Felton's Words....

tiger0330

Legend
I've been saying Felton was the best PG available for the last 2 seasons but nobody here wanted him. Welcome to NY Raymond Felton.

KingCharles34

All Star
That Anthony Randolph highlight video you got in your sig was one of the best highlight videos i think i have ever seen....I cant wait to see this guy play. Hes gonna embarrass the sh!t outta everybody, other teams will hate us as they constantly find themselves getting posterized.

Back to the topic, i like what felton said and i keep hearin about how fast he is. Great job done by Donnie Walsh

tiger0330

Legend
That Anthony Randolph highlight video you got in your sig was one of the best highlight videos i think i have ever seen....I cant wait to see this guy play. Hes gonna embarrass the sh!t outta everybody, other teams will hate us as they constantly find themselves getting posterized.

Back to the topic, i like what felton said and i keep hearin about how fast he is. Great job done by Donnie Walsh

Take a look at the video in Crazy8's thread where Randolph blocks a corner 3 by Ben Gordon on a closeout. How many times does a guy get blocked on a closeout, very rarely, but Randolph comes from 20 feet and blocks the shot. Unreal.

We lost a lot of games because team's knew we didn't have a defensive inside presence and took it to the hole. Randolph is going to be a big improvement over Lee in defending the paint.

nymaddog

Rookie
Take a look at the video in Crazy8's thread where Randolph blocks a corner 3 by Ben Gordon on a closeout. How many times does a guy get blocked on a closeout, very rarely, but Randolph comes from 20 feet and blocks the shot. Unreal.

We lost a lot of games because team's knew we didn't have a defensive inside presence and took it to the hole. Randolph is going to be a big improvement over Lee in defending the paint.
Turiaf too will definitely make his presence known

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i just watched this and dude is ready for NY and i think he'll put up solid numbers maybe something around 17 and 8 thats a great PG if he excels we may not need parker or paul. if he could handle himself why not give him the role.

im confident in him and think he'll prove a lot of people wrong. his game and numbers were held back by LB's system. once he gets to run in this system his true style of play will come out dude can run the break and pick-and-roll just what we need

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Satisfied with this pick-up. 7 million might sound like a lot but Felton is a legit PG. Which was a priority for us. The best thing in that whole video was referring to himself as a "Warrior". That's what i'm talking about. We need warriors to go into battle with.

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
Satisfied with this pick-up. 7 million might sound like a lot but Felton is a legit PG. Which was a priority for us. The best thing in that whole video was referring to himself as a "Warrior". That's what i'm talking about. We need warriors to go into battle with.

:agreed: ... that was very Oakley like, and I loved hearing that from him. 2010 is looking promising.

mafra

Legend
GOOD NEWS is with Amar'e, Felton and Turiaf.... WE WONT BE INTIMIDATED playing MIA! These 3 are tough, physcial players who will welcome the challenge.

A PG like Ridnour just wouldn't be enough against the best teams... Felton gives us a clear advantage over Chalmers.

These 3 will form the character of this team, build the chemsitry and lead through example. This will only help Chandler, Douglas, Walker and Gallo. Heck, maybe even Curry.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
GOOD NEWS is with Amar'e, Felton and Turiaf.... WE WONT BE INTIMIDATED playing MIA! These 3 are tough, physcial players who will welcome the challenge.

A PG like Ridnour just wouldn't be enough against the best teams... Felton gives us a clear advantage over Chalmers.

These 3 will form the character of this team, build the chemsitry and lead through example. This will only help Chandler, Douglas, Walker and Gallo. Heck, maybe even Curry.

perfectly said my friend :beer:

smokes

Huge Member
This video got me hyped seriously, a few things he said which really made me excited...

Like DatPrince said, kid is a warrior. This is important especially going into this new era. Remember 1999 Knicks? Ewing out injured, sitting out of the playoffs with 10 games left. Houston Sprewell and LJ battled through like WARRIORS winning 8 of the last 10 games just to sneak into the 8th spot. Then went up against the Miami Heat 1st seed in the first round and knocked them off one of the biggest upsets in NBA history (with Ewing still riding the pine for most of that series).

Next up he's gonna play hard. Hard work is something that's been lacking night in night out at the Garden for the last 2 seasons. We saw it consistently from maybe 2 guys on the Knicks roster the last 2 years. David Lee and Toney D. Other players had stints of hard work but then rested on it. With players like Felton, Amare, Turiaf coming in and pushing that work ethic and having Toney D inspiring that ethic from a young players POV I expect Gallo, Chandler and Randolph to get into that mode and hopefully it will encourage Walker to keep up his hard work over the offseason.

And lastly he is not a player to shy away from the big time ball games. You heard him say it, he always has good games at MSG. It's true last year he was dominant almost single handedly bringing the Bobcats back to beat us in the 4th quarter. I expect him to be consistent and thrive under D'antoni's offense and the big stage of MSG.

:gony:

we'll see when the season starts...from what I'm seeing, you're going to need more than words to win...and, in this division.

I've heard all this hype before...

iSaYughh

Starter
we'll see when the season starts...from what I'm seeing, you're going to need more than words to win...and, in this division.

I've heard all this hype before...

Not really hype though. He's young, is a proven NBA starter having started for a stringent, bastard coach. #5 pick coming from uptempo system; now joining --the-- uptempo system.

Many often say "Amare so benefits from a pg". Well, a pg will so benefit from Amare.

Good attitude and fight in him is icing on the cake.

JCStone57

Rookie
Yeah that's typical Felton interview. Felton definitely gives you 110% each and every night even when he's hurt. I can't wait to see him running the fast paced offense like he did at Carolina. He also gets more pumped when fans are pumped, something rarely seen in Charlotte.

p0nder

Starter
I agree with your assessment babigurl. Felton in an uptempo offense with Amare should do wonders for both of their games. I expect amare to have as good of a year as he had in PHX and felton to improve a lot. 15-20 pts & 8-10 assists is not unreachable.

iJoe

Rotation player
Yep prying Felton away from the control maniac Larry Brown should do wonders for his game.

Its actually a perfect scenario where hes learned to defend and play a half court for the Bobkittens and moving to the knicks where he can play to his strengths.

Hes perfectly suited for an uptempo game and his production should be way up next season.