We're Getting Defensive! Where do we go from here?

Red

TYPE-A
Now with Randolph and Turiaf were added for Lee, is this Donnie bigging up the defense? + Amar'e?

Better than we had, at least defensively and size.

It's going to be a hard road going thru the east.

And... I believe THIS may spell the end for D'Antoni.

What do you think? Where do we go?

A few recent remarks regarding the news...lol

F*ck you LeBiatch!!
I just hope we can get Parker and Melo ASAP to shut those mother****ers down, especially pat the rat.

Not sure we can pin our hopes on signing more FA's... dudes are scared. Trade for draft picks?

MOst hated player in the NBA right now

This is what LBJ achieved. At least in NY.

Good. I'm glad. It will be better beating him. Miami is still a very beatable team.

The problem is...

so are we! at this stage. And MIA is closer to being good than us right now.
Will we build a team designed to beat them?

There's still mad work to do Donnie.

iSaYughh

Starter
Definitely. We can't count on Melo, especially not now.

I just want us to lock up Parker astat and not get raped.

Don't be desperate like so many expect us too. (ie plz god don't get in a bidding war for Miller)

Then go to war and as our expiring contracts come into play beef up further.

Sign Morrow. Sign Tyrus. We'll still have cheese left over too.

Parker-Douglas
Walker-Morrow
Gallo-Azzy (cat we got from GSW)
Randolph-TyrusT
Stat-Jordan

Chandler and Curry for Parker? Add in a 1st if need be?

We'd still have expiring contracts and cap maneuverability.

You go to war with that team? Could be super-jacked. Deep, deadly, young, versatile.

Paul1355

All Star
Now with Randolph and Turiaf were added for Lee, is this Donnie bigging up the defense? + Amar'e?

A few recent remarks regarding the news...lol

Not sure we can pin our hopes on signing more FA's... dudes are scared. Trade for draft picks?

The problem is...

We are MUCH better defensively

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
Definitely. We can't count on Melo, especially not now.

I just want us to lock up Parker astat and not get raped.

Don't be desperate like so many expect us too. (ie plz god don't get in a bidding war for Miller)

Then go to war and as our expiring contracts come into play beef up further.

Sign Morrow. Sign Tyrus. We'll still have cheese left over too.

Parker-Douglas
Walker-Morrow
Gallo-Azzy (cat we got from GSW)
Randolph-TyrusT
Stat-Jordan

Chandler and Curry for Parker? Add in a 1st if need be?

We'd still have expiring contracts and cap maneuverability.

You go to war with that team? Could be super-jacked. Deep, deadly, young, versatile.

i love it... we can get past miami with this team.. it wouldn't be easy though...

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer

The problem is...

not the end of d'antoni at all... we got men that can run the floor and play defense...i think it's what's necessary for d'antoni to be able to play his system with success. is this 100% already?

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
I like that we are getting defensive. Defense wins titles as we saw this year. I mean we have ballers who can score in chunks, but we now we have the defensive backbone to stop teams. I like this, and we get younger and bigger. Win win for me.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^
Yeah we are! And it's a beautiful thing! Add to that our flexibility and we're in for a brand new season with a brand new outlook.

bfab99

Benchwarmer
Yup. Randolph and Turiaf will block shots and rebounds. Jordan the 7ft will do the same. Toney Douglas was ACC defensive player of the year. Wilson Chandler and Gallinari blocks shot as well. LeCoward and Wade better respect our defense this season!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
You know, there's something I overlooked.

LeBron isn't really a great defender.
Bosh isn't really a great defender.

Do you guys know what this means?

STAT is going to ABSOLUTELY BEAST on Miami.

There is NOBODY on the Heat that can stop STAT. Bosh can't (Bosh is soft, guys). Wade and LeBron can't. STAT is going to OWN their asses and drop 40 points on them.

Man I'm excited to see that.

smokes

Huge Member
I like the optimism but really I don't know where a lot of it is coming from based on what we actually have in place already.

Amare is not a good defender.

Randolph is not very good either and is ridiculously small for a big man.

Tyrus sure, but we don't have him.

I mean you all talking about defense wins championships blabla... Can you really see Amare and Randolph locking down Bynum/Gasol/Bosh/KG/Perkins/Dwight?

I can't.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
LeCoward and Wade better respect our defense this season!

I'll believe it when I see it. Randolph looked like he wanted to stay in Portland... leave the Knicks far behind (or maybe just Isiah). Speaking of which, D'Antoni's crew is still there next year right?

Defense? I'll believe it when I see it.

wnyknicksfan

Benchwarmer
The knicks post play has increased dramaticly bosh no defense niether does amare but turiaf Randolph curry Jordan we need to take barron to make sure he doesn't go heat also our small forwards and shooting guards are solid with azzubuke gallo chandler fields walker rautins Douglas sign farmar cheap we got a team it can be competetive chemistry is everything not all star overrated players

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
I like the optimism but really I don't know where a lot of it is coming from based on what we actually have in place already.

