Report: Eddy Curry Will Not Play

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Report: Eddy Curry Will Not Play For Knicks

The agent for Timofey Mozgov was reportedly told that Eddy Curry, who is in the final season of his contract, will not receive playing time with the Knicks.

Mosgov's agent said that his client was guaranteed a spot on the Knicks' roster, as the backup to center Ronnie Turiaf.

Amar'e Stoudemire, whom the Knicks signed to a maximum-salary contract as a free agent, was apparently assured that he will be used in his natural position at power forward.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a.../report_eddy_curry_will_not_play_for_knicks/#

I kind of doubt they would say this but I also don't doubt that Curry won't play at all. Who knows. I think we're going to have to buy out Curry anyway.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Maybe the Russian misunderstood. He's playing behind Turiaf, not that Turiaf is the starter and Mozgov is the backup.

I don't know. This report doesn't seem very factual, to me.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
First, we don't know Curry's conditon right now, and no one can guarantee a spot to anyone, they must earn it!
Of course, the odds are against Eddy, and I don't think that Turiaf is the right man to start as center, he's very energetic and a great defender, but he is better off the bench, to play 15-20mn a game and bring some energy to the team, that's it.

moneyg

Starter
curry didnt show up to vegas because he upset that the knicks have turiaf jerome jordan and the russian at center and amare will play center about 10 minutes a game.. he wondering where he will fit in..

i guess he expects us to trust that he will actually contributed this year like we trusted him the last two season...this guy is a CLOWN...the nerve...:smokin:

iSaYughh

Starter
Umm. I pray to god this isn't true.

Amare assured he will be playing the 4?

AR-47 better be our starting 5 then.

Or else Randolph is getting relegated to a backup and we have a quasi starter starting in Turiaf...

moneyg

Starter
Umm. I pray to god this isn't true.

Amare assured he will be playing the 4?

AR-47 better be our starting 5 then.

Or else Randolph is getting relegated to a backup and we have a quasi starter starting in Turiaf...

the only two people that will start at center is turiaf or the russian... aight

randolph is not a center..he will get abused.. he a good perimeter defender and a weak side defender.. but on the post straight up.. he will get murdered.. ok... amare will play the 4 mostly... but will give at least 10 minutes at center.. thats a guarantee..

iSaYughh

Starter
the only two people that will start at center is turiaf or the russian... aight

randolph is not a center..he will get abused.. he a good perimeter defender and a weak side defender.. but on the post straight up.. he will get murdered.. ok... amare will play the 4 mostly... but will give at least 10 minutes at center.. thats a guarantee..

Exactly my point. AR is a perfect 4 right now. Amare is a proven, all-star able 5.

Now we get to see Randolph come off the bench in a system where d'ant already runs a tight rotation.

All while a Russian rookie and a energy backup 4/5 in turiaf start at C.

Kiyaman

Legend
Ha ha ha funny Thread.

I mention that Curry wont get any playingtime the day we signed Damntoni.
Eddy Curry knew he was'nt going to get any playingtime under Damntoni.

Marbury was a fool to think he was going to get playingtime under Damntoni.
But Marbury was wise to play his cards right by accepting coming off the bench to get all of his last season money.

Dont get me wrong I like Turiaf grit in the paint.
But lets lay down facts Turiaf is a tier-3 PF.
The best way to explain Turiaf talent level is
Turiaf would make a decent backup to have if Haslem got injured.
Those that know Haslem overall talent knows what I am getting at.

tiger0330

Legend
If you thought Harrington bad mouthed D'Antoni wait until Curry gets let go. His NBA career is probably over if he doesn't get some court time next year, Jerome James didn't play for several years and he's done, same thing will happen to Curry.

portega1968

El Cacique
how can Curry play if he has to spend half his time in courts and the other half running away from creditors?

if he ran down the court half as fast as he runs away from a collector, or even 10% of how he runs after a Big Mac, he'd be leaving Stat in the dust!!!

him not playing is very good news IMO... I doubt he will ever make it back as a starter in the NBA ever again.

GRIM REAPER

Rookie
how can Curry play if he has to spend half his time in courts and the other half running away from creditors?

if he ran down the court half as fast as he runs away from a collector, or even 10% of how he runs after a Big Mac, he'd be leaving Stat in the dust!!!

him not playing is very good news IMO... I doubt he will ever make it back as a starter in the NBA ever again.

curry is threw he is a repeat of yao ming but instead of the amount of time spent injured translate that to being BENCHED!

jrogalav

Rookie
Fire Mike D'antoni

:agreed:HIS PLAYERS DON'T RESPECT HIM.

HE DOESN'T KNOW DEFENSE.

HE TREATS HIS PLAYERS LIKE CRAP.

moneyg

Starter
I'm hoping the big man can play still. Turiaf at C? Uh-oh.

turiaf is gonna play center....as long as you have an athletic pf ala STAT or AR nexr to him.. he can put a body on the opposing center and get weakside help.. thats what he is good at.. he a strong dude...if ben wallace can play center so can turiaf.. :smokin:

DubsinNY

Rookie
Turiaf at C, he'll only get about 18-25 mins a game or so otherwise his play will drop off. With Amare's 10 mins, the left overs are for the Mosgov and the other guy, maybe AR. This seems fair. Randolph will be 6th man of the year for sure if he's relegated to bench. He'll probably be playing a little of everything pf, c, and sf. I just hope he'll get around 30 mins a game...

smokes

Huge Member
If you thought Harrington bad mouthed D'Antoni wait until Curry gets let go. His NBA career is probably over if he doesn't get some court time next year, Jerome James didn't play for several years and he's done, same thing will happen to Curry.

True that but can't really blame that on coach D can he? He did get very minimal PT last year and managed to injure himself AGAIN. Also offcourt issues he's just useless all round. :boohoo: