I do not understand why most THREADS in this FORUM are about other players, teams ..

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Please, can someone, an admin or someone stop the threads about Chris Paul, Lebron James, Miami Heat, and all other players/teams that are not named New York Knicks.

We have an upgraded roster now, and an organisation who has done a lot in the past couple of years. Lets look forward to that. We have enough topics/players (of our own) to talk about.

Why should we talk about Chris Paul? So he can use the Knicks like Lebron did, and then let them down for FLORIDA ;) **** outta heree. And besides being from New York, being a KNICK fan is an HONOR, and PRIVILEGE.

So if Paul wants to come to NY, let him come but we must not spoil all of these players talking about them all day, like we cannot wait for them to be here... **** THEM AGAIN. AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.

compared to the New York Knicks they are NOBODY ( who ever wore the Knick Jersey and whoever wears it in the future should be HONORED ).

Again, I think our young players have potential to become that good that they will at least take us to Conference semifinals every year. :)

So lets talk about them, focus in this team that we have, and talk about what the coach and the technical staff can do to make this team play its best basketball.

:gony:

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Maybe a lot of us Knicks followers are sick and tired of seeing losing basketball for the last 10 years and want change. No offense but with their current Roster they would be lucky to sneak into an 8th seed into the playoffs. I was never that high on Felton and didn't really like that pickup. Amar'e though has been pretty solid the past few years is still injury prone, Curry is fat and sucks, Galo is very soft defensively and doesn't draw enough fouls on offense...

shaolin

Benchwarmer
It's not like none of those threads are not at all related to NYK. They all are. Some posters like talking about rumors and speculations. Let's be frank, sports news mostly deals with rumors during the off season. There were multiple threads about all the new players. Even the Russian center got some love. There were threads dedicated to mixed videos containing the likes of Felton, Randolph and others.

It's really the nature of the off-season. And couple that with the biggest FA market in the history of the NBA, and of course it is going to gather interest. But, keep in mind that all of these threads are related to the Knicks' future, and how these rumors can better, or worsen, the Knicks' roster and chances of improving.

The way I see it, it's always been about :gony:

WrongIslander

Rotation player
For change to happen you have to commit to it. We've made a change now let's play it out and get behind this team.

If Gallo or Randolph go anywhere we're just sending the message to young talent that we can't develop them and they'renothing but trade bait.

You NEED your bench and your youth and for them to be important you need to believe in them.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Chris Paul's not coming to the Knicks.

I don't get why people obsess so much over big names.

The Knicks already have Raymond Felton. Felton is a proven point guard. He ran the point in Charlotte and got to the playoffs. He's capable of putting up 15 points, 7 assists, and 4 rebounds. And he can dunk.

Teams led by great point guards never win championships. Isiah Thomas is the only exception.

Fu(k Chris Paul. He's a b!tc# anyway. He always has attitude problems, when he gets interviewed, and he seems just as much of a jackass as Mike D'Antoni.

And he's a crybaby. He's making 14 million a year in New Orleans, and he's whining cause he wants to win a championship. Not everyone can win a championship. Get over it.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Chris Paul's not coming to the Knicks.

I don't get why people obsess so much over big names.

The Knicks already have Raymond Felton. Felton is a proven point guard. He ran the point in Charlotte and got to the playoffs. He's capable of putting up 15 points, 5 assists, and 4 rebounds. And he can dunk.

Teams led by great point guards never win championships. Isiah Thomas is the only exception.

Fu(k Chris Paul. He's a b!tc# anyway. He always has attitude problems, when he gets interviewed, and he seems just as much of a jackass as Mike D'Antoni.

And he's a crybaby. He's making 14 million a year in New Orleans, and he's whining cause he wants to win a championship. Not everyone can win a championship. Get over it.

I agree I don't think he is coming to the Knicks either, but after 10 years of disaster as a Knicks fan, is it okay to dream for Amar'e/Paul/Melo for the 2011 season?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
It's not like none of those threads are not at all related to NYK. They all are. Some posters like talking about rumors and speculations. Let's be frank, sports news mostly deals with rumors during the off season. There were multiple threads about all the new players. Even the Russian center got some love. There were threads dedicated to mixed videos containing the likes of Felton, Randolph and others.

It's really the nature of the off-season. And couple that with the biggest FA market in the history of the NBA, and of course it is going to gather interest. But, keep in mind that all of these threads are related to the Knicks' future, and how these rumors can better, or worsen, the Knicks' roster and chances of improving.

The way I see it, it's always been about :gony:

I agree. The reason we have been talking about teams and players outside of the Knicks is because trades and free agency involves other teams and players other than our own. Also because the prospect of getting a great player from another team is exciting. I like to share in that excitement w others, hence my involvement on this forum. It's fun for some of us, even if we're ultimately dissappointed.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I agree I don't think he is coming to the Knicks either, but after 10 years of disaster as a Knicks fan, is it okay to dream for Amar'e/Paul/Melo for the 2011 season?

The problem with the Amare/Paul/Melo fantasy is that it's fake.

Plus, I would rather build a team like the one the Knicks have now. The team isn't swarmed with big name players, but the team still has good players that can get the job done.

Felton's a quality point guard. Much better than Duhon, Rodriguez, and Douglas.

Amare Stoudemire is better than David Lee. Lee had to get into the All Star game as an injury replacement, and it took him 5 years to average 20+ points. Stoudemire's been averaging 20+ points since he was born.

Anthony Randolph has the potential to be an 18+ point, 8+ rebound, 2+ block player. D'Antoni is sadly going to slow down his development, since all he cares about is playing people who can shoot 3s and get lots of steals. But once Randolph plays, he will get better.

Wilson Chandler, Kelenna Azubuike, Ronny Turiaf and Danilo Gallinari are good role players. Gallinari can shoot 3s, Chandler is a solid all around player, Azubuike can shoot at a high percentage from almost anywhere on the court, and Turiaf can play defense and hustles.

The only weak point is the coach. D'Antoni is one of the biggest a$$holes in the NBA; he talks about players behind their backs and to the media, he likes to play favorites with his lineups and puts players he dislikes in doghouses, and he sucks at setting up plays, especially in crunch time.

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
The problem with the Amare/Paul/Melo fantasy is that it's fake.

Plus, I would rather build a team like the one the Knicks have now. The team isn't swarmed with big name players, but the team still has good players that can get the job done.

Felton's a quality point guard. Much better than Duhon, Rodriguez, and Douglas.

Amare Stoudemire is better than David Lee. Lee had to get into the All Star game as an injury replacement, and it took him 5 years to average 20+ points. Stoudemire's been averaging 20+ points since he was born.

Anthony Randolph has the potential to be an 18+ point, 8+ rebound, 2+ block player. D'Antoni is sadly going to slow down his development, since all he cares about is playing people who can shoot 3s and get lots of steals. But once Randolph plays, he will get better.

Wilson Chandler, Kelenna Azubuike, Ronny Turiaf and Danilo Gallinari are good role players. Gallinari can shoot 3s, Chandler is a solid all around player, Azubuike can shoot at a high percentage from almost anywhere on the court, and Turiaf can play defense and hustles.

The only weak point is the coach. D'Antoni is one of the biggest a$$holes in the NBA; he talks about players behind their backs and to the media, he likes to play favorites with his lineups and puts players he dislikes in doghouses, and he sucks at setting up plays, especially in crunch time.

LIKE LIKE :afro:

JayJ44

Starter
Totally agree, the media knows people will listen to them if they spew out crap about a big name wanting to change teams. What I don't believe, is that people can keep talking about it without getting bored of the same story.

Because there is nothing really to talk about in NY(basketball). All of the big name players are making impressive fine adjustments else where in the league.... While NY gets one star player who's health is suspect, and a bunch of kids who will need more gelling than Jell-o.

Kiyaman

Legend
Totally agree, the media knows people will listen to them if they spew out crap about a big name wanting to change teams. What I don't believe, is that people can keep talking about it without getting bored of the same story.

:agreed::agreed::agreed:

The CP3 story has been enlarged and spit out constantly by Knicks owner James Dolan newspaper "Newsday".
USA News had one article of CP3 selecting 4 to 5 teams to be traded to.

Why should we talk about Chris Paul? So he can use the Knicks like Lebron
did, and then let them down for FLORIDA ;) **** outta heree. And besides
being from New York, being a KNICK fan is an HONOR, and PRIVILEGE.

CP3 does not see a winning future in N.O Hornets organization doing less
than nothing throughout this big FA summer by being apart of some of the
big trades being move. CP3 asking to be traded will set the
new N.O. management/coaching into motion to make 1 or 2 trades before the
end of the offseason.

Lebron James never went public making any indication directly or
indirectly of going to New York.
Donnie Walsh put the notion of Lebron being a Knick (in the heads of
Knick fans/NBA fans/media) during his opening speech of getting the
Knicks president job 2008.
If u and a million other "SUCKERS" fell for Walsh Bullshit opening speech
thats on u. u shouldve did the math on Walsh 20 year record.

AlboKnickFan.....for u to make this thread and write a sentence,
"So he can use the Knicks like Lebron did, and then let them down for FLORIDA"
makes u one of the top members in this forum writing about the
next team players.
u must be (2 years) tired of the foolishness of playing fantasy NBA
with the the real NBA.
:gony: