breaking own lebron james

is it just me or is lebron basically giving up on himself by joining the heat? i mean when he announced his decision you can see on his face the look of a failure,i never seen someone look so pathetic in my life this guy made the right choice by going to miami because he would never live up to the hype that we knick fans set.if we get lebron we win a ring? pffff this guy is a certified choker i never see him come up big on a consistent basis but i must say i am ashamed at him for wasting the talent that most would kill for. 3-4 yrs from now and we are looking at a 3x double but this guy mentally wouldnt survive in new york the media would turn him to shreds maybe him not coming is a blessing in disguise?

skisloper

Starter
Lebron went to Miami because he wants to.

All this analysis of why is pointless.

He is an individual who decided this is what I want to do.

He signed a contract years ago to set this up.

He turned down NY, Left Cleveland so he can team up with Bosh, Wade and PAT RILEY.

One might say he said screw the media, screw everyone , I am doing what I want to do.

How can you knock a guy for that ?
( yes the TV crap was a mistake )

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Lebron went to Miami because he wants to.

All this analysis of why is pointless.

He is an individual who decided this is what I want to do.

He signed a contract years ago to set this up.

He turned down NY, Left Cleveland so he can team up with Bosh, Wade and PAT RILEY.

One might say he said screw the media, screw everyone , I am doing what I want to do.

How can you knock a guy for that ?
( yes the TV crap was a mistake )
Because when you're the self-proclaimed "King of the NBA" even though you haven't won shit, your expected to be the #1 option on your team, because you are the best player on your team.

He basically gave up his basketball stardom, his brand name, and his chance to be mentioned among the best just to win a championship (that will be rendered worthless now because he contributed 33% of the championship effort...)

What a joke. Hopefully that stupid "King" nickname wears off now. Him and his high school buddies can enjoy their party in MIA because it wont last long. The Bulls, Knicks, Bucks, and Hawks are all nipping at the feet of the Eastern Conference elite, and with the Heat tied down in long term deals for these jokers, don't be surprised to see a major fall off for the Heat, as they no longer have the flexibility to improve moving forward.

vpell

Benchwarmer
"We don't have the pressure of going out and scoring 30 every night or shooting a high percentage."

- Lebron James

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
He wants fun in the sun. He wants to live it up Have A nice image. He wants it to be easy in the playoffs. He wants Riley in his ear. He wants Wade by his side and the tag along C Bosh. I think in his mind he he has no doubt that they are gonna win some championships.

Thats why I'm sayin it's the ultimate satisfaction beating them sorry ass heat.

skisloper

Starter
Because when you're the self-proclaimed "King of the NBA" even though you haven't won shit, your expected to be the #1 option on your team, because you are the best player on your team.

He basically gave up his basketball stardom, his brand name, and his chance to be mentioned among the best just to win a championship (that will be rendered worthless now because he contributed 33% of the championship effort...)

What a joke. Hopefully that stupid "King" nickname wears off now. Him and his high school buddies can enjoy their party in MIA because it wont last long. The Bulls, Knicks, Bucks, and Hawks are all nipping at the feet of the Eastern Conference elite, and with the Heat tied down in long term deals for these jokers, don't be surprised to see a major fall off for the Heat, as they no longer have the flexibility to improve moving forward.

Thats the point...
He did what he wanted to do .
Now he has to deal with the consequences....Yes I am sure they will win a title...But he will never be the King. His choice.

One must wonder if her knew how much he would be dissed by this choice...

L

Sage

Rotation player
Any chance he had of being remembered as one of the all time greats is gone. He's an amazing individual talent, but he's never gonna be one of the great leaders or someone that makes his team mates better.

Long live Knave James.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Thats the point...
He did what he wanted to do .
Now he has to deal with the consequences....Yes I am sure they will win a title...But he will never be the King. His choice.

One must wonder if her knew how much he would be dissed by this choice...

L
But it wasn't a matter of choice...it was a matter of betraying his obligation that HE PUT UPON HIMSELF!

He called himself the King then when he is required to actually back up the nickname, he BOLTS, betraying his obligation to being the best player on the best team in the NBA.

I don't see how you can't criticize such a decision....

KBlack25

Starter
LeBron went there because he is 25 years old.

Look since 16 this guy has been expected to win CHAMPIONSHIPS. He was anointed the 2nd Coming of MJ before we even knew what JERSEY he would wear. The pressure has been on this kid since day 1.

