Harrington bashes D'antoni, says Knicks not better, Lebron never coming

mafra

Legend
Enter at your own risk.... Let's all keep in mind Al Harrington is the same chucker who shot 409 3-pointers this year, AND MADE 140 of them. ALMOST 300 misses! Coach put up with that.... And now he chucks up one more as he exits (don't let the door hit you pal).

Al never played defense. He blocked 26 shots and he's almost 6"10' while averaging 5.6 rebounds as a power fwd! Gallo averaged as many...

Brace yourself.

Harrington miffed Knicks didn't call; knew LeBron wouldn't join

By Marc Berman (NY Post)

LAS VEGAS -- Al Harrington told The Post yesterday he was stung the Knicks never called him after July 1, that coach Mike D'Antoni never liked him, and that he isn't sure the revamped Knicks are any better than last season's 29-53 team.

Harrington also said he had inside information before July that LeBron James was going to spurn the Knicks.

Harrington left the Knicks officially yesterday, signing a full, five-year, $5.8 million-per-year mid-level deal with the Nuggets and will become teammates with potential 2011 free agent Carmelo Anthony.

Harrington said he "thinks Melo will stay," but hasn't yet spoken to him.
Harrington had held out hope Knicks team president Donnie Walsh would have enough cap space to keep him, knowing what he knew about LeCon.

"I guess they could be better, but I don't think they're better than the team we had last year," Harrington said. "That's my opinion. You never know. They got Bill Walker, he could get better, Gallo [Danilo Gallinari] could get better. So it could be better but I don't think so."

The LeCon snub was no surprise to Harrington.

"I knew he wasn't coming to New York," Harrington said at Cox Pavilion, watching the Nuggets during summer-league action. "I knew some of LeBron's sources and knew he never liked New York at all. I'm a New York fan anyway.
It would've been nice to have had him there."

Harrington now teams with Anthony, who has a Denver contract-extension offer on the table. Harrington spends most of the offseason at his house in Las Vegas. James and his entourage spend time in Vegas, too, as James has a place out in the desert, too.

Harrington, a northern Jersey native, thought he may be in play after the James snub. The Knicks still had plenty of cap room.

"I wasn't one of D'Antoni's guys," said Harrington. "It was an obvious thing. No matter how good I played, no matter what happened, he wouldn't mention my name after a game or anything. He obviously didn't want me there.

"When they only got one max, I thought I would hear from them and get a call," Harrington added. "I was obviously wrong."

Harrington, who averaged 17.7 points and 5.6 rebounds off the bench, notes the Knicks have lost their two most productive players in David Lee (now with Golden State) and himself.

D'Antoni defended the decision not to consider Harrington. Sources close to D'Antoni said Harrington didn't move the ball enough to suit D'Antoni's offense.

"We changed the structure of the team," D'Antoni said. "Certain guys -- even Lee -- structurally were financially out. I'm happy for Al. It didn't work out."
Harrington said Denver coach George Karl always has joked about getting him.

"It's good to play for a coach who wants you," he said.

The Knicks have holes. They don't have a legit starting center and their shooting-guard position is unclear. New addition, Kelenna Azubuike, may fill that role.

The Knicks have stocked up pieces to trade. Walsh said the Knicks are at the salary cap and have ability only to sign players to the veteran's minimum.
D'Antoni said the good news is trades will be made to improve, not subtract.

"If we do make a move, we're bringing in a better piece and not a piece just for cap space," he said.

The cap-cutting began 20 months ago when Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford were dealt and Harrington became the bridge to 2010. It was all done with James as the ultimate goal.

"I liked Randolph and Jamal and those guys, but as soon as we got their [trade] value up, we knew they were gone," D'Antoni said. "That's frustrating for players and coaches. Now when our players get up there, we can lock them in."

Harrington, who missed the last two weeks of the season after shoulder surgery, said he wanted to go to a winner after two years in New York of losing.

"I can't wait to get out there," Harrington said. "The team is stacked. We're going to have a great opportunity."

And he hopes to play with 'Melo for many years to come.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...SVjF8H0WJ?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=#ixzz0tlf5v72I

---------------

NY DAILY NEWS adds:

"Hell no," Harrington said Wednesday. "He definitely didn't want me back.

Their relationship soured early last season when Harrington learned that D'Antoni was trying to trade him during the season. D'Antoni met with Harrington and denied trying to move him, but the damage was already done. There were other issues. Harrington believed he could have been better utilized in the post as opposed to being a perimeter shooter.

"Communication is the key with everything," Harrington added. "I respect people that tell you what it is. Don't tell me one thing and say something different to somebody else."

Harrington, 30, claims he doesn't understand why D'Antoni wouldn't embrace him, saying "I came off the bench and did whatever he asked me to do. I don't think he liked my game so now I'm moving on.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...nded_any_shot_for_him_to_r.html#ixzz0tlgPQNjt

-----------

THEKNICKSBLOG.COM adds:

post-icon_unknown.png

<!-- /.icon -->Harrington: I wasn?t one of D?Antoni?s Guys

By Tommy Dee on Jul 15, 2010, 9:53 am
Via NY Post
?I wasn?t one of D?Antoni?s guys,? said Harrington. ?It was an obvious thing. No matter how good I played, no matter what happened, he wouldn?t mention my name after a game or anything. He obviously didn?t want me there.
?When they only got one max, I thought I would hear from them and get a call,? Harrington added. ?I was obviously wrong.?
We?ve talked over and over about the disconnect in the locker room. I know Al thought it was his team, and guys like Nate and D Lee thought it was ?theirs.? It was a bad situation for everyone. Denver is a good situation for Harrington, who undoubtedly wanted to be a Knick. He was a Walsh guy, but if Walsh wanted to keep him he would have. They needed to make the Felton move and maintain flexibility.

That made Al expendable.

Like Larry Hughes, it?s easy to knock the coach walking out the door, but without question D?Antoni is on notice from the fans even more so, especially when you read quotes like this.

=========___======___==============

First of all, odd he mentions Walker & Gallo but not Chandler when he talks about the possibility of the Knicks improving?

Second, I doubt this hurts our chances of getting Melo. Anthony's new bride and STAT will override and bad stuff Al has to say about coach- but it wont help having him nipping his ear all season.

Third, Al wore out his welcome with Nellie and now he bashes his next coach? Maybe it's Al with the problem, no? Or is it always everyone else's fault?

Third, who cares what you have to say about Lebron. Get it on the record beforehand or keep your trap shut.

Fourth, he wants coach to praise him when he does what he's paid to do? Does that give him the right to bash you when you're bad?

Fifth, I repeat... you practically clanked 300 3-pointers! We had to suffer and endure watching you consisitently go 1-8 from beihd the arc.... and you want coach to praise you the one night (in 8) you get hot? WOW!

Sixth, would you stay for the vet min? Of course not.... Go collect your 35 mil and keep quiet! Have some class!

KBlack25

Starter
Honestly, Al being there regardless of what he says to Melo probably does not hurt our chances...

I can't wait to see Melo's reaction the first time Al chucks up a 3 with 22 seconds left on the shot clock in a big spot...

iSaYughh

Starter
Nice find and compilation, Mafra.

I've always said Harrington was a muppet chucker.

Dude gets the sweetheart contract of his life and he still can't put his flawed ego aside. Well, maybe bc mediocre, aged, extremely flawed players are getting --sweetheart-- deals it enables their delusions more.

I hadn't been so nauseated by watching a scorer on the Knicks since Crawful.

I'll never forget the game he blew 2x in the waning minute. First by chucking up a hideous, rushed brick. Then driving the entire Knick halfcourt to the basket with less grace, awareness, and selflessness than I've ever seen a Knick player possess all while Gallo was open in the wing.

Every game he'd put up good scoring numbers, he'd throw in a few:

2-13
0-6 from the 3
3 boards
0blck
0assists

And even when he has his big scoring games it often came at the sacrifice of the team, and players like Gallo.

Al did try hard when he was here and no doubt he wanted to remain a Knick. And I credit him for that.

But his game sucked and his post-NYK talk is lameeee.

Then again, who wouldn't want to stay in NY and get a big payout, just after he was allowed to play right into his (flawed) game and mindset and be a monumental, wild chucker.

THANK GOD THIS GUY IS GONE!!! OMFG THIS IS SO GREAT!!! this guy is a total nut job,has shot selection of 10 monta ellis's and cant play D worth a crap.OMG so happy this disease is cured.worst pickup IMO in past 5 yrs even worse then curry.atleast curry sits down and let our player develope wwhile al shoots a three from half court all damn day.he is isiah thomas but just that he was a player on the team lol THANK GOD!!!

iSaYughh

Starter
THANK GOD THIS GUY IS GONE!!! OMFG THIS IS SO GREAT!!! this guy is a total nut job,has shot selection of 10 monta ellis's and cant play D worth a crap.OMG so happy this disease is cured.worst pickup IMO in past 5 yrs even worse then curry.atleast curry sits down and let our player develope wwhile al shoots a three from half court all damn day.he is isiah thomas but just that he was a player on the team lol THANK GOD!!!

Most overrated and hideous player I've seen get minutes for the Knicks in a long while. I agree.

But let's not go that far.

Eddie Curry was instrumental in the absolute rape of our franchise and set the Knicks and their fans back --many-- years and caused tremendous shame and suffering.

The painful reverberations of Curry have been and will continue to be felt for quite some time.

We can at least now relish Harrington simply being done n gone.

Paul1355

All Star
seriously Al harrington should of just said, my time in NY was great, loved the oppurtunity but me and Mike D didnt see eye to eye....thats it, like he did in the summer league interview.

