• Yes

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 54.5%

• Total voters

jzero29

Rotation player
I voted no...but maybe wrong

I voted no...talent wise he's not. Not even our worst contract. Jerome james is by far the worst knick ever. he played practicaly no games. He wouldn't even have half a season of games played over his contract. All he ever had was 2 good games in the playoffs and Isaih thought he was a lock. Curry at least produced for us for 1 season as the featured player in offense with an upside if he hustled on defense which we only saw a couple times.
Now looking back and seeingthe damage he's done to our franchise off court. Not by his antics, for the most part I think he was well behaved. Except that stunt when he alledgedly showed the chauffer his shaft. But by the info about maybe trading him for cap space and having room for 3. Not to mention, the draft pics we gave up for him. Probably one of the worst signings ever. Marbury, bad trade gave up to much for him, but he was productive until Isiah put the clamps on him. Curry had the worst work ethics ever.
All that said, I do think he was mishandled last year. the guy bust his ass in offseason, comes in after losing a ton, yes he wasn't in game shape, but coach D should have let him try and play into shape a little. Not like we were winning the championship last year. Especially the second half of season where there was room for him to get some minutes. Might have made it a little easier to trade. I mean I get what Coach D was trying to do...and I agree with the ethics behind it, you work hard you play. But this is far from those times in sports. A guy like curry maybe had an inflated sense of worth and thought he deserved to start. The 2 egos didn't fit, just like nate and Coach D. Maybe he plays well this year early if at all, and we can trade him and an extra player or 2 for an extra star quality player. But the addition of Turiac bodes against that.

New New York

Quiet Storm
as much as I hate the fact that his contract is probably what kept us from a jackpot Free Agency and the fact that he has all the skill in the world to dominate in this league but has no desire at all to be that good....I must say we have see worst!

1.Jerome James
2.Eric Anderson
3.EDDY CURRY
4.Shandon Anderson/Howard Eisly (forever connected in wackness!)
5.Luc Longley (was supposed to fill the void that was left when Pat was traded)

Paul1355

All Star
there have been guys liek Maciej lampey who never played and we picked high and guys that were horrible busts like Michael Sweetney(8th pick)

but Curry tops it because of his laziness, injury history due to him being ove weight, and that his contract has killed us for years and was at its worst when we needed cap space the most.

If Curry was gone last year we could have had 3 max spots, that could have easily enticed James, Amare and another big name to come here like a Brandon Haywood.

jzero29

Rotation player
on the level.

Lebron, the only way he was coming here is if wade and bosch came, He knew he wanted to play with those 2, When the heat made their pitch to be able to get all 3, and bosch and wade signed, he was sold. He only had to come to terms with leaving Clevland.
Wade wouldn't have left Miami for NY. Chances were very slim.

But we do have the challenge of makeing a team that can compete with the favored heat. Not just a competitive team that makes playoffs and loses every year to the heat, Knicks and jordans Bulls. But we need to be on that level. We need lebron, wade and bosch level talent. while I like amare better then Bosch, We need. A guard like wade and forward like lebron are few and far above anything out there. Best player, probably chris paul and carmelo would be close to the big 3 of miami.

Because felton will never be on that top player list, his signing was terrible. It makes us more competetive, but not on the level of miami, and it may not hinder us from landing carmelo in offseason, it hinders us from getting melo and having room for paul. If we can somehow sign and trade for paul, and get ride of feltons 7-8mil, we may be able to have room for carmelo.

ps. i didn't count lampe or weis because they never played a game for the knicks, never made the roster.
Sweetney was good for us when he played here, showed potential, but then got lazy with chicago. Jerome did top my list as worst knick

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
he's close but i said no because of JEROME JAMES...smh...
But if there was a "is isaiah thomas the worst knick ever" thread... that would definitely a yes. But idk if the GM/Coach is considered a "knick"

metrocard

Legend
Lebron, the only way he was coming here is if wade and bosch came, He knew he wanted to play with those 2, When the heat made their pitch to be able to get all 3, and bosch and wade signed, he was sold. He only had to come to terms with leaving Clevland.
Wade wouldn't have left Miami for NY. Chances were very slim.

