We can beat Miami, We're a GOOD TEAM

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
No, actually you need to do yours. Only proven nba player on the Knicks is Stat. Bosch, Wade and Lebron are already proven players. Miami's biggest question mark is chemistry, but then again so is the Knicks. More than half the team next year is new guys.
It continues to amaze me how people can seriously misspell NBA players names that they TRY and argue about. It's BOSH. Damn.

Hometheatre guy should join the party as well and talk more about "LaBron"

iSaYughh

Starter
Hows about we beat the Sixers first ;).

Chill. It's a game. Wanna burn the garden down and start afresh? Haha...

The fact that we CAN beat MIA, and we CAN -- and DID -- lose to the lowly Sixers...just speaks to our situation.

We don't have championship, winning, killer-closing-out-games-class because we HAVENT DONE IT YET! That type of pedigree needs to be groomed, and hopefully we can start doing it this season.

We already have shown signs of such progression in how we didn't fold up against BOS, took care of CHI, dominated the WIZ, etc.

We've been asking a few nice pieces and players to just play like rocks and experienced beasts. That they have been able to do so shows their worth, but aside from STAT they can't be looked upon to do it consistently and without more support.

Fields, Walker...and others...time to start loosening their leashes to be the Douglas-like players...TO the actual Douglas like players.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
We can definitely beat Miami.

I think we could beat them once. Bron and Wade have big games in the Garden so I think we can expect them to do what they did to Orlando to us possibly. Were a much improved side, but lack the upper echelon talent that the Heat have. We might lock down Bosh, but there is no way were going to match up well against Bron and or Wade.

Even though I think we will make the playoffs and to me that is the biggest step in the right direction I can think of in a long time. If we make it out of the first round then expectations have just been exceeded. I just don't think we should get carried away after a couple of wins to teams we should have beat and one unexpected win. I like the team and what were doing, but we still have a lot of work to do to make a serious playoff run and beat the the Heat consistently.

Stoudimire is honestly a top 3 big man in the NBA, at worst. Potential to play as the best in the league. Most dynamic scorer at his position and clearly an unstoppable force and an awesome first option to have on offense. His scoring from inside range will make our offense much more efficient. Plus the fact Amare can give you 9-10 rebounds 1-2 blocks a game and hit the mid range J just makes everything sweet.

Randolph is only 20...he's an athletic point forward who can handle the ball, rebound, and block shots. I see him average 14 ppg 9 rebs and 1.8 blk with 2.9 assist

Gallinari, you guys know the deal. I expect him to put up Rashard Lewis type numbers for us plus more...he's a huge threat...and a perfect compliment to Amare.

Turiaf can pass, block shots, defense, rebound and bring energy...a player who plays to win and will bring alot of good energy to the locker room. Glad to have this tough happy son of a bitch on our team.

Azubuike...explosive athlete with long arms, solid defense with 3pt range...excels in the open court...ala the full court fast break D'Antoni offense. Perfect player off the bench.

Walker...one of the best leapers in the NBA, smooth player with a skilled game and a bag of tricks. 3pt range. Potential to be a good defender. Dedicated worker, lost 20 pounds this summer...expect more quickness and agility from an already established slasher. Plays above the rim like no one else. 15 ppg potential...JR Smith type numbers.

Douglas...another guy who can defend and hit the 3...awesome combo guard who can score off the bench or as a starter.

Chandler...Rudy Gay's depressed cousin. He can produce numbers even when playing lathargic. Great post defender, can rebound and slash. Just needs to stay way from the 3pt line and try to play like Marion.

I'm loving this team right now. I really am happy. We have a nice young squad.

I don't want LeBron here...I want us to win a championship without selling our franchise to a scumbag.

Lets rejoyce and be happy we're building a good team.

Thank you Donnie, thank you.

+1 you was right about everything so far except Ransoft but I'll still give a year to develop

KingCharles34

All Star
lol @ everybody calling Randolph Ransoft, that used to be Z-Bo's name :lol:

Its true though, so far hes been terrrble ernie, but im not giving up on him yet

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Boy have things changed since this thread went up. We looked like garbage to begin with, then Gallo came back from the dead for a little while, and then Felton Picked up his play and all of a sudden we are the hottest team in East!

