Let's take a step back for sec...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I was sitting here wondering how much better our team would be with CP3 instead of Felton + Randolph. Now I understand that Felton can't be traded for CP3 but if we brought in CP3 Felton is most likely gone the minute he is eligible for a trade. That said is CP3 really worth giving up a young tall prospect like AR when we already have a very good PG who might be a star in D'ant's system?

I tend to lean towards getting CP3 but it is not a no brainer and the Knicks need to be careful what else they may give up.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
I know how you feel, I actually feel the same way. We are in a pretty decent spot right now in terms of talent and cap flexability and there is no point to rush into screwing with it. We should take this team into the season unless we get an offer that we can't refuse.

:2cents:

Bunta

Benchwarmer
I have been having similar thoughts, also dumping Felton like that would make us look really bad to other potential free agents in the future.

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
Are you guys crazy? The better the PG the better the players around him become. Cp3 is an elite PG and that is something you need for a winning team.

Blumatic

Rotation player
I dont think there is any such thing as a no brainer unless this is baseball. Its all about building the best team.

CP3 is better that Derek Fisher but would it be better for the Lakers to have CP3 instead of Derek Fisher?

CP3 is better than Bynum but is it worth it.

Gallo is a special player and has a lot of respect from players around the league and he's only entering is second full season. Randolph, I've heard nothing. I know he's a great talent and he may blow me away (pause) but I think that we have some great pieces here.

I dont know what Randoplh is, but he's not Gallo. Gallo keep's a defense honest. When Gallo is open for three I'm sure a lot of you are very confident with that shot. The same you feel when Allan Houston would shoot. Chandler can go. I like him but you can find players like him. Like Patrick Ewing Jr., Bill Walker. Chandler is better than those guys but Chandler does not have a big enough impact on the team to make a difference. Gallo does.

I think nothing happens this summer. CP3 will be a Hornet at the start of the season. The Knicks will know what they have be mid-season and the Hornets will know what will happen.

I say next summer CP3 will be more available. Melo as well.

I like out team team now. I see us as the 2003 -2004 version of the Miami Heat. Young up coming team that wins a first round (we might win b/c of favorable match ups, you never know) and lose in 6 in 2nd round) . Then as the heat traded alot of assets for Shaq, we can do the same for Cp3 and Melo and win rings.

metrocard

Legend
CP3 is MVP talent, and has the ability, talent, skill and maturity to be better than LeBron and Kobe..he isn't even in his prime yet, he's only 25.

CP3 had a major injury to the knee, was out a year (RUSTY) and just had surgery. Are people that blindly optmistic about this dude? No one has seen him play since, but keep dreaming about the player of yester years. He is obviously a different player...how much so...no one knows but him.

Way too risky to have 2 all stars with bum knees ready to be burned out again.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
I know what you mean. But it really depends on the package. I say absolutely not, if Okafor is added. He will make 11.5, 12.5, 13.5 and 14.5 million in the next 4 years.

Other than that, if we keep either Randolph or Gallo, I say make the deal. Felton can potentially be great in our system. And it would be great to see how he plays the first 2 months of the season. But, I don't think that justifies not trading for CP3. It's not like we are trading for a veteran past his prime. CP3 is 25 and in his prime.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
CP3 had a major injury to the knee, was out a year (RUSTY) and just had surgery. Are people that blindly optmistic about this dude? No one has seen him play since, but keep dreaming about the player of yester years. He is obviously a different player...how much so...no one knows but him.

Way too risky to have 2 all stars with bum knees ready to be burned out again.

That is a legitimate concern.

nymaddog

Rookie
KI do not like the idea of trading for Paul at current time because we haven't seen what condition he is in. These injury concerns are very real and should not be overlooked. Put yourselves in Donnie's shoes. Would you feel completely comfortable, knowing what you have to give up both in terms of players and salary, building this team for the long run around not one, but two stars with knee issues? Amar'e with microfracture surgery, and Paul with a torn meniscus.

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
We wait until Dec 15th. That is the earliest we should be thinking about this. In the meantime, go with what we have. I'm excited about what we've got right now.

And as Real NY Baller stated, Paul has just come off surgery and missed practically all of last season. This cannot, nor should not, be overlooked.

By waiting until at least Dec 15th, we can evaluate what we've got and how Paul is playing after missing a year and coming off surgery. Plus, all of our assets become available then. And until then, the cost for Paul is too high. The longer we wait, the longer N.O. becomes desperate and the lower their demands will become.

Until then, lets stop talking about Paul and start talking about actual Knicks. It seems like we've been talking about other team's players for the past three years. It's become tiresome. I like our team and can't wait for the season to get started.