But we do have the challenge of makeing a team that can compete with the favored heat. Not just a competitive team that makes playoffs and loses every year to the heat, Knicks and jordans Bulls. But we need to be on that level. We need lebron, wade and bosch level talent. while I like amare better then Bosch, We need. A guard like wade and forward like lebron are few and far above anything out there. Best player, probably chris paul and carmelo would be close to the big 3 of miami.

Because felton will never be on that top player list, his signing was terrible. It makes us more competetive, but not on the level of miami, and it may not hinder us from landing carmelo in offseason, it hinders us from getting melo and having room for paul. If we can somehow sign and trade for paul, and get ride of feltons 7-8mil, we may be able to have room for carmelo.

ps. i didn't count lampe or weis because they never played a game for the knicks, never made the roster.
Sweetney was good for us when he played here, showed potential, but then got lazy with chicago. Jerome did top my list as worst knick

Shut up.
Shut up.

Miami hasn't even played a game yet.
You don't know whats going to happen this season; injuries, trades etc.
Don't write the season and close the book already.

and Eddy Curry is the WORST contract, in terms of what we gave up for him and what he gave to the Knicks...its a total negative +/-.

dave2138

Rotation player
Eddie Curry cost us the #2 pick in the 2006 draft and single-handed took us out of the Lebron Race. Jerome James was signed when the Knicks were already millions over the cap. He didn't prevent the team from signing anybody else.

Jerome James trumps Edward Curry in every aspect of being the worse instead of maybe some the the longer term problems edward has cost us.

jzero29

Rotation player
wow.

Shut up.
Shut up.

Miami hasn't even played a game yet.
You don't know whats going to happen this season; injuries, trades etc.
Don't write the season and close the book already.

and Eddy Curry is the WORST contract, in terms of what we gave up for him and what he gave to the Knicks...its a total negative +/-.
relax, miami is going to be good. I hope they never win, I'm a knick fan and hate them for chosing miami, but they are going to be good.
Eddie Curry cost us the #2 pick in the 2006 draft and single-handed took us out of the Lebron Race. Jerome James was signed when the Knicks were already millions over the cap. He didn't prevent the team from signing anybody else.
the question was worst knick, which i assumed meant basket ball wise. He was at least productive one year for us. more then jerome james who was not ever once productive in anyway.
as far as the deal that got curry, it was far worse then jeromes. the 2 picks killed us. his contractr sucks more then jeromes in that it was bigger but even being twice as much as jeromes, curry probably was more productive for knicks per dollar including game he did not play in.
my point worst talent-jerome
worst contract and effect on team options- curry

Jerome James trumps Edward Curry in every aspect of being the worse instead of maybe some the the longer term problems edward has cost us.
exactly as a player he was the worst.
Frederick Weis has to be up there too....lol

He hurt us for years from a far...
he actually helped us clear sallary cap space for 2 max contracts. we traded his rights to someone, maybe houston to help us get t-mac who's contract expired,

iSaYughh

Starter
No.

Jerome James is not the worst.

He rode the bench for a few years when we were shit regardless and ate up a MLE exception contract along with his happy meals.

It's one of, maybe the, most stupid and laughable contracts ever.

But it's not the most disastrous, costly, grave, and consequential.

Curry is the worst Knick of all time. And it's not close.

He may represent the worst sport move I've seen in my lifetime, and reside as the biggest cancer to a franchise that I can think of.

He got paid majer bucks (11M in final year), over a long term contract.

We gave up a 2nd overall and a 5th overall lotto picks.

We sacrificed the development of the team and our vision for years to go along with all this and make him our team.

His supreme, franchise-altering laziness over the years culminated in the absolute disgrace of not getting his shit halfway together when a new contract year looms.

He doesn't even have the class and drive of a typical lazy athlete with greed.

Moreover, and most importantly, it made him impossible to move in what amounted to be the most influential and NBA-altering FA class in history.

An FA offseason which we incidentally, and ironically, spent years of more failure and effort working towards.

To top it off, he likely has more of a passion and commitment to fondling limo driver's man asses than playing basketball as a professional for the New York Knicks.

This isnt really close.

The better question would be whether Curry represents the worse --NBA-- player of all time to a franchise.

Also, the simple fact that Isiah masterminded this should make him persona non grata from the NYK.

That he is still involved in our franchise and could be given even more power and legitimacy is a joke and disgrace. Entirely consistent with Dolan.