I_THOMAS is back, and it might get us Chris Paul?

mafra

Legend
New Orleans new GM has history with Thomas.... COuld this be our break to get CP3?

(theknicksblog.com)

Zeke the Power Broker?

By Tommy Dee on Jul 23, 2010, 3:50 pm
Update 4:54

Kay says a source said that had Isiah been part of the discussions Lebron likely would have chosen NY. Also, Isiah isn?t being considered as GM because of PR hit.

LeBatardShow

Dan LeBatard Show

No joke- inside source telling us that Isiah Thomas flew into Ocean City, NJ airport today & met w/ highest levels of Knicks management.

So Michael Kay has jumped on the Isiah stuff and here?s what we know. Dell Demps was given a significant promotion by Isiah Thomas in 2004. What I don?t understand is how he can broker any deal here. Demps answers to ownership. The Knicks, with or without Isiah, can propose a pretty strong offer. I understand the relationship with the owner, what I don?t understand is this need for Isiah because of his relationship the younger generation of players. Stephen A. Smith, and now Michael Kay, have both now stated that the thought is Zeke has ?influence over the young African American players? in today?s NBA.

Kay said Paul has modeled his game after Isiah. CP3 was literally 3 Isiah was winning rings. And there is no evidence that Paul has ever said he wanted to be Isiah 2.0, actually 3.0 after Marbury, anywhere.

Essentially somewhere, someone is trying to re-establish Isiah as a ?power broker? or is trying to make Isiah look good for helping the Knicks specifically with Amar?e.

It?s pretty clear, to me, that person is none other than the owner.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Frankly as long as Isiah isn't allowed to make signings or trades he'd probably not be the worst personnel guy out there

He'd be especially valuable on draft night and if this article carries any salt to it he'd probably be pretty valuable as a negotiator.

But we don't want him to be RUNNING the show. This is DONNIE'S show...

mafra

Legend
Amen. Let him be Executive Prez & Vice Admiral to the Owner, or something quirky like that.

Walsh is GM. Houston his GM-in-waiting.

Away-we-go!

If it helps us get Paul, especially with keeping Curry and Gallo. Hey now....

LOL if Isiah was involved, LBJ would've came here? Really, because Wade, Bosh, and James had this shit planned in Beijing. Please.

Don't insult Donnie Walsh like that. If Isiah was here then the Knicks wouldn't even be in a position to sign a free agent this summer. Just stop mentioning this clown, he has no future here or anywhere else in the NBA. Stern will see to it.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I can't believe we're actually talking about Isiah coming back to New York. I don't understand how people can be so forgetful. The same thing with all of these people saying how they wish Bush was back as president. The worst GM in Knicks history and the worst president in US history and people want them back. What the f#@k is going on?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
1. Bush isn't quite the worst president in US history, but that's a debate for another time.
2. Isiah would be useful if he weren't a GM. Like it or not he was a good drafter. Five bucks says he would've taken Lopez and Jennings

mafra

Legend
I can't believe we're actually talking about Isiah coming back to New York. I don't understand how people can be so forgetful. The same thing with all of these people saying how they wish Bush was back as president. The worst GM in Knicks history and the worst president in US history and people want them back. What the f#@k is going on?

Thomas was a clown. We all know that. If I never heard his name again, it wouldn't bother me one bit.

BUT, the bigger issue is.... OUR OWNER is a friggin' chump. What can we do? If he wants IT back (and it appears he does in some capacity) then we have to swallow it.

I'll save my anger for Dolan.... B/C he's the dumbest owner in sports.

Also, if IT returns as a glorified advisor, with no control other than yapping to Dolan, and it means we get Chris Paul.... I'll be too happy for Paul-STAT to worry about IT being back.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
1. Bush isn't quite the worst president in US history, but that's a debate for another time.
2. Isiah would be useful if he weren't a GM. Like it or not he was a good drafter. Five bucks says he would've taken Lopez and Jennings

Actually, no...he would've taken Eric Gordon. He is an overrated drafter. He had one really good pick and that was David Lee. The rest were mediocre to poor.

