Chris Broussard Carmelo is dyin to come to NY espn radio ny

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
Man I would be so fkkn happy. I mean hes got his flaws. Some of you guys know better then me. Like I say I'm no expert but Melo in the orange and blue gives me goosebumps. Melo is a champ. Somebody please make this happen

p0nder

Starter
A dreamers dream. Home town kid comes to the knicks and instantly proves that bosh and lebron were stupid to pass on the honor of playing the the orange and blue...

I don't see it happening as denver has been very steadfast in their refusal to trade him and he's looking at leaving a big contract on the table if he doesn't resign before the CBA gets changed.

If he loves the game of basketball, he'd tell denver to shove it and he'll e here soon. If he loves the money, he'll stay in denver and fade into mediocrity as the lakers, thunder, kings and suns get better

iSaYughh

Starter
Would love Melo. But I'm now prepared to have the Knicks be built into a champion without superstars.

What position do you think Melo would play if he came though? And gallo?

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
If I undersatnd right. He might be missin out on a huge number of $$$ if he doesent sign. The problem I hear is know one knows how much the salary cap is gonna be and he doesent know how much he will be missin out on.

Am I close. LOL

Isn't there A chance he could still make big $$$ in NY or NO way case closed

I apologize I have no idea

KBlack25

Starter
Well a few things, and call it a pipe dream but b/c Chris Broussard is really really legit now, let me have my hopes and dreams...

Carmelo demands out, and a trade to NY. Yes, he is a bad guy, but he's OUR bad guy.

CP3 - we hope - is a competitor. Because he is a competitor, he wants to go AGAINST and BEAT his BFF LeBron, and also wants to go to NY b/c Melo and Stat are there. We sign and trade McGrady AND Al AND give up our right to the Houston pick or our own pick (whichever we have) to get CP3 and take back a shitty contract a la Okafor.

1- CP3
2- Melo
3- Gallo
4- STAT
5- Randolph

You have CP3 slashing and scoring, STAT and Randolph causing headaches in the paint. Gallo as an outside threat so the defense can't collapse, and Melo able to score however whenever.

They could play half court sets. They could play run-n-gun D'Antoni style. Nobody could stop that team.

A pipe dream I know, but if that happens, we have a champ.

p0nder

Starter
^as long as you know we're dreaming, that would be amazing. Melo isn't like lebron and doesn't need to be a ball hog to win the game, he can catch and shoot with the best of 'em.

Paul would be our court general, setting up melo for the open shot or feeding it down to STAT for the power move in the paint.

We would be far superior to miami in every way.

KBlack25

Starter
^as long as you know we're dreaming, that would be amazing. Melo isn't like lebron and doesn't need to be a ball hog to win the game, he can catch and shoot with the best of 'em.

Paul would be our court general, setting up melo for the open shot or feeding it down to STAT for the power move in the paint.

We would be far superior to miami in every way.

I know it's a dream, but it's not an impossible one. If CP3 is a competitor and would like to go head-to-head with even his friends, and if Melo really wants to be in NY like now, it's not impossible.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
Man I'm slackin I got to study this team more. But I think It's logical you could have gallo on the floor with Anthony. I think theres differnt situations during the game that you play unconventional. I'm no GM, But you do what you can do. I just think Melo might seal his own fate because he wants to come back to the East Coast. But the numbers don't lie. And when your talkin big money like that, You almost can't refuse. And Denver probably wont trade him to us.

KBlack25

Starter
Man I'm slackin I got to study this team more. But I think It's logical you could have gallo on the floor with Anthony. I think theres differnt situations during the game that you play unconventional. I'm no GM, But you do what you can do. I just think Melo might seal his own fate because he wants to come back to the East Coast. But the numbers don't lie. And when your talkin big money like that, You almost can't refuse. And Denver probably wont trade him to us.

Denver might not trade him to us. But if he says "I'm not resigning here", in light of the way the Cavs just got ****ed by LBJ last night, Denver might be desperate to get SOMETHING they can sell to their fans as a future.

iSaYughh

Starter
That's an unstoppable team.

