Isola Tweets: Knicks - Rudy Fernandez

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
There have been those wondering about the prospect of acquiring Rudy Fernandez on here. This is the latest from Isola.

Blazers source says Rudy Fernandez has list of 4 teams he wants to be traded to and yes Knicks are one of them. Knicks lead NBA in lists

Blazers source says team would trade Rudy but Knicks don't have anything they like.

http://twitter.com/fisolanydn

No doubt they want a back up 2 guard in return to play behind Roy. The best we'd have to offer is Azabuike.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Isola's blog says we could probably get him if we traded Wilson Chandler.

But Fernandez doesn't play defense, and Chandler does. And Chandler is versatile, being able to play SG, SF, and PF if we need him to (not WELL, but he can). Fernandez, on the other hand, is rather one-dimensional.

I say we wait and see how good of a player Landry Fields becomes before we consider this trade. It won't be the end of the world if we don't have him, and he's not an AMAZING player - if Landry Fields turns out to be a great player, then we can trade either him or Chandler pending

Paul1355

All Star
Isola's blog says we could probably get him if we traded Wilson Chandler.

But Fernandez doesn't play defense, and Chandler does. And Chandler is versatile, being able to play SG, SF, and PF if we need him to (not WELL, but he can). Fernandez, on the other hand, is rather one-dimensional.

I say we wait and see how good of a player Landry Fields becomes before we consider this trade. It won't be the end of the world if we don't have him, and he's not an AMAZING player - if Landry Fields turns out to be a great player, then we can trade either him or Chandler pending
I dont think I would do Chandler for Rudy straight up...Chandlers defense is too valuable...Chandler can be used in a trade for a big time player...Melo?

jpz17

Starter
He is close to a deal with a Euro team. I lost faith awhile back.. We'll go with Chandler even though I don't like him

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
I personally think Rudy Fernandez is a tab bit overrated on Knick forums, and no, I really am not that interested in trading Wilson Chandler for him

jpz17

Starter
I personally think Rudy Fernandez is a tab bit overrated on Knick forums, and no, I really am not that interested in trading Wilson Chandler for him

I did in my fantasy bball league that just started lol now i'm buying him out for more cap space i guess

portega1968

El Cacique

But Fernandez doesn't play defense...

I disagree. I mean, he isn't Kobe Bryant, but if you look at his numbers the beginning of last season and the one before that, he was a monster in steals, having various games of 3-4 steals. Then came the injury last year and the frustration of playing with the Blazers loaded at the swing position with Outlaw, Martell, Batum, Roy, Bayless.. and his numbers went south.

But he has exactly what we're lacking right now: a young 2guard with size, huge upside that can get steals, run the lanes and fill it up from beyond the arc.

Chandler's not gonna get it done from the 2spot. He plays better at the 3 and even 4spot, and we are obviously too stacked in those positions right now with players that come before him in the pecking order.

Chandler for Fernandez? would do it in a heartbeat if the Blazers are that foolish.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer

I think he's just as much overrated as Chandler is. He's definitly an upgrade over WC at the 2, because he's a better ballhandler & shooter and would be a better fit to play alongside STAT.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
I disagree. I mean, he isn't Kobe Bryant, but if you look at his numbers the beginning of last season and the one before that, he was a monster in steals, having various games of 3-4 steals. Then came the injury last year and the frustration of playing with the Blazers loaded at the swing position with Outlaw, Martell, Batum, Roy, Bayless.. and his numbers went south.

But he has exactly what we're lacking right now: a young 2guard with size, huge upside that can get steals, run the lanes and fill it up from beyond the arc.

Chandler's not gonna get it done from the 2spot. He plays better at the 3 and even 4spot, and we are obviously too stacked in those positions right now with players that come before him in the pecking order.

Chandler for Fernandez? would do it in a heartbeat if the Blazers are that foolish.

I don't know. I just don't see it. Chandler is taller, he's a couple of years younger, he has better career averages, he is a better defender, and he is much more versatile (can potentially play the 2,3, or 4). Other than Fernandez being a much better natural shooter, what advantage does he really have over Chandler? The only two issues with Chander right now are A) His best position by far is the 3 and that happens to be where Gallo is most effective, B) he has needed anke surgery in 2 straight offseasons.

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Agreed.

Why does everyone just assume a player from Europe doesn't play defense? It's really annoying. He's not a lock-down defender but he's not bad either.

As someone stated above that Fernandez is overvalued in KOL, I also think Chandler is overvalued here too. What value does Chandler really have? I don't get it. Hence, why Portland said we don't have anything they want.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
I think he's just as much overrated as Chandler is. He's definitly an upgrade over WC at the 2, because he's a better ballhandler & shooter and would be a better fit to play alongside STAT.

oh, I totally agree that he is a much better SG. But I think Chandler is the better overall player. The main thing that is hurting Chandler right now is that he's a natural 3 and that is definately Gallo's best position.

Toons

is the Bo$$
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OQJIe8WSfGU&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OQJIe8WSfGU&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Thread Closed

Toons

is the Bo$$
Rudy is better than Chandler, especially in this system.

I rather have Garcia thought who plays more defense and can shoot.

you may have a point about it being ''in this system'' (which i cant say because i have not seen rudy play here or in a similar system). Chandler is more talented, and more valuable than rudy. people were only rushing to trade wilson, ONLY, ONLY, ONLY, if the team took eddy curry with him. That speaks volumes for wilson and his nba trade value. A team would have to take a bloated contract for a full season with no productivity to get our prized chandler.

iSaYughh

Starter
In a vacuum, Chandler is better and more valuable than Rudy. But Metro has been preaching Rudy's merits in our team and system for a while, and I think he's more correct than ever with our recent moves.

A key difference being overlooked is that Rudy is a 2. An actual shooting guard.

Chandler can play the 2, but he isn't a legit 2.

His primary position is one we are loaded at, and even his combo ability to rotate into the 2 is negated some by our trade for AR-47, Turiaf, and Azzy.

It does seem like we should still get better value; especially if there is any legitimacy to Chandler being instrumental in a blockbuster trade.

Felton
Rudy
Gallo
AR-47
Amare

Is kind if a ridiculous starting 5. Mismatches much. Still that way without Rudy tho...most athletic and physically freakish starting rotations in the league.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Rudy Fernandez is overrated on KOL.

Rudy Fernandez is a Shooting Guard, that cant shoot. He shot an abysmal 38% from the field in 62 games playing 23 mins per. He is streaky from beyond the arc. He never passes the ball, only averaging 2 assist per game (he drives with his head down) , 2 rebounds per game, and he barely misses having a whole number for steals averaging 0.9 per game.

I WOULD HATE TO SEE THAT CHEESY TWO HANDED DUNK IN THE GARDEN.

Rudy is a good role player, but definitely not what the knicks need.

At shooting guard, last year chandler shot 48% from the field.

so, its safe to say, chandler is a better shooter than rudy

i know chandler barely shoots 30% from 3, but if he took less 3's, he would be shooting over 50% at shooting guard.