year extra 30 mil.....bosh has no endorements and wont be takin less per year.. he probably telling wade and lebron.. "yall r the ones with the endoresment... u both should take less"

think about it:smokin:

mafra

Legend
Of Course, this would just be the final slap in the face.... The salt water in the wound after the plane crashed and the Great White took a chomp out of our torso.

We grow impatient and trade Jeffries, along with our 2009 & 2012 1st round pick, so we can have enough cap space for LJ and another max. We overpay for one max, and then LJ goes elsehwere....

As if that wasn't enough, LJ comes to our backyard to tell us he's going to join Pat the rat in MIA, and that HOU will deal JJ in a deal (helping MIA get rid of Beasley) giving MIA enough cap space to sign 3 max guys plus a sniper?

HUH?

If we fail to get LJ, the trade of Jeffries is worse than any in franchise history. Worse than Marbury-Curry deal.

Fittingly, we'll probably be 5-6 mil under cap anyway, and stuck with Turiaf who will make 4 mil next summer, maybe even preventing us from getting another max?

HOLY SHIITE!

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Money for Miller

Once a team is over the cap, the mid-level exception kicks in, I believe it is a little bit north of $5M. Perhaps the Heat are offering essentially the mid-level to Miller once they first sign LeBron, Wade and Bosh which would push them over the cap.

moneyg

Starter
Once a team is over the cap, the mid-level exception kicks in, I believe it is a little bit north of $5M. Perhaps the Heat are offering essentially the mid-level to Miller once they first sign LeBron, Wade and Bosh which would push them over the cap.

get ur facts straight.. the mid level exception kicks in on july 8th for theams that are over the cap.. if july 8th comes around and you r under.. u only get vet mins once you go over...

go do ur research....:smokin: