Basketball's New League Rival

BrianMan

Benchwarmer
LeBron made a choice, and I wish him the best. He's, without a doubt, an amazing basketball player and a decent man, and it is sad that he won't be able to even further himself and his game in New York.

But I hope he knows what he just did.

From a basketball fans standpoint, the Heat just dug themselves a grave. If anyone thinks that they will win a championship just because they have Wade and LeBron right now, you are dead wrong. The Heat is the team to beat for as long as those two are together there, and you can bet your ass that teams will be playing harder than they will for any other matchup when it comes to the Heat. After all, these are great players, but pressure is pressure and no one plays 100% when it seems like the world is out to get you, and it looks like they've asked for more pressure than any sports player in the history of sports have.

agreed, big men around the league are going to lift more and play harder to line up for a chance to knock these guys down every time they get into the lane

its going to get viscious and sadly enough i think it improves the league

teams arent going to F around, im telling you right now

when the bulls play the heat expect blood

when the knicks play the heat expect shoving

when the lakers play the heat artest will be thrown out of games

when the celtics play the heat haha man

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Im rooting for the Celtics everytime they play the Heat.

And I hope Kobe destroys Lebitch every single year.

And I hope Durant is the one that turns into the next Jordan, not James.

And I hope he never wins a ring.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
LeBron James is NOT a decent man...

That being said, he's also not a smart man either.

But this just marks him. They'll have three great players.

Keep in mind, though.

- Bosh is going to get hurt eventually. He misses around 10 games a year - expect that 10 to turn into a larger number soon.

- Wade's injury history.

- Wade and LeBron - can they even coexist on a team?

- No center, no depth in the paint

- In the paint they would get MURDERED by Amar'e

- In the paint get MURDERED by Gasol

- In the paint...need I go on?

BrianMan

Benchwarmer
LeBron James is NOT a decent man...

That being said, he's also not a smart man either.

But this just marks him. They'll have three great players.

Keep in mind, though.

- Bosh is going to get hurt eventually. He misses around 10 games a year - expect that 10 to turn into a larger number soon.

- Wade's injury history.

- Wade and LeBron - can they even coexist on a team?

- No center, no depth in the paint

- In the paint they would get MURDERED by Amar'e

- In the paint get MURDERED by Gasol

- In the paint...need I go on?

I really don't think it's called for to say that he isn't a decent person, especially when you don't even provide a reason for saying so. He is a big community figure and an inspiration to people who want to better themselves. He helps charities, does what he can when he can. A person who can use his fame and fortune to help others who need it the most is a decent man to me.

In his own right he is a smart man, he is very talented and he is joining a team that is ready to take on the NBA, which is every teams goal: To beat every team and claim a championship title. Is he stupid for wanting that? Really?

Think about what you say next time, please.

Paul1355

All Star
LeBron made a choice, and I wish him the best. He's, without a doubt, an amazing basketball player and a decent man, and it is sad that he won't be able to even further himself and his game in New York.

But I hope he knows what he just did.

From a basketball fans standpoint, the Heat just dug themselves a grave. If anyone thinks that they will win a championship just because they have Wade and LeBron right now, you are dead wrong. The Heat is the team to beat for as long as those two are together there, and you can bet your ass that teams will be playing harder than they will for any other matchup when it comes to the Heat. After all, these are great players, but pressure is pressure and no one plays 100% when it seems like the world is out to get you, and it looks like they've asked for more pressure than any sports player in the history of sports have.
Heat just beat the Yankees in most hated teams in sports

I cannot believe I am saying this, but...

all things considered...

I will root for the Celtics to beat the Heat when those two teams play in the future.

Which is to say that the Heat are now the team I hate the most.

I hope Pat Riley fails miserably and spends the rest of his life explaining his failures in ongoing interviews.

Paul1355

All Star
I cannot believe I am saying this, but...

all things considered...

I will root for the Celtics to beat the Heat when those two teams play in the future.

Which is to say that the Heat are now the team I hate the most.

I hope Pat Riley fails miserably and spends the rest of his life explaining his failures in ongoing interviews.
agreed i rooted for the Celtics against James this year and I will do it again.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
To have a rivalry between two teams, it usually requires that both teams be pretty good or competative against each other. Rivalries no longer exist in the NBA unless you are the Lakers or Celtics, and now maybe Miami with one of them. The NBA is going to die sadly.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I really don't think it's called for to say that he isn't a decent person, especially when you don't even provide a reason for saying so. He is a big community figure and an inspiration to people who want to better themselves. He helps charities, does what he can when he can. A person who can use his fame and fortune to help others who need it the most is a decent man to me.