Then he goes to the Beijing Olympics. Suddenly, he isn't expected to win it all by himself, he isn't expected to be THE guy. He had, for once, I think, FUN playing basketball!

All of a sudden he was given an option to live in South Beach, Florida with his two good friends to dominate the basketball world. He is 25 years old. I'm 24, and to be honest, if you told me that me and my two best friends could go dominate our field in beautiful Miami and make millions...I probably would do the same thing.

That said, the way he went about it was wrong. I think he really thought after this people would love him. But people hate him, he came off very very poorly in that show that he did. He hurt his image a lot, he comes off very cold and callous. And I just think he was totally ignorant about WHAT exactly he was doing.

Paul1355

All Star
is it just me or is lebron basically giving up on himself by joining the heat? i mean when he announced his decision you can see on his face the look of a failure,i never seen someone look so pathetic in my life this guy made the right choice by going to miami because he would never live up to the hype that we knick fans set.if we get lebron we win a ring? pffff this guy is a certified choker i never see him come up big on a consistent basis but i must say i am ashamed at him for wasting the talent that most would kill for. 3-4 yrs from now and we are looking at a 3x double but this guy mentally wouldnt survive in new york the media would turn him to shreds maybe him not coming is a blessing in disguise?
One source told Mark Berman he turned down NY because of the pressure of the media in NY....could be true, i buy that.

The main reason he is in Miami was because he planned this for a while, since these three played in the olympics in 2008.

Alonzo mourning even said that he knew about this for a "long time" so i expect that to be over a year of insider information.

Lebron does seem like he cant carry a team most of the time in the huge spot. He is not Wade, Durant or Kobe in the clutch and he doesnt have that drive to be the main guy to put away games, this move to Miami proves it.

Everyone knows that is Dwayne Wade's city. Lebron doesnt want to be the main guy and doesnt want all the pressure on him.

He is a cop out, he is a waste of possibly being the next Michael Jordan who could have sealed his own legacy anywhere. The Cavs are a dreadful team without Lebron, if he went to the Clippers, Bulls, Knicks, Nets..he would have won a championship.

I guess he figured if he is going to be hated, he might as well win championships along the way.

He has a personality of a immature 25 year old. Who wears shorts and tee shirt during basketball meetings?

skisloper

Starter

Look since 16 this guy has been expected to win CHAMPIONSHIPS. He was anointed the 2nd Coming of MJ before we even knew what JERSEY he would wear. The pressure has been on this kid since day 1.

Then he goes to the Beijing Olympics. Suddenly, he isn't expected to win it all by himself, he isn't expected to be THE guy. He had, for once, I think, FUN playing basketball!

All of a sudden he was given an option to live in South Beach, Florida with his two good friends to dominate the basketball world. He is 25 years old. I'm 24, and to be honest, if you told me that me and my two best friends could go dominate our field in beautiful Miami and make millions...I probably would do the same thing.

That said, the way he went about it was wrong. I think he really thought after this people would love him. But people hate him, he came off very very poorly in that show that he did. He hurt his image a lot, he comes off very cold and callous. And I just think he was totally ignorant about WHAT exactly he was doing.

well said.
he should have announced it when Bosh and Wade did.
I think Mavarick Carter made him look like a jackass.
He should have met with Gilbert and explained he was moving on.
Amazing how one decision ( not joining the heat ) will haunt him forever.

When he decided not to be the KING by going to the Heat he should have done the same and stood by wade and bosh when they announced...

nuckles2k2

Superstar

I'm don't buy it.

The dude is filthy rich, he can live in South Beach if he wants to. That has nothing to do with playing for the Heat (I don't even think the arena is in South Beach anyway.)

But if he felt that he was being labeled the wrong way by the media and Nike, he could have said something about it like Pujols did. People started calling Pujols "El Hombre," which obviously means "The Man," which was Stan "The Man" Musial's nickname. An all-time great Cardinals player. What did Pujols do? He nipped it in the bud from the get go. He said he wanted no part of that nickname and that it should be reserved for the man who established the name. Stan Musial is Stan Musial and Albert Pujols is Albert Pujols.