Im just a little concerned that we have not had our metal tested yet. Its not our guy's fault that we haven;t been shown any real competition, Amare and Felton are destroying opposing 1's ad 4's.

As for the Heat Matchup, look for Amar'e to destroy Bosh and let the whole league know he is the best PF in the East and possibly the whole league right now.

Conversely, I won;t be surprised if Gallo gets an early seat if he ends up guarding Lebron or Bosh, as he has proven to me that he is the worst defender in the Knicks Starting lineup. Fields is also going to have one hell of a time guarding Wade, though I have some confidence he can do enough defensively to stay on the court. Not having Azzy here hurts as we could use the defense on the wings.

Felton Will destroy Arroyo as have virtually all other Pgs this season. All in all it will breakdown to whether the Knicks ca limit their turnovers as the Heat are most dangerous on the break. If the Knicks can take care of the ball they should easily exploit Big Z and Arroyo and take Bosh right out of the game of he has to guard STAT.

This is going to be real close. I can;t remember where this game will be. But I don't think it will matter much. The Heat and The Knicks are both good road teams and mediocre home teams.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Boy have things changed since this thread went up. We looked like garbage to begin with, then Gallo came back from the dead for a little while, and then Felton Picked up his play and all of a sudden we are the hottest team in East!

Im just a little concerned that we have not had our metal tested yet. Its not our guy's fault that we haven;t been shown any real competition, Amare and Felton are destroying opposing 1's ad 4's.

As for the Heat Matchup, look for Amar'e to destroy Bosh and let the whole league know he is the best PF in the East and possibly the whole league right now.

Conversely, I won;t be surprised if Gallo gets an early seat if he ends up guarding Lebron or Bosh, as he has proven to me that he is the worst defender in the Knicks Starting lineup. Fields is also going to have one hell of a time guarding Wade, though I have some confidence he can do enough defensively to stay on the court. Not having Azzy here hurts as we could use the defense on the wings.

Felton Will destroy Arroyo as have virtually all other Pgs this season. All in all it will breakdown to whether the Knicks ca limit their turnovers as the Heat are most dangerous on the break. If the Knicks can take care of the ball they should easily exploit Big Z and Arroyo and take Bosh right out of the game of he has to guard STAT.

This is going to be real close. I can;t remember where this game will be. But I don't think it will matter much. The Heat and The Knicks are both good road teams and mediocre home teams.

5 star post. this game will be great were the home team for this game, thats the stretch where we face a bunch of elite teams but 7 of the 9 are at home so we should fair pretty well. STAT shows more and more everyday that he's the top PF in the league; and showing why. i heard on NBA TV they were saying that he is a top 5 player. Felton on the other hand is a top 10 and proving to be an allstar player. finally he was unleashed after having to hold back for the previous 5 years or so, now he has the full support to run a team and doing so emphatically. as for the others they are following the elite and allstar lead and came into their roles very well.

Bring the heat, c's, or whoever else the league have to offer, cause the knicks are back

iSaYughh

Starter
MIA is playing well, and improving; and they are in the midst of a hype cycle right now where a continued rampage will have them looking like champs and receiving a The Team To Really Beat reputation.

If we put them down, it will be *HUGE*. A huge test in itself and litmus of just how good we are. And the psychology of it and mind games of a win would be as big as we will see this entire season.

I think Gallo will actually get quality time, if not just due to his size. Look to him to have one of his big slashing games where he tries to, and may, get to the charity strip 10+.

We will go big. Felton and Fields and Douglas all have quality D to do what they can in our backcourt. Chandler will be used as a tweener here, I think, shifting a lot through the 2, 3, and 4 for defense.

And Gallo/STAT, hopefully Turiaf, will try to abuse MIA's woeful size/frontcourt.

Hopefully we will impose a very physical game, and only starting "settling" for the trademark SSOL long range jumpers after we've imposed some will, and will have guys like Gallo or Williams even, getting really nice looks from downtown.