In his own right he is a smart man, he is very talented and he is joining a team that is ready to take on the NBA, which is every teams goal: To beat every team and claim a championship title. Is he stupid for wanting that? Really?

Think about what you say next time, please.

A decent person? Really? He just blew off the Cleveland Cavaliers - the team that drafted him, the team of his hometown, the city that watched him grow up - do you have any idea why Cleveland is ablaze right now?

LeBron might not be the worst person in the world - but millions of fans all across Ohio pleaded with him not to leave them and effectively neuter the Cavaliers into becoming the worst team in the NBA - and what does he do?

He announces on NATIONAL TV that he's going to leave them.

If that doesn't qualify as him being a dick, I have no idea what else would. He WAS a big community figure in Ohio. Now everyone there despise his ass. And he doesn't do "what he can when he can", he "pockets millions of dollars, is a classless jerk on the court, blames his failures on others, and decides that winning a title is more important than the love of his hometown fans who watched him and loved him while he grew up."

John Stockton never did this. John Elway never did this. They stayed with their home town teams. Even when Karl Malone left the Jazz for the Lakers, nobody cared - because he had given his hometown the best shot that he could, they had no chance anymore, so it was time for him to move on.

That's not the case with LeBron - that's why he'll be reviled by the entire nation, and deservedly so. The Miami Heat are now the most hated franchise in the NBA, and LeBron James is currently the most reviled athlete in the country.

And he can blame nobody but himself for it.

And you mention someone who uses his fortune to help those who need it the most - guess what city's economy pretty much is now in the DUMPS because of him? That's right, CLEVELAND.

The city of Cleveland has been in an economic funk for a long time. LeBron James was Ohio's star - they loved him, and he was a shining pillar of light in a city that otherwise doesn't have much going for it. Cleveland is a small city with a failing economy.

Except now, it's rock bottom. With the loss of LeBron James, the Cavaliers are now an irrelevant franchise. Do you have any idea how many livelihoods have been ruined because LeBron bailed on the Cavs? Restaurants around Quicken Loans Arena are going out of business because the Cavaliers won't EVER sellout a game for quite a while, ever again.

So someone who uses his fortune to help others out? Don't make me laugh.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Bingo.

A decent person? Really? He just blew off the Cleveland Cavaliers - the team that drafted him, the team of his hometown, the city that watched him grow up...

but millions of fans all across Ohio pleaded with him not to leave them and effectively neuter the Cavaliers into becoming the worst team in the NBA - and what does he do?

He announces on NATIONAL TV that he's going to leave them.
I agree. I agreed with NBA.com when they said that there was no way the King was going to take up an hour on ESPN to kick Cleveland in the balls.

He did.
John Stockton never did this. John Elway never did this. They stayed with their home town teams. Even when Karl Malone left the Jazz for the Lakers, nobody cared - because he had given his hometown the best shot that he could, they had no chance anymore, so it was time for him to move on... That's not the case with LeBron - that's why he'll be reviled by the entire nation, and deservedly so. The Miami Heat are now the most hated franchise in the NBA, and LeBron James is currently the most reviled athlete in the country.
Worse than even Brett Farve when he un-retired (again) to join his rivals the NFL Vikings?
And you mention someone who uses his fortune to help those who need it the most - guess what city's economy pretty much is now in the DUMPS because of him?... LeBron James was Ohio's star - they loved him, and he was a shining pillar of light in a city that otherwise doesn't have much going for it. Cleveland is a small city with a failing economy... [now] with the loss of LeBron James, the Cavaliers are now an irrelevant franchise... Cavaliers won't EVER sellout a game for quite a while, ever again.
C'mon, don't they still have Shaq and Jamison?
OK, that was just mean. Seriously though, the King really should have stayed home. At least that way they could have lured 'Melo the year later and put the King on the 4-spot.

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
What?

agreed i rooted for the Celtics against James this year and I will do it again.

Fyck that **** you and **** Boston **** lebron Jordan and Charles smith **** easy trillion especially metrocard or who ever wants to give me a rep point take it away go suck a dick. Everybody need to just chill man up we ain't lose shit he was nva ours and it will be great when we beaT their asses in the playolffs I hope we are fortunate enoungh.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I wonder who's more hated - LeBron or Favre.

Favre I can understand because the Packers basically didn't want him back - so he wanted to stick it to them.

LeBron had no reason to stick it to the Cavaliers...he did anyway. And Favre wasn't NEARLY the hero to Green Bay that LeBron was to the Cavs.

Look at the Packers - they're still owning right now.

The Cavs will be lucky to get 30 wins next year.