Isola Tweets: Knicks - Rudy Fernandez

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
In a vacuum, Chandler is better and more valuable than Rudy. But Metro has been preaching Rudy's merits in our team and system for a while, and I think he's more correct than ever with our recent moves.

A key difference being overlooked is that Rudy is a 2. An actual shooting guard.

Chandler can play the 2, but he isn't a legit 2.

His primary position is one we are loaded at, and even his combo ability to rotate into the 2 is negated some by our trade for AR-47, Turiaf, and Azzy.

It does seem like we should still get better value; especially if there is any legitimacy to Chandler being instrumental in a blockbuster trade.

Felton
Rudy
Gallo
AR-47
Amare

Is kind if a ridiculous starting 5. Mismatches much. Still that way without Rudy tho...most athletic and physically freakish starting rotations in the league.

Not overlooked by me . . . I have mentioned it twice already.

Having said that, I agree with your premise of us having the most freakishly athletic starting lineup in the league either way. The only other thing I'd add though, is that I doubt Stoudemire is going to start at Center based on all of the big men we have brought in. I would think they would be looking to start him at the 4, which is clearly his better position. (Then again, he has had good success at the 5 before)

Last edited:

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
yeah, the article in the other thread (the one about Eddy Curry being told he will not receive playing time) mentions that Stoudemire has been assured he will be used at Power forward, as opposed to Center.

Toons

is the Bo$$
In a vacuum, Chandler is better and more valuable than Rudy. But Metro has been preaching Rudy's merits in our team and system for a while, and I think he's more correct than ever with our recent moves.

A key difference being overlooked is that Rudy is a 2. An actual shooting guard.

Chandler can play the 2, but he isn't a legit 2.

His primary position is one we are loaded at, and even his combo ability to rotate into the 2 is negated some by our trade for AR-47, Turiaf, and Azzy.

It does seem like we should still get better value; especially if there is any legitimacy to Chandler being instrumental in a blockbuster trade.

Felton
Rudy
Gallo
AR-47
Amare

Is kind if a ridiculous starting 5. Mismatches much. Still that way without Rudy tho...most athletic and physically freakish starting rotations in the league.

Felton
Azubuike
Gallinari
Amare
Randolph

yeah yeah, i heard the arguements againt anthony at the 5, but look at it, its a bigger mismatch for us. we can run opponents centers into exhaustion, then go big

Chandler
Gallo
Amare
Randolph
Mozgov

Felton
Azubuike
Gallinari
Amare
Randolph

yeah yeah, i heard the arguements againt anthony at the 5, but look at it, its a bigger mismatch for us. we can run opponents centers into exhaustion, then go big

Chandler
Gallo
Amare
Randolph
Mozgov

Wheres the pg in this lineup..

portega1968

El Cacique
Fernandez gets steals.

But steals are hardly indicative of a player's ability on defense.

??????hardly indicative????????

maybe not the only indicator, maybe not the best indicator, but definitely it's a defensive statistic IMO

anyways, I recognize that Chandler is a better overall player than Rudy, but we need Rudy's game at the 2 right now more than what we get from Chandler at the 2.

Toons

is the Bo$$
its not a STARTING 5, coaches try many combinations in games, gallo can play pt fw, and chandler can play more of a combo guard. and in a halfcourt system, i was thinking posting and dominating inside after we already have a lead after running n gunning

Toons

is the Bo$$
what does rudy fernandez do as a shooting guard, that makes him bettter than wilson chandler at shootign guard?

portega1968

El Cacique
what does rudy fernandez do as a shooting guard, that makes him bettter than wilson chandler at shootign guard?

Chandler (career totals):
182 career games @31.5 minutes per game avg.
3points made = 152 (.308 avg.)
freethrow% = .779
steals = .73 per game
assists = 1.9 per game

Fernandez (career totals):
140 career games @24.5 minutes per game avg.
3points made = 257 (.387 avg.)
freethrow% = .851
steals = .94 per game
assists = 2.0 per game

Chandler total minutes = 5,733
Fernandez total minutes = 3,430

In 2,000 less minutes (more or less 40 games), Fernandez has made 100 more 3pointers. Also, he gets more steals, is a better free throw shooter and gets more assists, thats why I think he's a better 2guard than Chandler.

Chandler's better numbers in blocks, rebounds and fg% make him a better fit for the 3spot.

Spin it any way you want, but Fernandez is what we need at the 2 over Chandler, case closed.