Amare is not a good defender.

Randolph is not very good either and is ridiculously small for a big man.

Tyrus sure, but we don't have him.

I mean you all talking about defense wins championships blabla... Can you really see Amare and Randolph locking down Bynum/Gasol/Bosh/KG/Perkins/Dwight?

I can't.

I'm not saying were going to win it next year, but I think down the road were building a good foundation the way we should have years ago. Amare is a shot blocker and a good defender. I look at the sign and trade and I think your wrong about this young kid Anthony. He is good and will continue to improve. Are we going to blow people away... probably not. Will we make the playoffs very real chance of that and that is a start.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
UMMM For the Knicks to get defensive they need a defensive coach. At least a coach who understands that defense wins games. The knicks don't have that and won't have that until they Fire D'antoni.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
UMMM For the Knicks to get defensive they need a defensive coach. At least a coach who understands that defense wins games. The knicks don't have that and won't have that until they Fire D'antoni.

Well I think that is true to a degree. The players we got in the sign in trade are for sure defensive in nature and now under Mike there offensive side will grow(hoping). I don't think that all of a sudden those players won't play hard on the defensive end of the court I just think that our setup is going to be run and gun and now we have two big men in Amare and Randolph who have good wheels are setup to run in this system.

I like the European style of run and gun and I think personally it adds to getting people into the game more. Yes, defense is a concern, but we don't have a true center and I mean we could make the playoffs playing like this so I say why not. Look at the Suns, they for sure don't have the kind of defensive players we have and still made a tremendous impact last year. We have so many more pieces, but do lack a second all star. Still I think we can make the playoffs and that is huge. If we can't then I have to question why not with so many teams getting shafted in this F.A.

Red

TYPE-A
With the addition of Felton, we've officially upgraded our D.

Felt plays D & is > Duhon
Chandler plays D
Gallo is scrappy tho limited
Randolph plays D, Reb's, long/athletic
Amar'e can alter shots & > Lee on D
plus we've got..
TD Acc DPOY
Rautins played in Syracuse zone system
Fields led his team
Turiaf plays D
James Jordan and (possibly) Barron are 7' footers
Walker is athletic & was highly touted
and althogh coming off injuries the other two from GS help round out the roster (6 players in 2 days).
This is an obvious upgrade defensively over last yr. If Curry is in shape that's another 6'11 big body.

Sure our players aren't the greatest individual defenders. But D is a TEAM concept. When considering STAT's fearless attitude, leadership ability and removal of the old temp. guard...

with this infusion of athleticism and size we have upgraded the minimum amount that we set out to. We asked "please at least get a PG & C" and that's at least what we got. We need players that play with pride and are fearless and we got that.

We noticed that if we could play a shred of D w/ our scoring ability- we would be a problem for some teams (there were many close games against quality opponents that could of went either way last yr)... and that's what Walsh has done so far.

Of course we can't count on D'ant to coach up the D. But in reality it's Donnie that deserves focusing on for bringing in better, more capable two way players with pride.

That we do know is Donnies philosophy. With this new infusion of talent and the underdog counted out role (we thrive in) we've inherited, I have no doubts we will see a defensive presence that's been absent for years. Watch. It's us against the world... Beat the Heat.

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
Taking into consideration all the recent events/moves (being counted out)...

can we expect better defensive intensity this next season?

can we expect the playoffs?

iSaYughh

Starter

Yes to both. D'antoni has flaws, but being a rote defenseless retard really isn't one of them. We played some of our best consistent D in ages last yr under him -- and that was with the old squad. Several Suns put up their career defensive numbers under him. (and we saw Gallo's beginning evolution into a D-minded player in a season).

We have a court leader in Amare who at the very least will put a physicality and pride on the court that will inspire others.

Not his forte, and he's been hyped up for SSOL which exacerbates the perception that D'ant is 100% O, 0% D, which is way overblown. And we'll see that this year.

Apparently, Walsh is done spending money so barring a trade for Carmelo or Parker this is basically our 2011 Knicks!

It would be an epic fail on D'ant if we don't make playoffs.

That would validate --every-- slur against him and vilifying that last years squad could made the playoffs or done much much better with a diff coach.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back

we had a stretch last season where we held opposing teams to less then 100 points in 15 straight i think or something like that during our only good month( december ). its not out of the question that we could provide defensive pressure providing we have players who can play some D

and yes im expecting no less then 47 wins this upcoming season were the sleeper team right now.

** off topic im loving that amar'e quote in your sig(no homo) loll. i agree with it and i think he is perfect for NY he's gonna be Ewing-lite for the city amar'e is the man