I dont care if he bashes D'Antoni because ive basked him more than anyone.

BUT if he is going to say that we are not better than last year, then Al has his head up his anus.

And he chucked so many shots last year, maybe thats why the coach never talked great about him.

moneyg

Starter
the only thing i can say in Al's defense is that... i wished O'antoni played him in the post more.. which is where Al is good at but our coach is not about postng guys up.. he just didnt fit the system...can blame him for shooting threes if O'antni gave him the green light....

New New York

Quiet Storm
Someone tell this idiot if it was not for Mike Dantoni and his offense he wouldve rotted on G-State's bench for two years and probably would not have gotten his contract with Denver!

This dude was on his way out of the league, he said it himself....damn are players that sensative to where they need to hear their names at the end of the game? Really?

The funny thing is that he has now left on bad terms with his last two teams and yet he blames other people.......at some point you gotta look at the man in the mirror.

But no hard feelings, good luck to him in Denver, I think it is a nice fit.

Paul1355

All Star
Someone tell this idiot if it was not for Mike Dantoni and his offense he wouldve rotted on G-State's bench for two years and probably would not have gotten his contract with Denver!

This dude was on his way out of the league, he said it himself....damn are players that sensative to where they need to hear their names at the end of the game? Really?

The funny thing is that he has now left on bad terms with his last two teams and yet he blames other people.......at some point you gotta look at the man in the mirror.

But no hard feelings, good luck to him in Denver, I think it is a nice fit.
good post

al needs to stop being a woman

CoolClyde

goodbye chuckington

Al Chuckington can suck it. The guy DIRECTLY cost us a couple games just by his last-minute theatrics (hanging on rim/hitting backboard, OT technical) against Clippers in same week. He had more bad games than good games, disappeared after good starts, and NEVER PLAYED DEFENSE.

Totally classless, letting the door hit him in the ass on the way out.
hanginton.jpg

way to hang in there, a-hole!

iSaYughh

Starter
Al Chuckington can suck it. The guy DIRECTLY cost us a couple games just by his last-minute theatrics (hanging on rim/hitting backboard, OT technical) against Clippers in same week. He had more bad games than good games, disappeared after good starts, and NEVER PLAYED DEFENSE.

Totally classless, letting the door hit him in the ass on the way out.
hanginton.jpg

way to hang in there, a-hole!

Bahah. Ya. He practically caused a race riot on KO too when some referred to him looking like a "gibbon" in that shot above where he cost us game swinging/hanging on the rim. :beer:

I swear though, this image of him wildly stumbling across our entire court and hurling himself into traffic with the grace of 2 legged elephant, to attempt a layup will never leave my mind. One of the most embarrassingly ugly, and selfish, plays i've ever seen a NYK make.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Our roster is no better now than it was last season?

Well, we no longer have Duhon and Hughes as our backcourt so I`d say we`re better.

Having said that if we had Laurel and Hardy as our backcourt this season it would still be better than Duhon and Hughes.

p0nder

Starter
al chuckington is done. he didn't even get a call from the front office. lol!

He should be GRATEFUL that he got to play in the garden as a knick and that we let him showcase so he could get a decent contract. Al was a decent lockerrom presence, looking towards playoffs and improving and performing with a shitty team...

He can't say that the team is better because we upgraded at his position by picking up Amar'e.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Dyke Manphony has had problems with Marbury, Nate, Hughes, Hill, Harrington, Stoudemire(in Phoenix), and Marion(in Phoenix).

It's obvious that D'Antoni is the one with the problem, and unless he gets fired, the Knicks will continue to lose. His ego is too big to successfully coach a team, unless the team is stacked with All Stars and MVPs, something the Knicks don't have.

portega1968

El Cacique
mr. pringles didn't like me, bujujujuju... he said I'm a ball hog and don't play defense even if my life depended on it, bujujuju.. he's a mean person, bujujuju

Blumatic

Rotation player
Dyke Manphony has had problems with Marbury, Nate, Hughes, Hill, Harrington, Stoudemire(in Phoenix), and Marion(in Phoenix).

It's obvious that D'Antoni is the one with the problem, and unless he gets fired, the Knicks will continue to lose. His ego is too big to successfully coach a team, unless the team is stacked with All Stars and MVPs, something the Knicks don't have.

STAT said himself that he was immature back then. Just like all the other players you named.

Moz106

Benchwarmer

Totally disagree wit you bro,

Marbury:problems wit NJ Nets teamates, With D'antoni in phoenix, wit Larry Brown and Isaiah on the knicks......

Nate: Forever in coach Larry Brown's doghouse, also had problems with coach D'ants.....

Harrington: problems wit Don Nelson.....

you can't blame the coach because of uncoachable players, most of the players on your list have sum bit of uncoachable qaulities in them, so before bashing the coach look at the players......