Chris Broussard Just now on twitter says Isiah Thomas Is candidate for gm postion

cathaytrader

Benchwarmer
OKay this part I agree with :

"He also hired two legendary coaches in Lenny Wilkens and Larry Brown, and his strong work in the draft is undeniable. Thomas selected Trevor Ariza in the second round in 2004, got Channing Frye, David Lee and Nate Robinson in 2005, and Wilson Chandler in 2007. He also urged the Knicks to draft Brandon Jennings in 2009."

The guy has an eye for talent without a doubt, but in the capacity as GM he was an unquestioned "fail".

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
What Don't the Knicks have anybody to relate to the players. It's the New York Knicks anybody would come here. You don't need Isiah Thomas for that?

skisloper

Starter
OKay this part I agree with :

"He also hired two legendary coaches in Lenny Wilkens and Larry Brown, and his strong work in the draft is undeniable. Thomas selected Trevor Ariza in the second round in 2004, got Channing Frye, David Lee and Nate Robinson in 2005, and Wilson Chandler in 2007. He also urged the Knicks to draft Brandon Jennings in 2009."

The guy has an eye for talent without a doubt, but in the capacity as GM he was an unquestioned "fail".

Thats just ridiculous...

Channing Frye was taken 6th and was a waste......We passed on many good players and took him.
Nate has not been resigned by the Celtics and I do not see any teams breaking his door down.
David Lee and Trevor were great picks.
Wilson Chandler would have been available in the 2nd round.
Renaldo Balkman ?????

Yes he is a great scout....Thats what a scout does.

As psyched as I am for us to now be a competitive team with money in 2011 and 2012 for either a max player each year or putting pieces together is how sick I am if Isiah came back....

Look at the Felton year. Yes we are overpaying but Knicks have money and luxury tax Dolan does not care about. Its pure genius to allow us flexibility.
Isiah would have offered a sick contract.....

p0nder

Starter
He is a very relate-able guy and everyone outside of NY likes him. Even in Toronto. But he is not a good choice for GM. Perhaps a great person for a recruiter/scout position, a consultant of sorts. But he is not a good GM.