Blumatic

Rotation player
We wait until Dec 15th. That is the earliest we should be thinking about this. In the meantime, go with what we have. I'm excited about what we've got right now.

And as Real NY Baller stated, Paul has just come off surgery and missed practically all of last season. This cannot, nor should not, be overlooked.

By waiting until at least Dec 15th, we can evaluate what we've got and how Paul is playing after missing a year and coming off surgery. Plus, all of our assets become available then. And until then, the cost for Paul is too high. The longer we wait, the longer N.O. becomes desperate and the lower their demands will become.

Until then, lets stop talking about Paul and start talking about actual Knicks. It seems like we've been talking about other team's players for the past three years. It's become tiresome. I like our team and can't wait for the season to get started.

Agreed. I am so excited for this season. I hope we can play .500 ball or better. I just want to be an exciting winning team again. I want to see lots of defense. I think we can even with D'antoni. I think we have better defensive personalities than the Suns of old ever did. I want to see block shots, steals, fastbreak dunks, threes, ball movement and wins. The whole 9 yards baby. LETS GO BABY!!!!!!!

NEW YORK KNICKS 4 LIFE!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcLSc19bf-U

Last edited:

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer

COSIGN... i was about to write basically the same thing... one problem though. Apparently paul said he wont start the season as a hornet...

shaolin

Benchwarmer
I do not like the idea of Paul here what so ever it would destroy the NBA don't stoop to the level of miami

It's not the same thing. Actually, it's extremely different. James, Wade and Bosh were essentially playing everyone, the teams, media, execs and so forth. Many people were misinformed until about the day of his decision. They have been plotting for 2 years. Some say that getting LBJ's effort to get Bosh to agree to the Cleveland trade proposal was just a front to mask their intensions. I believe that.

What has CP3 done to equal that? Nothing! He is requesting a trade to a contender because he doesn't want to waste his prime on a rebuilding team. And since Miami has two legitimate superstars on one team AND an all-star, it was a huge reality check for CP3. I will not win playing for the Hornets.

KBlack25

Starter
What CP3 is doing...and what I am beginning to think other players will start doing...is merely realizing "Hey, if I want to win a championship this decade, I have to pair with at least one other superstar."

CP3, and people who will try and form super-teams in the future are merely acting in reaction to the Miami situation. Miami, LBJ, Wade and Bosh started this whole thing. I don't blame any star player from reacting in the "I need another superstar to be competitive"-fashion.

moneyg

Starter
It's not the same thing. Actually, it's extremely different. James, Wade and Bosh were essentially playing everyone, the teams, media, execs and so forth. Many people were misinformed until about the day of his decision. They have been plotting for 2 years. Some say that getting LBJ's effort to get Bosh to agree to the Cleveland trade proposal was just a front to mask their intensions. I believe that.

What has CP3 done to equal that? Nothing! He is requesting a trade to a contender because he doesn't want to waste his prime on a rebuilding team. And since Miami has two legitimate superstars on one team AND an all-star, it was a huge reality check for CP3. I will not win playing for the Hornets.

so true.. nobody remembers kobe almost traded to the bulls if the bulls were able to keep deng... kobe demanded and they had to do it... there nothin wrong with what paul is doing.. at least he is honest about it...

And now the differetial between good and bad will be the most ever. There will be great teams, then the absolutely putrid teams. No in between. All the stars spread across, say, 7 or 8 teams, and then there's everybody else.

This is the way it will be for the foreseeable future, at least until Stern is forced to somehow step in. And you can thank the Miami Three for this.

Paul1355

All Star
I was sitting here wondering how much better our team would be with CP3 instead of Felton + Randolph. Now I understand that Felton can't be traded for CP3 but if we brought in CP3 Felton is most likely gone the minute he is eligible for a trade. That said is CP3 really worth giving up a young tall prospect like AR when we already have a very good PG who might be a star in D'ant's system?

I tend to lean towards getting CP3 but it is not a no brainer and the Knicks need to be careful what else they may give up.
Felton might be a star?

You are very optimistic, I think if your going to put hopes and dreams into a scenerio, do it with Chris Paul being the star and not Felton.

Sure Felton will average beter numbers and be a huge improvement over Chris Dunothing, but passing up on Paul because you think Raymond Felton will be a star is ludicrous.

Randolph has to stay healthy and your really not thinking about how devastating a Paul/Amare combo would be. Picture the same thing with Nash and Amare only this version of Nash is more athletic, a better scorer, and has better court vision and is in his prime.

If your optimistic about anything, look at what Nash and Amare did in Phoenix last playoffs and imagine if it was a healthy Chris Paul instead with Mike D's offense as the strategy....the optimism is far greater with Paul.