Here we go AGAIN: Reality Check

jimkcchief88

All Star
I am sorry guys, but I'm not feeling it. Knicks fans were sold a bill of goods and I am not buying it. This 2010 KNICKS team is NOT a GOOD team and will struggle to win as many games as last years team. Enough of the hype ok. I don't want to hear about "ohhh we got STAT(where did that acronym come from anyway???). All we did is trade one HARDWORKING 20/10 guy for one questionable 20/10 guy. Amare has never had to experience in Phoenix what he is about to go through in New York: the constant losing, the media, the fans, the scrutiny. You say overpaying for Amare was a good move to try to lure LJ. Well it didn't work now we are stuck with a potential problem. Amare shined last year on a good team in a contract year. Let's see how Amare competes on a bad team with with a fat bankroll in his pocket.

We were promised LJ and and another MAX player, we got Amare and a bunch of castoffs. How can you be excited about players the Warriors threw away??? Ronny Turiaf is a donut which is why the Lakeshow dumped him and the others were throw-ins to make the money work. Thats it. Now we got Felton Spencer(WHO????) and some big clown from Russia and I'm supposed to be excited about the upcoming season???

Let's call a spade a spade guys. This is ANOTHER THROW AWAY SEASON BECAUSE WE MISSED ON LEBRON. It is what it is. What do you think Knicks brass is going to admit their entire plan crumbled when Lebron spurned them??? Hell naw, their job is to sell tickets. Did you hear what Lebron said?? No matter what you think about Lebron going to the HEAT, he told it in his statement: Pat Riley and the Heat give him a better chance to win than New York. Trading away every piece of the team for pipe dreams, the Starbury debacle, the horrible draft picks, and general team mismanagement have made New York a place to stay away from and the joke of the league.

Mark it down this team will struggle to win 30 games this year. The rest of the East got way better while we are overpaying backup point guards and Russian castoffs just to save face. Its pitiful really. We are sounding like Cub fans and its pitiful:" Just wait till next year...." Just pray the MELO wants to get the hell out of the mountains and will come home and play for the KNICKS next year and we can grab a real PG like Parker or Paul, not the backup that will be starting next year. If both those thing don't happen, we need to: FIRE WALSH, FIRE DANT, START OVER!!!!

I read a sentence of your message and stopped. As a knicks fan, I know its hard to think positive. But Its a new year. We got new players, good players too. It will be a good year, trust me.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
Amare Stoudemire is a work horse. Nobody was promised Lebron James. I disagree with both of those points. The kid we got in a side and trade could be a good project. I think almost everbody can agree on that except you. Then you add the other two guys which have some NBA ability as well. The 7' the jury is still out on. So you have a point there. But one report I read was that he was the top International free agent this year. So take that for what it's worth. It's a question mark.

I haven't felt this positive about this team in years. But your entitled to your opinion, I just disagree.

p0nder

Starter
Marking it down guys. JIMCHIEF, says we'll be lucky to get 30 wins this season!

I'm keeping a copy of this thread, so that when we are a 45 win team you'll eat yer shorts.

I can't believe how hard up you were to get LeBron that you have to get on with this kind of bullshit. Why don't you just go be a Miami heat fan already? You're already a bulls and knicks fan. Just keep collecting them like vending machine stickers or something.

We were not shut out of free agency as some had predicted. We have a stud in STAT ("Standing Tall and Talented" btw) and we have Felton who is one of the most underrated PURE PG's in the league. Not to mention that we turned DLee into DLee -7 years and two other guys (who will probably turn out better then expected). We have space for MELO and we can make room for Paul, but even if we don't get them this is a playoff team and our oldest player is 27. That means we are stacked with young talent. I think we're in as good of shape as anyone in the East.

You want to Mark it down? mark down that we are closer to a 50 win team then a 30 win team THIS SEASON.

you just became the biggest clown on this thread... even ahead of those clowns that want arenas iverson and camby

You must be some little snot nose brat. Only cowards and kids make disrepectful comments over the net. The only clowns I see is you and the ones that have been occupying the Garden...and I don't mean Ringling bros either. Stop acting like a dushe bag and maybe you'll grow a real pair. Hopefully before its too late you'll see just how much of a little pecker head you were.

iJoe

Rotation player
We got young players with very high upside who fit perfectly into our system while maintaining cap flexibility. Considering what Walsh had to deal after the LBJ fiasco, he was genius.

We'll have a fun entertaining team that we can see grow and play hard. I'd rather have that than a bunch of me me superstars who think that a ring will just float to them.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Marking it down guys. JIMCHIEF, says we'll be lucky to get 30 wins this season!