So if LBJ thought he was unfairly being pressured to win championships then don't benefit from, and market the name "King James." He easily could have told Nike: look, this isn't fair, I haven't done anything in the league yet and there are actual legends out there who have worked for this sort of praise. He could have killed off the name "King James" before it even got started. But nope, he thrived off of it, and now suddenly he doesn't like the pressure and just wants to have fun.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
James does not have the heart of a champion. He does not have the competitive fire of Jordan, the bull-headed determination of Kobe, the quiet self-confidence of Duncan, or the winning-over anything attitude that made Magic so great.

he's a very talented basketball player with the talents to become better then Jordan or anyone else but he chose the easy way out by going to miami he said it himself. especially in the part of 'the decision' where he said "i wanna do whats best for me and makes me happy" so i guess being on a team with 2 other allstars and being second fiddle to Wade makes him happy. in my opinion lebron will now forever be known as a Pippen type player and just ruined a legacy that was supposed to be second to none.

point is dudes a bitch ass pussy :gony:

wow, haha. let him be, yo.
You guys should be more worried of his intentions.

Many of you knick fans were hoping for this same outcome to fall in your favor. Suck it up. or should I say... "spit it out". Where’s the pride? If you must vent, aim your frustration at the right people; the ones who couldn’t acquire more than one elite baller. They had plenty of time to plan this out well, but they put all their eggs in one basket….and dropped it.

He is, without a doubt more deadly when with a core of guys who are on the same page, this is a sic combo and you guys know it. He may have very well found his kingdom. His game can only elevate. The real Heat should be put on the Knicks brass for their high turnover rate.
<O:p</O:p
This is the land of the free. So, it’s his decision and no one else’s, it’s his career, and I see his decision will give him a better chance at enjoying the game and smoothly securing a spot in the hall of fame. Cleveland </ST1:pshould honor him for what he did for them, especially, after the “teammate and Brons moms” BS.
It’s evident that there’s still some broken hearts here because no one is mouthing off about Bosh. Basketball is a team sport. Remember there is no I in team, right.

He got what he wanted, now he has a greater chance at enjoying what he loves…who wouldn’t? It’s a known fact that you need 3 or more elite players to win championships. This is the NBA…not college ball. MJ </ST1:pwould have never won one ring if he didn’t have quality help. Why do you think it was so hard for Pat to get one for NY?

So, get over it, show some dignity and re-focus…

cathaytrader

Benchwarmer
One has to wonder why he couldn't have talked Bosh or Amare coming to Cleveland to join him and his 50 win team. Did he even try to sell Cleveland to the others?

smokes

Huge Member
wow, haha. let him be, yo.
You guys should be more worried of his intentions.

Many of you knick fans were hoping for this same outcome to fall in your favor. Suck it up. or should I say... "spit it out". Where?s the pride? If you must vent, aim your frustration at the right people; the ones who couldn?t acquire more than one elite baller. They had plenty of time to plan this out well, but they put all their eggs in one basket?.and dropped it.

He is, without a doubt more deadly when with a core of guys who are on the same page, this is a sic combo and you guys know it. He may have very well found his kingdom. His game can only elevate. The real Heat should be put on the Knicks brass for their high turnover rate.
This is the land of the free. So, it?s his decision and no one else?s, it?s his career, and I see his decision will give him a better chance at enjoying the game and smoothly securing a spot in the hall of fame. Cleveland </ST1:pshould honor him for what he did for them, especially, after the ?teammate and Brons moms? BS.
It?s evident that there?s still some broken hearts here because no one is mouthing off about Bosh. Basketball is a team sport. Remember there is no I in team, right.

He got what he wanted, now he has a greater chance at enjoying what he loves?who wouldn?t? It?s a known fact that you need 3 or more elite players to win championships. This is the NBA?not college ball. MJ </ST1:pwould have never won one ring if he didn?t have quality help. Why do you think it was so hard for Pat to get one for NY?

So, get over it, show some dignity and re-focus?

It's a bit different James coming to sign here with Amare or Bosh (big 2) than going to Miami with 3 of the best players in the league on one team.

Even with Amare/Lebron, we would have been competing with LA, Boston, Miami, Orlando, San Antonio, etc etc because they all have 2-3 star players too. The way it is now Miami are a total powerhouse team and it's no question of whether they will win a title. Other teams have to work for it whereas this team its virtually guaranteed.

Add the fact that he's taken a step down the ladder from being a leader to a follower and you should get the idea.

I know what you mean about this is all getting out of hand, its 3 days on and the majority of this forum is still bitching about Lebron, but we're also psyched up about our own team and our chances to compete down the line.

You seem to kinda miss the point.

