espn just reported that the knicks are looking to resign earl barron

Our frontcourt is already big but this is just pfs ANd cs
Mozgoz
Turiaf
Jordan
Amare
Randolph
Curry
Add barron there is something going down I wish it was for Jason Richardson and robin lopez for turiaf Jordan chandler walker curry cash and a draft pick but it could also be with la for odom and there expiring sharp shooter forgot his name but it would work out this would mean dantoni would get his point forward and la would have a deaper front court it would help them get stronger to beat the stacked heat because they are getting quality pieces in haslem miller possibly big z then they will get bell plus alston and arroyo that my prediction

Big C

Benchwarmer
Getting Earl Barron back does not necessarily mean there is a trade going down. Remember Turiaf might not be able to start this season because he is still injured. Don Nelson also said that Turiaf when healthy is a player that only will play about 15 minutes a game. Amar'e does not want to play center and Randolph is a pf and sf. So that leaves the Knicks with only Eddy Curry. The Knicks need Barron with they want to make some noise at the center spot.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru

Mozgoz
Turiaf
Jordan
Amare
Randolph
Curry
Add barron there is something going down I wish it was for Jason Richardson and robin lopez for turiaf Jordan chandler walker curry cash and a draft pick but it could also be with la for odom and there expiring sharp shooter forgot his name but it would work out this would mean dantoni would get his point forward and la would have a deaper front court it would help them get stronger to beat the stacked heat because they are getting quality pieces in haslem miller possibly big z then they will get bell plus alston and arroyo that my prediction

Did ESPN say Odom's and Vujacic's name?

mafra

Legend
I would think Troy Murphy would be our main target. Rebounding machine, can play PF/C, can shoot the ball better than anyone on our team not named Gallo and has an expiring contract.

T-Prince would have to be option #2, given his defense and expiring contract, so he can tutor Fields.

I think Barron, Landry and Ewing all are wild cards to not only earn a spot on the roster but to be the final pieces in the actual rotation.

I think we really want to dump Curry, and even include Chandler to entice someone... but only for an expring contract. This may change if Carmelo Anthony signs his extension in DEN.... Then we have to go to Plan-C.

Plan-A was Lebron
Plan-B is Melo
Plan-C is trade Curry for a player to help us win now and then shoot for Paul in 2012

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
If we sign Barron, I think it's just an elimination process. See who's playing the best and run with them.

We have complete flexibility through the front court at season's end. Bar Amar'e's enormous contract obviously.

So it's about finding out who plays best with Stat. The best complementary skill set.

Jordan - primarily a shot blocker
Mozgov - apparently a banger, hustler, shooter, shot blocker (too good to be true?)
Barron - decent rebounder, great set shooter
Turiaf - not really a center but can play the role well defensively.

The 5 AND the 2 are going to be the spots in which we constantly rotate/evaluate.

Baron adds options to the process of elimination.

Paul1355

All Star

Mozgoz
Turiaf
Jordan
Amare
Randolph
Curry
Dont be surprised if Anthony Randolph is involved in the deal to get Carmelo

HoLLaBaCK

Rookie
I don't understand why I keep seeing Curry's name in these thread post. If I'm not mistaken if we trade him don't we lose out cap space for next year? No Curry trade unless the person we are getting back is Mello.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
I don't understand why I keep seeing Curry's name in these thread post. If I'm not mistaken if we trade him don't we lose out cap space for next year? No Curry trade unless the person we are getting back is Mello.

Melo or Chris Paul (and if it were Chris Paul, Felton would obviously be in the deal, and thus, it couldn't possibly get done until December 15nth at the very earliest). Otherwise, Curry finishes out his last year.

Paul1355

All Star
Melo or Chris Paul (and if it were Chris Paul, Felton would obviously be in the deal, and thus, it couldn't possibly get done until December 15nth at the very earliest). Otherwise, Curry finishes out his last year.
odds are it is Melo who gets dealt, Paul will come after.

The Hornets are demanding too much for Paul, they turned down Devin Harris and the #3pick for Paul so we can't say we have anything better and do we really want to lose all the nice young peices we added?

We should focus on Melo this year, the possibility of him being traded is likely since Denver knows he doesnt want to come back, so atleast they can get something for him.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
odds are it is Melo who gets dealt, Paul will come after.

The Hornets are demanding too much for Paul, they turned down Devin Harris and the #3pick for Paul so we can't say we have anything better and do we really want to lose all the nice young peices we added?

We should focus on Melo this year, the possibility of him being traded is likely since Denver knows he doesnt want to come back, so atleast they can get something for him.

I'd much rather go after Melo as well, however, I'm not so sure how likely he is to be dealt. George Karl came out and said they "need" melo on the team and they have repeatedly said they simply aren't trading him. They are going to put all the pressure on him on the world to sign that extension by not even considering trading him and they have the leverage to do just that.

Eithey way though, I agree that Chris Paul being traded is extremely unlikely and I am not interested in giving up something more valuable than Devin Harris and the #3 overall pick

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
I don't see Randolph being traded for Melo. His upside is too gigantic. We have a of trade pieces, but as far as I am concerned Randolph is untouchable.

GeeboBXNY

Benchwarmer
I don't see Randolph being traded for Melo. His upside is too gigantic. We have a of trade pieces, but as far as I am concerned Randolph is untouchable.

I agree I wouldn't move Randolph for LeBron James(hehe no pun intended), But seriously this kid has way too much upside and talent to trade...

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I agree I wouldn't move Randolph for LeBron James(hehe no pun intended), But seriously this kid has way too much upside and talent to trade...

Are you people crazy!!! Randolph is absolutely not untouchable...

Randolph
Douglas
Chandler

for Melo

He'd be crazy not to pull the trigger.

KingCharles34

All Star
Randolph is a keeper at least for now, hes got potential to be a great center if he can get strong enough. We gotta see what he can do....who knows how good he can be.

yanks26ngoin

Benchwarmer
Please re sign Barron, PLEASE! Deal Curry, Chandler, and 2 future picks and get Melo.

Stat
Randolph
Gallo
Melo
Felton

Thats a sick lineup, if I must say.

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
yes melo would be nice to get this season ...but if is to give them young talent then no... we should wait until the next free agent period starts ... because melo for a fact will love to play with gallo & randolph ... but my boy chandler will get the boot if that is to lure melo here

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Chandler might get the boot, but it's for a good cause. Melo is yet another SF, we have too many of those...that and Weedson Chandler would probably like to go to a place like Miami where he can just smoke away his troubles

mafra

Legend
The plan must be to get Melo, while somehow keeping Gallo-Randolph. This is the key to a championship future.

Core-4 of:

STAT
MELO
RANDOLPH
GALLO