Are we living in bizarro world? What is going on here? Doesn't anybody remember how f#@king bad the Isiah days were?

Are you one of those people that thinks Bush did a good job too?

th3realicon

Rotation player
The only reason Isiah IS going to be brought back is because he is still on salary. That is not IF it is the gruesome reality.

Mark my words Isiah will be brought back with a tittle other than GM but he will be deep into the mix.

mafra

Legend
Actually, no...he would've taken Eric Gordon. He is an overrated drafter. He had one really good pick and that was David Lee. The rest were mediocre to poor.

Are we living in bizarro world? What is going on here? Doesn't anybody remember how f#@king bad the Isiah days were?

Bush-Kerry are related; same with Cheney-Obama. It seems we haven't had a real leader since Teddy.

Allthose clowns are jokes, behooven to special interests (spox for corporate-occupied Wash D-C).

At least with BUSH, people expected the worst.... Most danger comes when you think the guy in office actually cares (given benefit of doubt).

they should give zeke the scouting,player assessment job that allan houston has right now,he isnt as bad as we take em,his only draw back was coaching,contracts and the sexual rumors.he has a good mind but i feel he went power crazy.he to his core is a mastermind scouter and can find busts and the guy knows how to draft,the team we had mind you were a mini all star squad but didnt gel and had personal issues.
curry,marbury,randolph,crawford,balkman,frye,ariza,nate those guys if coached right couldve went to the 2nd round and more in the playoffs.we had loads of talent but overpaid ones.The knicks suked with him there but the moves and drafts he did are what anyone wouldve done with a franchise that is stuggling so much.the guy should never be a gm but a scouter,drafter,player development but mostly only on scouting because thats what he excels at.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star

Uh...so you think.

Whom did Isiah draft that was such a bad pick? He's managed to get excellent talent out of the late round picks. His only bad pick was Renaldo Balkman, and every GM messes up once in a while.

I remember how bad the Isiah days were better than anybody. But it wasn't because of Isiah's drafting. It was because of Isiah's trades and signings. If he doesn't get to decide on that, then he's shown himself to be pretty damn good at finding talent especially later in the draft. He found Trevor Ariza, for example.

And with regards to Bush, you don't have to think Bush did a good job to know that he's FAR from being the worst President we've ever had. Have you not heard of a man named James Buchanan? A dude who pretty much sat there and let the Civil War happen? That's way worse than anything Bush's done.

mafra

Legend
Here's something else worth remembering: The Associated Press reported that Paul is scheduled to meet on Monday with new general manager Dell Demps and new head coach Monty Williams. Both Demps and Williams once worked for the Knicks as a scout and player respectively.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks/2010/07/knicks-must-go-for-broke-to-ge.html#ixzz0uZS88aig

I read that Thomas promoted Demps. Let's hope these two cats left on good terms with Dolan.

MIN sent BOS GArnett (Mchale ex-BOS) and MEM sent LAL GAsol (West ex-LAL), so there is a certain symmetry here./.

Let it be the Knicks now getting a favor from a former employee. All things equal, or at least all things sort of equal, why not help out their old Boss (unless there exists bad blood.... gulp).

Enter Thomas?

I'm positive we would have to eat Okafor's bad contract. We must accept that. We'll lose Randolph. Probably Chandler as well. Maybe Turiaf, maybe not?

I bet we can keep Gallo though!

NO can send Paul to the Eastern Conference. They can "sorta" stick it to him b/c they wouldn't send him to POR or ORL (instant contenders).

They get a young player with potential, a productive wing player and CAP RELIEF.

Knicks get to start:

Paul (Felton, Douglas)
Azubuike (Walker)
Gallo (Fields)
Amar'e (Ewing Jr)
Okafor (Mozgov, Jordan)

Pretty good. Probably not better than simply waiting for PArker & Melo next year, but one in the hand is alwasy better than 2 in the bush.

Make it happen. If Paul is traded, it's going to be NY.

Stern doesn't wantthe 2 best teams in the East to be in FLA. He wants to get NY relevant. Spread the wealth. New brain trust in NO have ties to NY.

Let's go!

It's incomprehendable to me how people still want Isiah Thomas around in ANY capacity whatsoever. Do you not remember what being a Knicks fan was like 3-7 years ago?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
And again, what were his worst moves?

TRADES and SIGNINGS.

If he's not given the authority to make decisions, he's pretty harmless.

And face it if Isiah could somehow bring CP3 over to NY then it's worth bringing him on as an assistant.

But it's his image in general. When you think of Isiah Thomas you think of the destruction of a franchise. His name is tarnished.

Donnie is a proven winner. I'm sure he will be able to chalk up a deal and do a good deal of schmoozing, the ladder of which is basically what Isiah's potential job would be.

Walsh has executed his job very very well to this point and does not need Isiah's dirty hands touching his product. I understand the eye for talent. I understand the relationships he has. But Isiah Thomas logic defies my logic and your logic. The risk is far greater than the reward.

Paul1355

All Star
New Orleans new GM has history with Thomas.... COuld this be our break to get CP3?

(theknicksblog.com)

Zeke the Power Broker?

By Tommy Dee on Jul 23, 2010, 3:50 pm
Update 4:54

Kay says a source said that had Isiah been part of the discussions Lebron likely would have chosen NY. Also, Isiah isn?t being considered as GM because of PR hit.

LeBatardShow

Dan LeBatard Show

No joke- inside source telling us that Isiah Thomas flew into Ocean City, NJ airport today & met w/ highest levels of Knicks management.

So Michael Kay has jumped on the Isiah stuff and here?s what we know. Dell Demps was given a significant promotion by Isiah Thomas in 2004. What I don?t understand is how he can broker any deal here. Demps answers to ownership. The Knicks, with or without Isiah, can propose a pretty strong offer. I understand the relationship with the owner, what I don?t understand is this need for Isiah because of his relationship the younger generation of players. Stephen A. Smith, and now Michael Kay, have both now stated that the thought is Zeke has ?influence over the young African American players? in today?s NBA.

Kay said Paul has modeled his game after Isiah. CP3 was literally 3 Isiah was winning rings. And there is no evidence that Paul has ever said he wanted to be Isiah 2.0, actually 3.0 after Marbury, anywhere.

Essentially somewhere, someone is trying to re-establish Isiah as a ?power broker? or is trying to make Isiah look good for helping the Knicks specifically with Amar?e.

It?s pretty clear, to me, that person is none other than the owner.
I want Isiah gone and even to hear his name in GM rumors makes me sick to my stomach.

If he becomes the next GM, Ill prob stop watching the Knicks.

If he stays as a recruiter/scout Ill be fine with that. IF Dolan wants his boyfriend by his side then do it behind the scenes.

And if Isiah really convinces players to come here, then let him try out his charm.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
It is amazing that thomas' name is still being dropped. I swear, he must have something on Dolan . . . like incriminating photos of Dolan with a teen girl in his wallet?

:barf:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Dolan having any faith in this guy is extremely troubling to me.

I just can't believe our owner is this retarded!! ***K!!

mafra

Legend
Phew! I think Hahn is saying that this whole entire fiasco (IT returning) is nothing more than an adolescent attempt from Thomas to worm his way back into the picture. He's leaking these stories. Simple as that. They have no merit.

Like Iago.... Thomas is trying to undermine Walsh in some way, to get back into the game- and rewrite history now that NYK has potential & cap freedom.

He probably sees a weakened Walsh, and is trying to go for the kill. Dispicable!

I'm with y'all. If he does return.... EVER.... in any position other than scout, advisor, friend of Dolan.... than I am outta here.