No I’m not missing the point. I see the jagged edge point and refuse to be stuck with it….again. Its his choice to lead or not, not yours. Why are fans trying to dictate this mans life? He still can lead in Miami if he chooses. The potential is there, but I'm sure thats not part of his agenda. Lebron is smart, he knows he needs quality help, like every other championship team. He gave Cleveland every chance to provide it and other teams too. If you guys think his game will decrease than you all are in for another reality check come Fall.

The Knicks are always hyping up their desperate die hard fans with prospects, not experienced proven players. Miami</ST1:p is the Beast in the East now, but they were not the only one who upgraded their already great teams. NY Knicks are lagging behind (as usual) with their all familar signing a bunch of 2nd tiers crap...which I’m sure some will be traded…which will further denied this team from gelling. They are always rebuilding and…destroying. Why fans keep accepting this is beyond me.

All the hype for the last few years was about this year, not next year. I just see a whole lot of trade bait being picked up. They are not really trying to compete this year…just trying to make it look like it.
If you guys really think we have a chance against these other new improved teams than you’re dreaming and not really being a realist.
There’s a limit to my Knicks optimism because I’ve seen all of this before…this is nothing new, just the same old stale ass tactics…

we'll see what else happens over the summer, as of right now...I'm not impressed at all.

mafra

Legend
He went to South Beach for one reason, and one reason only....

At his pep rally the other night he was counting all the titles they can win... He stopped at 7!

Funny right? Why 7? After all, they all signed 6 year deals. BUT, 7 is one greater than MJ- his idol.

Lebron James wants to build his brand and stamp his legacy. He's been told since childhood that he's the CHOSEN 1; like he's the Dalai Lama or something.

He doesn't feel pressure to win, or want to win to get a weight of his shoulders, he expects to win b/c he feels it's preordained.

BUT, he's a born follower and a front runner, and he's starting to sense that his fate might pass him by b/c of circumstances. So he wants to short cut to greatness.

No problems there. But he doesn't go to be part of a team; he wants to enhance his name.... That's it.

He figures he'll use Wade to win a few titles, and then carry it on after Wade passes his prime.

He's not leaving any money on the table, b/c the disparity in his current deal and what he would have earned is like 2.5 mil a year (same exact amount that OHIO would have taken in state income taxes).

There's nothing wrong with this.... Just how he did it. Just like he doesn't get to sell me on the notion that this is all about a team. The only squad Lebron cares truly about is TEAM LEBRON JAMES.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

Me, Kiyaman, MSGKnickz33, OGKnicksfan and a few others were some of the only people on this forum who did not want Lebron James.

Why didn't I want Lebron James?
Here's 10 reasons:
1. Lebuhon is arguably the most overrated player in NBA history. He's up there with Scottie Pippen, a young Penny Hardaway, and Vince Carter as one of the most overrated players.
2. Lebron James is an a$$hole. When asked about what he thought about Marbury's new 15 dollar shoes that were made for low-income families, he said "I would never wear something like that." In 2010, instead of telling the Cavs he wanted to leave Cleveland, he goes on all of these interviews and announces his decision in a one hour special. Talk about an attention seeker.
3. Lebron James is a choke artist. If you need proof, just look at the 2007 NBA Finals. It's not that he didn't win the championship, it's that he played so poorly. He averaged 25 points on 35% shooting, 25% 3 pt, 7 assists, and 6 turnovers.
4. Lebron does not=championship. I honestly don't get why so many Knick fans thought that. You have to be pretty naive to think he could get a championship in New York, but not get one in Cleveland in 7 years of trying.
5. Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade >>>> Lebron James.
Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Durant = Lebron James. The only reason people think otherwise is because Lebron throws chalk in the air and has a lot of commercials.
6. Lebron James is overrated.
7. Did I say Lebron James is overrated?
8. Lebron James is overrated.
9. Lebron James only beats crappy playoff teams, but he always loses to the elite playoff teams, like the Spurs, Celtics, Magic, Pistons, etc.
10. Lebron James is overrated.

People who say Lebron took the easy way out must believe all of the Lebuhon hype. The only way James could win a championship is if he has a guy like Dwyane Wade to make up for his lack of clutch.

p0nder

Starter
LeBronkilled his legacy i can hardly believe it. He topok the cowards way out. how can anyone respect that?? I guess he's hoping the knicks or someone steps up to create a team that can compete but the timing of this really makes it difficult with the new CBA negotiations looming.