A Thread For Not Paying Attention To Chris Paul's Whiny Ass Right*Now

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
Irritating.* Goddammit.* I just got through with the last superstar foot-kissing fest.

Listen, I understand Chris Paul is a great player and that he's disappointed with the direction the Hornets have gone in over the past few years.*But I just don't want to take the bait here.

Why not, you say.* Let me lay it out for ya.

1. Chris Paul is under contract through 2012.* He signed it.* No one held a gun to his head.* Now, he looks at LeBron going to make beautiful music with a couple of other all stars.* And he's like 'Waaaaaahh, trade me or else!'

Or else what?* You're going to stomp up and down?* Play like sh!t on purpose?* Call your teammates scrubs?* Oh, you've already done that, but rather than maning up and doing it out in the open, you sent the message out through your entourage.* Nice.

You took a risk and signed a big deal for guaranteed millions.* You don't like what the Hornets management has done.* Well, you ****ed up, kid.* Make the best of it.* Don't expect me to do rolling out a red carpet for you and trading all my good young players and sucking up to you with LeBronesque attention.

2. Raymond Felton is a pretty good point guard.* Lets see what he can do before we relegate him to a backup behind Mr. Whiny.* In fact, lets see what all these guys can do before we go salivating over some other guy.* I think it sends the wrong message - to our guys.* And to the kids.* What about the kids?

3. I'm sorry, I just don't buy this so-called conventional wisdom that the only way to win a title is to get some 'big 3' together.* In fact, it makes me sick to think about it.* Teams win.* That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I know that in general, if you have a chance to get a transcendant player like Chris Paul, you've got to lose the attachment you might have to guys on your team that maybe aren't quite as good.* But right now?* This is really bad timing.* Chris Paul thinks he's going to be traded by the beginning of the season?* So did Carlos Boozer last year.* Just sayin'.* I hope New Orleans tells him to **** off.* I want to see what Felton and the Knicks can do.* I say we wait.

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Irritating.* Goddammit.* I just got through with the last superstar foot-kissing fest.

Listen, I understand Chris Paul is a great player and that he's disappointed with the direction the Hornets have gone in over the past few years.*But I just don't want to take the bait here.

1. Chris Paul is under contract through 2012.* He signed it.* No one held a gun to his head.* Now, he looks at LeBron going to make beautiful music with a couple of other all stars.* And he's like 'Waaaaaahh, trade me or else!'

Or else what?* You're going to stomp up and down?* Play like sh!t on purpose?* Call your teammates scrubs?* Oh, you've already done that, but rather than maning up and doing it out in the open, you sent the message out through your entourage.* Nice.

You took a risk and signed a big deal for guaranteed millions.* You don't like what the Hornets management has done.* Well, you ****ed up, kid.* Make the best of it.* Don't expect me to do rolling out a red carpet for you and trading all my good young players and sucking up to you with LeBronesque attention.

2. Raymond Felton is a pretty good point guard.* Lets see what he can do before we relegate him to a backup behind Mr. Whiny.* In fact, lets see what all these guys can do before we go salivating over some other guy.* I think it sends the wrong message - to our guys.* And to the kids.* What about the kids?

3. I'm sorry, I just don't buy this so-called conventional wisdom that the only way to win a title is to get some 'big 3' together.* In fact, it makes me sick to think about it.* Teams win.* That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I know that in general, if you have a chance to get a transcendant player like Chris Paul, you've got to lose the attachment you might have to guys on your team that maybe aren't quite as good.* But right now?* This is really bad timing.* Chris Paul thinks he's going to be traded by the beginning of the season?* So did Carlos Boozer last year.* Just sayin'.* I hope New Orleans tells him to **** off.* I want to see what Felton and the Knicks can do.* I say we wait.

Exactly.

We are the New York Knicks we dont need to kisss nobodys assess.

And We need to let Chris Paul, LBJ, and everyone that this is NY. They have to come chasing us..

Danilo

Benchwarmer
I'd rather wait till next yr and try to sign carmelo, if we do we can try to trade some package around gallo to trade for ricky rubio. I 100% realize this is a dream and probably wont happen...

Rubio/ Felton/ Rautins
Azubuike/ Walker
Carmelo/Fields
Amare/ someone
Randolph/ Mozgov/ Jordan

... but I can dream

Like it or not, if the Knicks have even a remote chance of getting him they will try.

I think you will change your toon if the deal actually does happen.

New New York

Quiet Storm
co-sighn

Paul does not have the leverage to get a trade done! He can demand a trade....The Hornets can/will just simply tell him flat out no and he is going to have to play out his contract.

I really like Chris Paul, but I don't want us waiting around for a players for two years, Felton is not even in the same class as Paul but we are no longer starved for a PG so lets keep it movin!

dre48ny

Rotation player
This is a little different cause CP3 clearly is interested in the NYK as opposed to LeBron who was going to the HEAT months ago. Lebron was just ****ing around with the league. We finallly have a legitimate star in STAT, i don't think he would try to come if we had Lee ( no offense to Lee cause he's awesome, just doesnt get that superstar status)

If it happens I will not lie I would be happy. If it doesn't well we acquired a good PG.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer

I say no!!!! Chris Paul aint no dummy, thats why he wants to get out. If he goes on the Knicks without us giving up to much where golden. I don't agree with any of that logic and you look to far into it!

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
I think it's amazing That a few days ago everyone was pumped beyond belief about this year?s roster. Then one of Chris Paul?s friends drops a rumor and people come out of the woodwork trying to get CP3 in orange and blue. I, for one, am much more excited to see how our chillins play together this year, to see Amar?e in the paint, to see TD barking out orders and to see AR getting everyone in MSG wet with joy. Not to mention the Cock. If it means giving up AR, Gallo, and TD just to get Paul and Okafor, count me out.Let?s see what this Knicks team can do first.

shaolin

Benchwarmer

1. Sure, he signed it then. It doesn't mean he cannot change his mind. People sign 2-year contract with a cell phone provider. it doesn't mean they cannot be unhappy with the service or ask to terminate and sign elsewhere. Things change - including people's options/feelings/thoughts.

2. I think Felton will surprise most people. I don't mind keeping our team intact the way it is. But CP3 is unbelievable. LOL!

3. You are right. We do not need a big three. And another "big three" is not needed to win a championship, but it sure does help. It also depends on the other players and the system.

I also agree that this is bad timing, but sometimes timing is outside our control. When an opportunity like this presents itself, you have to at least try to see if you can get a player like CP3. If it is too costly, then you can give the Hornets a big :****off: and keep the pieces we have and let them grow this season. Keep in mind that our oldest player is Amar'e. He is ONLY 27. Now that is promising.

I think we are in good shape either way. Felton is probably a borderline top 10 PG. I think I'll rank him ahead of Mo' Williams and maybe just behind someone like Aaron Brooks. I think he is capable of what he has shown in Brown's system. Randolph probably needs a good 30-40 games to get acclimated to D'Antoni's system and to his teammates. Gallo should improve. And the Knicks should make the playoffs.

mafra

Legend
I concur. There's only one way we get Paul, and that's if Demps pulls a West-Mchale and simply hooks up his old boss. Why not sell 70 cents on the dollar to NY (hook up his former boss) instead of selling for 85 cents just to give him to someone else?

I'm sure we tried to get Paul while we had cap room, but let's remember that was with a different GM. Demps is the wild card here. He could hook us up. If he's forced to trade Paul.... He might prefer to send him to NYC.

If we can get Paul for Randolph, Douglas, Turiaf & either Chandler or Azubuike (along with draft picks).... This is the only way it makes sense.

We keep Gallo & Curry. Thus, we can still be in the MELO game. We also would have Felton to trade for a piece of the puzzle come later this season.

Otherwise, what's the point? Any other scenario has us gut our roster AND give away our cap freedom for the near future. Paul-Stat is good but not enough.

AND.... I'm tired of all these clowns using NY as a chip to drive up prices.... Tired of being used and being the butt of jokes across the NBA landscape.

If Paul wants to come to NY, make it happen with DEMPS.

ALSO, I'm not saying I don't want Paul, or that I prefer to wait for Parker and Melo next year.... I doubt it happens. But I just prefer to go with youth while preserving cap freedom. We just got under the cap.... why bury ourselves.

PLUS, unlike Lebron.... MELO & PArker would welcome the pressure of NY and both have high-profile spouses who want to live here.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I've lost a lot of respect for CP3. I'm a fan of the Knicks and the Hornets since the 90s so I know how it feels to be a Hornets fan in this situation, and being a fan of both, at this point, if he doesn't want to man up for the Hornets, then I don't want him on the Knicks. I want somebody doesn't whine for a trade. In some ways this is worse than what LeBron did. He left when his contract came up, the ESPN thing was the only bad thing (which is pretty bad, but yeah). It's disrespectful to your current teammates. David West is a pretty good player too, been around a while, you don't see him complaining.

CP3 needs to grow up. He made the choice for signing an extension with the Hornets. He complained about Scott being fired when he wasn't helping the team. The team doesn't revolve around him. Franchise player? Yeah. Only important player? No.

I much rather let Felton have a chance. He deserves room to grow. He didn't turn his back on the Bobcats. He made a respectful choice to change teams after his contract is over.

Paul, you're rich, you wanna win? Go except a ton of less money and join the Lakers or something.

miked1958

Rotation player
As much as I would want him to come here. I have to say I hope New Orleans Make him honor his contract obligation. I mean he signed a deal and has to more years left. NBA or any other player in another major sport cant just decide they dont want to be somewhere and demand to be traded. It can happen to us someday. If this is allowed it will wreck the NBA and other sports. What if you sign a contract with your employer and 2 yrs prior to it running out you want it redone or want to go to another company. Its simple in the business world this would not be allowed. i want the knicks to improve as much as the next guy but lets wait till 2011 fa market and try for melo and not give up on a bunch of young talent that is actually HAPPEN to be in NY and want to build a winning team

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Also, we're talking about Amar'e and Paul, two guys with a few injuries within the last few years. They haven't shown the worst sign of more injuries to come, but it's also something to consider.

mafra

Legend
Paul bends to King James? rule

Chris Paul had come into the NBA with so much of Kevin Durant?s pureness of purpose: humble, grateful, still the kid who worked summers pumping gas and changing tires at his grandfather?s gas station in North Carolina. He constructed himself a reputation of values and character, and separated himself in all the best ways.

He should stay on course to be his generation?s Tim Duncan, but that no longer appeals to Paul. He?s veered the wrong way, into the wrong clutches. Bad enough that LeBron James damaged his own standing in the sport this summer, he wants to take down Chris Paul with him too.

James, his business manager Maverick Carter and powerbroker William Wesley have far too much influence over Paul?s career, and they?re running it right out of the sunshine and into darkness. They?re using Paul as a commodity to elevate their clout, to show how they can take a player with no contractual leverage and muscle him out of New Orleans.

What they don?t care about ? and maybe don?t understand ? is that Paul built such a beautiful, unique relationship with the city of New Orleans. He?s been so truly invested there, a beacon and ambassador in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Yet, the James gang see these bonds as disposable and they?re convincing Paul of it, too.

In a Twitter pronouncement on Thursday, King James declared, ?Best of luck to my brother [Chris Paul] ? Do what?s best for You and your family.?

James was referencing Paul?s half-baked trade request that?s come through Worldwide Wes. Do what?s best for your family? Here?s an idea: What Paul ought to do is run away from James, Wesley, Carter and not stop moving until he?s returned to New Orleans and reaffirmed the obligations he?s made there. No, this isn?t a championship team, but a franchise player reveals himself in good times and bad.

What?s best for Paul?s family is best for everyone?s family in the NBA. It needs James to restrict the polluting onto others of his own warped value system. James plays for the Miami Heat, but somehow he wants control of transactions elsewhere, too. He wants the building of these so-called super teams to protect his own legacy, to make it look like he isn?t the only superstar searching for the easy way to championships.

Wesley has been running around for months trying to orchestrate a trade for Paul, and the packages he proposes are beyond comical. He doesn?t even know half the names of players on the rosters. CAA should take a long look in the mirror, and ask itself what kind of outfit it?s turned into with Wes running basketball operations.

Wes is a full-service middleman now: players, coaches and general managers. He has long orchestrated deals for players and coaches, but through CAA he?s also in the GM business now. Worldwide Wes was responsible for Oklahoma City Thunder executive Rich Cho getting hired as the Portland Trail Blazers? GM. Now, Portland is one more franchise under the impression that Wes can broker a trade for Paul.

Before New Orleans hired Dell Demps as GM, Wes was asking people: Who is that guy? Now, Wesley and CAA will try to overrun the young, inexperienced Demps and coach Monty Williams with a trade demand. CAA does have a list of preferred teams, and Demps? first act as GM should simply be to take the list and tear it up. Paul has two years left on his contract and no leverage unless the Hornets are foolish enough to relinquish it.

Paul is a first-team All-NBA talent, and you don?t trade those players. All the proposed deals for him bring back the same thing for New Orleans: far less value. Five nickels don?t add up to a quarter in basketball trades.

All this saga promises to do is cast Paul as an insolent star, and James? group as the ultimate powerbrokers. Paul doesn?t want to hear this, but they?re preying on his insecurities. They?re using him.

In Paul?s earliest days with Team USA, officials preferred Deron Williams to him because they believed Williams was far more his own man. No one liked the way Paul was so eager to follow James, Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade. These changes haven?t come overnight with Paul, but over time. James, Carter and Wesley embarked on a long, orchestrated campaign to work Paul over, unfasten him from past loyalties and trusts, and transform him into a creation of their own.

And he?s let them, for no other reason than it seems Chris Paul believes this is somehow the path that will convince people that he belongs with the sport?s biggest stars. He could?ve stayed true to himself and elevated his standing, and now they?re dragging him down with them. Everyone else embraced Paul for an All-American image, for a wholesomeness, and it feels like he?s rejected it all now.

Chris Paul doesn?t need LeBron and Maverick and Wes. They need him. For their operation, Paul represents credibility. He?s always been better than this, and he needs to be again. As much as ever, the NBA needs Chris Paul to be true to his upbringing and character. Commitment always mattered to him, and it still should with the Hornets.

After all this bluster comes and goes this summer, and the Hornets don?t trade him, he still has to return to play there. All his brand new business partners have made that so much harder for him. He saved the NBA in New Orleans, and now it?s time he saves something else before it?s too late. His reputation, his good name.

All the advice that Chris Paul has ever needed out of LeBron James came calling in less than 140 characters on Thursday. Do what?s best for you and your family. Before it?s too late, Chris Paul needs to think for himself and respond with the best move of a brilliant young career: Turn around, go home and leave King James and his court of jesters far, far behind.

Adrian Wojnarowski is the NBA columnist for Yahoo! Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-paulfuture072310

Like it or not, if the Knicks have even a remote chance of getting him they will try.

I think you will change your toon if the deal actually does happen.

haha exactly everyone who is against it is just thinking of the bad things that can happen but soon as cp3 arrives "o wow i always wanted him here,now we can win!"

skisloper

Starter
Guys lets not be foolish.
Remember Paul wants to come to NY.
He is a kick-ass player and will be an all-star for the next 5 years.

In order to not Take Okafur's Contract we may have to
trade Randolph, Gallo and Douglas.

If thats the case does Donnie do it or Not ?

My vote is NO.

Danilo

Benchwarmer
I see Gallo and Randolph as guys that will be on at least one allstar team each if not more. I see Felton as an above average pg. Id rather have two all star reserve kinda guys and an above average starter going forward than an allstar starter playing with a bunch of average guys.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
haha exactly everyone who is against it is just thinking of the bad things that can happen but soon as cp3 arrives "o wow i always wanted him here,now we can win!"

Exactly, ty Malik. They'll make wee-wee in their pants has soon as it his the news wire. Lol ... I will too :thumbsup:

th3realicon

Rotation player
If we don't pay attention to CP3 and Melo signs a contract extension with the Nuggents than what is left other than go with what we currently have?