David Lee has now agreed to a deal with the Warriors via a sign-and-trade

masterreborn

Benchwarmer
chadfordinsider
David Lee has now agreed to a 6 year, $80 mil deal with the Warriors via a sign-and-trade with the Knicks.

New York Knicks forward David Lee got some good news, once LeBron James announced his intention to join the Miami Heat.
Lee's agent, Mark Bartelstein, told ESPN.com that Lee had agreed to a sign-and-trade worth $80 million dollars over six years with the Golden State Warriors.
<!-- begin inline 1 --><!-- INLINE HEADSHOT (BEGIN) -->
<!-- INLINE HEADSHOT (END) --> <!-- end inline 1 -->The deal will send Lee to the Warriors for Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike among others.
Knicks GM Donnie Walsh has coveted Randolph for years and feels he'd give them another long, athletic forward to pair with Amare Stoudemire and Danilo Gallinari in the front court.
A number of other teams including the Raptors, Suns, Timberwolves and Nets had made pitches to Lee in the past several days.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5364903

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'm gonna miss that kid... He's gonna do exceedingly well. I can only hope he doesn't do better than Stat though.

Get those details up for us.

yanks26ngoin

Benchwarmer
Great, the one piece we have to build around is now gone. Cool! I wonder if the Steinbrenners have any interest in providing 2 championships to New York a year

masterreborn

Benchwarmer
New York Knicks forward David Lee got some good news, once LeBron James announced his intention to join the Miami Heat.
Lee's agent, Mark Bartelstein, told ESPN.com that Lee had agreed to a sign-and-trade worth $80 million dollars over six years with the Golden State Warriors.
<!-- INLINE HEADSHOT (END) --> <!-- end inline 1 -->The deal will send Lee to the Warriors for Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike among others.
Knicks GM Donnie Walsh has coveted Randolph for years and feels he'd give them another long, athletic forward to pair with Amare Stoudemire and Danilo Gallinari in the front court.
A number of other teams including the Raptors, Suns, Timberwolves and Nets had made pitches to Lee in the past several days.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=5364903

jimkcchief88

All Star
Donnie Walsh screwed up big. We could have signed D. Lee for less money than STAT and made a run at another big name. Now we are in trouble. This goes back to all those wasted draft picks..... We had had no core and now we are paying for it. The defeat is complete....

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
**** Monta Ellis. Monta Ellis is an Isiah type move.

We don't need to be making any of those anytime soon.

What we need to do is focus on stockpiling draft picks and making trades for players with small but manageable contracts.

This makes our draft picks for the year look terrible - Andy Rautins and Landry Fields...wow, that's terrible.

But if we can somehow secure Darren Collison from the Hornets, we have a good shot. Imagine a lineup like this:

PG - Collison
SG - Bill Walker
SF - Gallo
PF - Anthony Randolph
C - Amar'e Stoudemire

That's not half bad - that lineup would be good for 40 wins in my pipe dreams.

Paul1355

All Star
chadfordinsider
David Lee has now agreed to a 6 year, $80 mil deal with the Warriors via a sign-and-trade with the Knicks.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5364903
This was a good move, we are not locked with Monta Ellis' contract and we have upgraded our front court tremendously and have defense now

New New York

Quiet Storm
I think if the past 24 hours has shown us anything it would be that nothing is done til it's done!

I'll comment when it's official!

tiger0330

Legend
Nice deal for David, even though he is no longer a Knick I will still follow his career as a Warrior. He is one guy that I think will not lay down after signing a big contract and I expect he will have an outstanding career.

You guys are going to be disappointed in Randolph, he's got a lot to learn particularly his decision making with the ball. Turiaf will start over him at PF if he plays like he played at Golden State.

iSaYughh

Starter
Basically:

Stat @ 5/100M + Randolph + expirings vs Lee @ 6/80M

No?

Tough.

Lee can very well outperform Stat, potentially bigtime as years go on, and is much more durable and at a bargain price.

mafra

Legend
GREAT TRADE.

Randolph could be better than Bosh in 2 years. Tons of upside. Boom-Bust type player though.

Not loving Turiaf's 2011 4-mil contract, but let's face it.... We need him.

NOw that MIA has LJ-WADE, we have to approach them like the 90s CHI team... which means we need to dominate the paint and let them rule the wings.

STAT, Randolph, Turiaf, Curry, Jordan.... WOW, that will EAT MIA's frontcourt alive.

Toss in Azubuike and now we have something, b/c it should be a lock that he or Walker tunr out to be a legit scoring SG. If we hit a homer, both can play and now we have a starting SG and a 6th man scoring machine.

Randolph-Stat-Gallo-Douglas is our hope for a future. If these 4 show promise this year, make a playoff run... We can convince Deron Williams or Melo to come play here in NY.

Douglas becomes a Rondo type player. Randolph a Bosh, and Gallo a DIRK?

WHo knows. BUt we have young asset with potential.

2010 NYK will have hope and be better than 2009 squad.

Toss in Ridnour and Miller or something and we should give MIA a go at it in the 2nd round baby!

mafra

Legend
Basically:

Stat @ 5/100M + Randolph + expirings vs Lee @ 6/80M

No?

Tough.

Lee will likely outperform Stat, potentially bigtime as years go on, and is much more durable and at a bargain price.

Come on now. Lee is not STAT. Lee disappears in the 4th quarter and is not a locker room leader. MAN, the dudue dates Snookie, right?

Stat is the type of player WHO MIGHT attract another star next year. Randolph might be better than BOSH in 2 years.

I like LEE, but give me 2 for 1 anyday.