I'm keeping a copy of this thread, so that when we are a 45 win team you'll eat yer shorts.

I can't believe how hard up you were to get LeBron that you have to get on with this kind of bullshit. Why don't you just go be a Miami heat fan already? You're already a bulls and knicks fan. Just keep collecting them like vending machine stickers or something.

We were not shut out of free agency as some had predicted. We have a stud in STAT ("Standing Tall and Talented" btw) and we have Felton who is one of the most underrated PURE PG's in the league. Not to mention that we turned DLee into DLee -7 years and two other guys (who will probably turn out better then expected). We have space for MELO and we can make room for Paul, but even if we don't get them this is a playoff team and our oldest player is 27. That means we are stacked with young talent. I think we're in as good of shape as anyone in the East.

You want to Mark it down? mark down that we are closer to a 50 win team then a 30 win team THIS SEASON.

If this team wins 45 games and makes the playoffs(45 wins should be enough) I will EAT MY OWN SHORTS. Mark that down. Thanks for the acronym information so I will NEVER use it again. Its dumb. As for the rest, being a longtime Chiefs fan as well I know a little something about bad teams, and this is a bad team. You need talent out on the floor, not potential talent. The top teams in the East have proven talent, not pipe dreams. It adds insult to injury we let Pat Riley play us again. I HATE the HEAT. They robbed us of our best chance to win a Championship(outside of game 7 against Akeem) with that brawl in the playoffs. I think that Knick team could have handled the Bulls. Guess we will never know. As it is, I will wince when Miami pounds the Knicks this year with Riles laughing. I was physically ill when LJ decided to go to the HEAT. Prepare for another LONG season KNICKS faithful. I am.

jpz17

Starter
I love how you think Felton is a back-up. Guess you'll see the truth soon enough.

I haven't heard one good thing from Bobcats fans about him. I believe Felton WILL be a backup point guard by the end of the season because of Toney D, but he will be a darn good one. Felton is overrated, no doubt. Not terrible. Better than Duhon. But... overrated for sure. i was actually upset when I say the Felton signing

JCStone57

Rookie
I haven't heard one good thing from Bobcats fans about him. I believe Felton WILL be a backup point guard by the end of the season because of Toney D, but he will be a darn good one. Felton is overrated, no doubt. Not terrible. Better than Duhon. But... overrated for sure. i was actually upset when I say the Felton signing

I can see Toney Douglas forcing D'Antoni's hand but I see him moving Douglas to the 2. I don't know which Charlotte fans you've been hearing from but Felton was loved in Charlotte but he just never meshed with Brown's system. Felton is an up-tempo guy and he should flourish in this system. But only time will tell.

nykway24

Rookie
I'm excited about this team, **** what anybody else has to say. Felton is a terrific point gaurd with alot of heart, speed and quickness. That is why he was ranked right up there with Derron and Chris when they came out. With Ronnie playing the five spot, Amar'e can focus on being a true power foward which i think is a scary thought for the league because hes stronger and more explosive than most 4's. If D'antoni gives Anthony Randolph some PT he will be a MONSTER in this system. Keleena gives us the perfect match for a shooting gaurd that we have had in years. Not to mention the continuing development of Gallo, Wilson, Walker and Tony idk how anybody can't be excited about the possibilties of this team. For the first time we have a YOUNG, LONG, TALENTED core of BASKETBALL PLAYERS. not drama queens. and the one thing i love the most about these players is that they are passionate. they will excite the garden for alot of years to come:gony:

Lilnickywood20

Benchwarmer
You know what, screw lebron and screw anyone that thinks the Knicks cant succeed without him

I am much happier with the team we have now because i enjoy the challenge; i want to see a start born in the World's Capital; Gallo, Randolph

We've got a team full of internationals from all over the world that want to succeed in the spotlight and put on a show for us die hard fans; i look at our young lineup and i wouldnt ask for a thing more

we may not be a 50 win team; we may not be a top 7 seed team but weve got that 8th seed and a roster of players that are gonna work to make the Garden a beautiful spot again

jimkcchief88

All Star
You know what, screw lebron and screw anyone that thinks the Knicks cant succeed without him

I am much happier with the team we have now because i enjoy the challenge; i want to see a start born in the World's Capital; Gallo, Randolph

We've got a team full of internationals from all over the world that want to succeed in the spotlight and put on a show for us die hard fans; i look at our young lineup and i wouldnt ask for a thing more

we may not be a 50 win team; we may not be a top 7 seed team but weve got that 8th seed and a roster of players that are gonna work to make the Garden a beautiful spot again

Diehard fans know a group of "Internationals" will get eaten alive by real NBA talent.