Rodman a Knick next season?

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
It is a very good possibility. This is from the Best Damn Sports Show tonight, a brief summary/recap.

John Salley was talking to his old friend Thomas and Rodman and Thomas have been hanging out together in NY. Report is that Rodman will be on the Knicks summer league, and if he impresses them there (which is expected), then he will be in a Knicks uniform next season. Thomas also said, he will do what he can to help an old friend.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I can't beleive that would happen, its crazy for any team to sign Rodman let alone the Knicks.

torres

Rookie

Well, this I will believe.

Let Rodman find his groove in the summer league with the Knicks.

If he can show anything, sign him to the mininum as a 3rd string PF.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
jsm0331 said:
It is a very good possibility. This is from the Best Damn Sports Show tonight, a brief summary/recap.

John Salley was talking to his old friend Thomas and Rodman and Thomas have been hanging out together in NY. Report is that Rodman will be on the Knicks summer league, and if he impresses them there (which is expected), then he will be in a Knicks uniform next season. Thomas also said, he will do what he can to help an old friend.

For Rodman to come to the Knicks would be like Michael Jordan coming to the Knicks. I dont want any of them, there getting old and it would be a waste of space.

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
I think this would be good for the Knicks. Have him as a third string PF. He would be cheap and could do the dirty work. He is in terrific shape and could still rebound. Play him for about 10 minutes a game, roughen some guys up, get into their heads, play D, rebound like a mad man. Imagine Deke and Rodman in the game at the same time, the Knicks would get almost all the loose balls and rebounds.

Besides Kurt Thomas, the Knicks lack toughness, I think that is one thing Rodman could bring, no matter the age.

Only The Knicks

Benchwarmer
I agree with you jsm, I just think it won't happen. I think he could make a difference on our team, but I don't think he will be too impressive to Isiah so I don't think he'll get a spot. He certainly is intimidating though... :bat: :evil:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
this is great for the team......rodman is gonna be a great rebounder because he smart and mentally he is very strong so that really help on defense

WiL8000

Rotation player
All of you guys out there who think that Rodman can play half as good as he used to are crazy. No way can he grab half the rebounds he used to, not to mention his shot SuCkS!!!! They only category I see Rodman getting more of is fouls. :lol: