(21 Years Old)

From DraftExpress.com

Anthony Randolph

Born: Jul 15, 1989
Height: 6-10 / 2.08
Weight: 210 lbs. / 95.3 kg.
College: Louisiana State

From www.nba.com

To put his claim to the test, we?ll use the latest NBA photograph of Randolph available, taken Monday during the Warriors? Media Day. To find Randolph?s height we need a reference, and the orange roundie he?s holding makes a good one. A regulation NBA basketball has a diameter 9.55 inches. The basketball in the photo has a diameter of 74 pixels. From head to toe, Randolph is 644 pixels tall, or 8.703 basketball talls. Translated into familiar terms, this makes Randolph 83.11 inches tall, or 6?11 going on 7 feet.
http://treysanddimes.wordpress.com

From Marc Stein, ESPN:

"Unrelated but undeniably intriguing Warriors tidbit: Slender rookie Anthony Randolph, also known as the closest thing to an untouchable on the Warriors' payroll, has gained 20 pounds and grown an inch to nearly 7 feet since the end of this past season."

Is AR our KG?

So, that will make AR about 230 lbs (from 210).
KG stands 6'11" and 253 lbs (was 217 when drafted)

(warriors site)

Anthony Randolph is 7 ft, 222lbs
realgm

It's also a good thing for the Warriors that Randolph said he has "pretty much been in the weight room every day." When the principal of Urban Promise Academy middle school introduced Randolph to students, he described him as a "6-foot-10, 210-pound forward."

Off to the side, Randolph quietly said to an observer: "Actually, 7-foot, 222 pounds.

fan house

anthony_randolph_thumb_400x501_11972.jpg

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Damn I had no idea how big he was.

Size was one of our weaknesses last year - not anymore

We have 2 legit 7-footers in Jerome Jordan and Mozgev

We have a possible 7-footer in Anthony Randolph

We have Gallo and Amar'e, who are 6'10

So that's a decently sized front court

mafra

Legend
GREAT FIND.

I love what Randolph told WFAN yesterday about how he was among league leaders in blocks before he got hurt (as was Turiaf). I see he had 51 blocks in like 33 games (only 8 starts), logging a mere 22 minutes per game on average.

Turiaf had 54 blocks in basically 41 games (playing 20 minutes on average per game). He had 168 blocks the year before that

Just do the math folks!

David Lee had 40 blocks. He started 81 games and averaged 37 minutes a game!

Amar'e is not a great post defensive force, but he is a shot blocker as well. Not a prolithic one, but he does have a presence in the paint when opposing guards drive down the lane.... He'll swat some, and even contest the occassional dunk.

We finally have a presence under the glass. No more wide open layups people!

RANDOLPH will be part Jeffries (stopping PGs), he'll guard all 5 positions, will handle the ball, dribble, he'll knock down open shots and run the floor.

With Randolph and Gallo alone this team has the POTENTIAL to build a championship team.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
anthony_randolph_thumb_400x501_11972.jpg

^
WINGSPAN!!!

This pic is insane. AR could give a reach around to the person at the front of the conga line, if he was at the back. That's stupid.:lol:

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
I will miss Lee, he has all true Knick fans respect, but I can see Randolph "rockin" the Garden. Looking forward to monster blocks.

mafra

Legend
I will miss Lee, he has all true Knick fans respect, but I can see Randolph "rockin" the Garden. Looking forward to monster blocks.

Amen. Hate to see Lee go, especially now since we are building something... He was a true warrior!

Still, if he had to go, he at least went to the best place for him (and for his followers to root for him). It's almost like GSW is the Knicks in some alternate universe. They have a foundation of Curry-Lee. We almost had that. Heck, they still have Ellis (who some have called for). I'll be adopting them as my #2 team.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Randolph I believe has like a 7'3" wingspan

Talk about length. Hopefully he can utilize that wingspan the way Tim Duncan utilized his - by OWNING everyone

mafra

Legend
I love how Randolph said the MIA games will be somethig he circles on the calendar, and looks fwd to.

Look at his career, he seems to shine against the elite competition. He raises his game.

Last year David Lee had his best game against GSW (when GSW was without Biedrins, Randolph, Wright & Ellis). Randolph had his best against ORL (28 points, 13 rebounds and 5 assists). Played well against BOS, PHO. I know we're looking at a limited track record, but this kid seems to relish going up against the best of the best.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
I just get a funny feeling that this guy is going to live up to his potential and we are going to have one of the best frontourts in the league for the next 5-7 years.

KBlack25

Starter
Like I've said...Randolph prob. will be better than Lee, and could be as good as STAT. With these two in the front court, if we add another star, we will be a nightmare to defend.

I like Randolph.

at first i was alittle skeptikle on the deal that brought this guy in and thought we should have got a draft pick in this.

But then I looked into the Players and I've become a big fan of Randolph. Hes probley our greatest Rookie/Sophmore Prospect next to Gallinari.

Its funny because alot of our season revolves around Randolph and Gallo. If they Improve well and Randolph Brings a Jump shot to his game and Gallo works on his inside game, I can see Gallinari averging 20 points per game and being an All Star. and I can Also see us being the 6th or maybe even 5th seed.

Same thing goes for Douglas. Alot of the games we lost last year were due to Douglas making a few Rookie Mistakes. So the Question is will he make those same rookie mistakes this year?

iSaYughh

Starter
Vintage KG with more athleticism? Possible...

I like the situation he is coming into. D'Ant, NYC, a NYK team with some steam and momentum to it, replete with young n dynamic players.

Good spot for a guy like AR with his game at this pt in his career.

Wasn't Kobe drafted late too like AR-47...mid 1st?

Great articles. Figures a total specimen like Randolph is still growing.

portega1968

El Cacique
Metro, your sig rocks compatriota.

I remember when our roster was the oldest in the league, and now our oldest players are Stat and Curry who arent even 29 and have plenty of experience (btw, cant wait till we get rid of the walking cheesecake factory)

So, Im excited cause you can see Walsh has started to turn this around. We finally have some defensive players. Randolph has mad potential if he can stay away from injuries and put on 20 pounds of muscle. Together with Stat they should be quite a tandem up front. I'm confident a trade can be made before february (Felton, Curry and Chandler for Paul and Okafor?) and that we can slip into the 8th seed.

Hope has returned!!!

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
If the dickhead they call D'antoni gives him playing time... this guys could very well be the next KG... IF D'antoni is NOT the coach of the Knicks

I agree. It's gonna be up to our small-minded coach to allow Randolph to become a great player... shit, this sickens me...

metrocard

Legend
Metro, your sig rocks compatriota.

I remember when our roster was the oldest in the league, and now our oldest players are Stat and Curry who arent even 29 and have plenty of experience (btw, cant wait till we get rid of the walking cheesecake factory)

So, Im excited cause you can see Walsh has started to turn this around. We finally have some defensive players. Randolph has mad potential if he can stay away from injuries and put on 20 pounds of muscle. Together with Stat they should be quite a tandem up front. I'm confident a trade can be made before february (Felton, Curry and Chandler for Paul and Okafor?) and that we can slip into the 8th seed.

Hope has returned!!!

Good post primo.

KingCharles34

All Star
What is the max potential for Randolph? I mean, im seein him compared to Garnett now, whats the deal? From what I seen he looks like Camby with more offense and ball handling skills...not to to take away from cambys handles and offense, hes got or at least had the ability to get a rebound, bring the ball up the court and throw a behind the back no look pass.

metrocard

Legend
What is the max potential for Randolph? I mean, im seein him compared to Garnett now, whats the deal? From what I seen he looks like Camby with more offense and ball handling skills...not to to take away from cambys handles and offense, hes got or at least had the ability to get a rebound, bring the ball up the court and throw a behind the back no look pass.

True that my brother.
I see Randolph end up being better than Bosh honestly.