Latest word on street though is that he is coming closer n closer to inking extension.

I'm sure he'd "love" to come to NY, and wants Denver to deal...but Nugget execs have the trump card IMO.

Unless...Melo gets medieval...and essentially says that even if they go to stonewall a deal, and back him into signing an extension before season's up...he'll do it, but he just won't do dick for them as a player.

This would revamp Denver's hierarchy of needs. They want to sign him an not trade him. But they absolutely can't consider him just somehow walking as it's obvious he would. It's either/or. If Melo knows he also can't risk waiting and walking, and the Nuggets hold the trump of being able to NOT trade him and make signing or walking the 2 viable options...

Kinda underhanded, but then again they'd be using CBA stuff to hold over Melo's head in the first place in bending his will...

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Melo in NY would be a a sweet dream!
But first we need to get a good "general" (PG) to run the troops and then we can think about him.
Boy that would be awesome, the good old rivarly would be back!

GO KNICKS!

KBlack25

Starter
That's an unstoppable team.

Latest word on street though is that he is coming closer n closer to inking extension.

I'm sure he'd "love" to come to NY, and wants Denver to deal...but Nugget execs have the trump card IMO.

Unless...Melo gets medieval...and essentially says that even if they go to stonewall a deal, and back him into signing an extension before season's up...he'll do it, but he just won't do dick for them as a player.

This would revamp Denver's hierarchy of needs. They want to sign him an not trade him. But they absolutely can't consider him just somehow walking as it's obvious he would. It's either/or. If Melo knows he also can't risk waiting and walking, and the Nuggets hold the trump of being able to NOT trade him and make signing or walking the 2 viable options...

Kinda underhanded, but then again they'd be using CBA stuff to hold over Melo's head in the first place in bending his will...

Like I said, they have the Trump Card.

But if Melo and his agent walk into the GM's offices today and say "I'm not resigning here. You see the panic in Cleveland after LeBron left? Do you want that to be you..." I am betting Denver offices have a little change of heart.

moneyg

Starter
:update:it will absolutely cost us gallo.and possibly randolph and picks... without a doubt.. but i would still do it....

iSaYughh

Starter
Like I said, they have the Trump Card.

But if Melo and his agent walk into the GM's offices today and say "I'm not resigning here. You see the panic in Cleveland after LeBron left? Do you want that to be you..." I am betting Denver offices have a little change of heart.

True. And if he did do that -- especially after The LeBastard Saga -- he would be revered in NY in ways unimaginable.

Everything Lebron coulda been...amplified...and doused in some purity.

On that note, espn insider has a lotta reports conclusively saying that he was petrified of coming to NYK and didn't wnt to "risk" the spotlight..

Red

TYPE-A
Would love Melo. But I'm now prepared to have the Knicks be built into a champion without superstars

There are no champions without stars. (some argue the Pistons)In this game... there are only 5 guys allowed on the floor per team. Anyone who can put the best 1,2,3 or more dominate players will win.

Simple math.

But before we worry about next yr's FA class, our first priority is to build a winning culture- and it HAS to be done in 1 season.

that's our biggest obstacle. To win before we shop. Most of these b*tches only want to play for winners. We have to change the leagues perception to gain leverage in these deals.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
:update:it will absolutely cost us gallo.and possibly randolph and picks... without a doubt.. but i would still do it....

Where's that from?
Melo's the kind of a player I wouldn't mind giving up Gallo for, but Randolph too...pfff...not sure about that yet..

moneyg

Starter
Denver might not trade him to us. But if he says "I'm not resigning here", in light of the way the Cavs just got ****ed by LBJ last night, Denver might be desperate to get SOMETHING they can sell to their fans as a future.

true .... but they dont have to trade him to us.... im sure they will get a better package elsewhere.....

it only happen thru free agency.. trust me....:smokin: