NYK 10/11 - Your team! Salary sheet + Vidz + Inspirado + Youth + Defence

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
images

-Amar'e Stoudemire $16M+
-Eddy Cunty $11.27M Expiring
-Gallo $3.3M - Team option next year (handy incase of injury)
-Chandler $2.1M - Qualifying offer next year
-TD23 $1.07M - successive team options 11/12, 12/13
-Sky Walker $854,000+ - Team option next year. Lovely.
-Anthony Randolph $1.9M - Team option next year
-Ronny Turiaf $4M - Player option next year
-Kleanupdat NastyBoogie $3.3M Expiring
-Raymond Felton Reported $7M
-Andy Rautins - no cap cost
-Jerome Jordan - no cap cost
-Landry Fields - no cap cost

Thus far equating to: $37M approx

12 players meets the league minimum.

We're currently $7M approx under the cap which is music to my ears and feathers to my balls.

Assuming Turiaf opts out next year, we could have up to, you guessed it, $30M to spend in the off season, with a young, athletic, defensively upgraded core of:

High flyers
Snipers
Pick pockets
Intimidators
Shot changers
AND
The league's most prolific inside scorer.

There are additional factors to consider with the Lee S&T and the Phoenix trade exception, but I'm not too clear on what they are. Feel free to inform me.

Last edited:

Bunta

Benchwarmer
yeah when you break it down like this we are in pretty good shape, we can be somewhat compeditive this year and have a chance to be very very good next year by adding the likes of Carmello and Parker, Who are the good players available next year besides those two?

Alej_Correa

Benchwarmer
yeah when you break it down like this we are in pretty good shape, we can be somewhat compeditive this year and have a chance to be very very good next year by adding the likes of Carmello and Parker, Who are the good players available next year besides those two?

look here to see what players are available in 2011 http://www.realgm.com/src_freeagents/2011/

im exited about the knicks future! it does looks promising with our core and our cap space that will allow us to get great players...the only problem is that is it one more year..but hey im a knick fan and ive been hanging in there through these horrible years..whats one more right?

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
I like what we have done. I have to say that I will be very happy to see if the Knicks can start shutting people down more.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
Do we finally have a 1st round draft pick next year? If so that would be ace. Plus we can get another star in free agency next year. I like it.

yeah seriously this isnt a failure. look at the landscape

ok the magic
celtics
heat bulls

great

I personally believe that with amare and an improved gallo we will be fighting with the hawks for the 5th seed in the east at this point

every player we got back for lee is a better defender than lee

not even that

azabookie is a serious talent and the SG we have needed in terms of size and outside shooting.

im psyched who else is in.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Carmelo i think agreed to an extension or close to it for 3 years 65 mill. i think i saw it on ESPN

but i am optimistic about our outlook we got our superstar in Amar'e and a young gallo. if we can get Parker then i think we'll be alright and could compete with Miami

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

ok the magic
celtics
heat bulls

great

I personally believe that with amare and an improved gallo we will be fighting with the hawks for the 5th seed in the east at this point

not even that

azabookie is a serious talent and the SG we have needed in terms of size and outside shooting.

I am way in!

45-37:lol:

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer

ok the magic
celtics
heat bulls

great

not even that

Count me in too. I can see us in the playoffs and maybe even winning a series if we are paired with the proper team. If not oh well making the playoffs is a massive improvement.

jzero29

Rotation player
Disapointed in lebron, but could have us running right direction

Some people don't want to play in NY and you just can't make them. F'em. Now I don't know if it's true, but I heard Carmelo anthony wants to play here. Also heard same about tony parker. It'd be great if we could make that happen. Those 3 I think would mesh better then the Heat.Stoudamire and lebron would have been great. But parker and stoudamire, throw in carmelo, I think we could compete. Parker is used to playing with shooter and a big with the spurs. i think he'd fit perfect with stoudemire and carmelo. Amare would have little adjustment to parker thanks to playing with nash. the only real adjustment would be carmelo playing with amare...who is much better then anyone he's previously played with. I'd love for it to happen and would be willing to wait. Heck, I almost think, they'd be better off losing big getting a high 1st round pick and running with it. Like when robinson was hurt and the spurs got duncan. Not that I want an injury, but a good draft pick could make a huge difference.
What I don't want, is for Dolan to for walsh into overpaying okay players to appease us. They can be great, given the chance, it is one year away, to put a team that would oppose the Heat, boston and lakers. Let these young guns develope and see what happens.
Chandler, Galo, Amare, douglas, the new guys.
if somehow we can trade for a PG, like felton or parker and still have cap room for carmelo next year...it'd be cool

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Considering the GS trade, I don't think that a high pick is overly necessary/needed. Randolph is the big catch (in terms of potential) and is only 20. Add Walker and Azabuki and that's as good as we'd likely get in the draft + PT experience. A high pick to add to the 5 would be nice. See how Jordan works out though.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
!What an excellent post. I am really looking forward to the new season, probably even more in a weird way now LeBron isn't here but a shed load of talented youth is. We need to add a veteran PG who can really control this team and add leadership.

Melo and that PG and we are in serious contention. What would be better than a local hero leading us back to the promised land? The shoes are there Melo, can you fill them?

I too agree that Parker, Melo, Stat is a much more balanced and effective 3.

Toons

is the Bo$$
excellent post 8's i was gonna do the same thing

And Randolph is only 20....he's gonna be 21 this month

Last edited: