Just get me Crawford and Swift!

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
If we get Crawford and Swift by dealing away Sweetney,Williams and Houston...

PG Stephan Marbury
SG Jamal Crawford
SF Tim Thomas
PF Stromile Swift
C Nazr Mohammad

JJtheKnick

Starter
i agree with you for once. i think sweetney is going to become big one day. his rebonding is very good. sweetney is going to develop in to a superstar

kevin

Benchwarmer
Yea Sweetney is the future of this team, even though I love FW I think if we can get a good player by packaging him then do it. But if Frank stays I would love to see him take some of houstons minutes if hes not healthy. Sweetney should be starting next year unless Shareef or another big name takes that spot.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
we was about to deal frank for darius miles when he was in clevland but im not shure who was the general manager at that time

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
yeahhh, Swift & Crawford the players we must get!!!!

Thank you, CommonSense. You guys thought Charlie Ward would become a great PG. I agree Sweetney would be great. But at that age and his weight, you can't rely on him to be your guy for the next 10 years. But he does have the skills. Frank is a backup PG at best. With Crawford and Swift you get potential all stars. Marbury will make these guys optimize their ability with his court leadership. That's the key. These guys would fit alongside Marbury. Frank would be on the bench and Sweetney to me is very good and can be a star in this league. But he lacks the work ethic in the off seasons.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I'm sure that the Knicks are working on Sweetney this offseason, to bring him down in weight a bit. I love this guy's game, if he could become more athletic, he would be an animal in the paint and perimeter. I'm confident that the Knicks coaching staff has that in mind and will put him on a weightlifting program over the summer, they'd be stupid not to.

I don't think the Knicks should trade Frank Williams or Sweetney, but if NY could only keep one of them, I'd hold on to Sweets, he has better potential. Lets say that Frank Williams gets traded with one or two others Knicks for Crawford and/or Swift. I wouldn't think twice about it. I happen to like Crawford alot, and think he has the best attributes, that would compliment Marbury. Swift is also a good compliment to Marbury. Bottom line is the Knicks shouldn't consider getting rid of Sweetney, no way, I would unload Tim Thomas (not that I want to see him get traded) before I would let this guy go.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
No team should need to tell any of their players to work-off weight in their off season. And definately not at this stage of someone career. Sweetney reminds me of Shawn Kemp. I love them both but their work ethic sucks. We can't babysit Sweetney. We need to trade him while he still has value.

WiL8000

Rotation player
Of course they should tell a player to lose weight, or to condition themselves. And if not at this stage of his career, then when? Sweetney is young, now's the time to build a good work ethic, so that when he is older, he won't get injured as easily. Look at Houston, the guy is in shape, he got injured, could you imagine if he was out of shape? Houston would have suffered from injuries earlier in his career and more often. If coaching staffs around the NBA didn't stay on top of players' conditioning, some of the players would look like Charles Barkley. Bottom line, if Sweetney was in top form, he would be able to showcase his talent in a way no one could have predicted. He should not be involved in a trade for Crawford or Swift. I'd like for the Knicks to get them (Crawford and Swift), but not at the cost of losing Sweetney.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Bottom line, if Sweetney was in top form, he would be able to showcase his talent in a way no one could have predicted. He should not be involved in a trade for Crawford or Swift. I'd like for the Knicks to get them (Crawford and Swift), but not at the cost of losing Sweetney.

You're insane! Think from a GM perspective. You paying a guy who's a rookie millions of dollars to play a professional sport and he comes in 30 pounds over weight. And now you expect him to get in sphe when he's told to do so AND sustain that weight? And hello, have you seen A. Houston's old clips. A.H. is definately over-weight. Great players will at the least begin their career, before the big contract in great shape. If we don't trade the twinkie-boy now we'll lose out on getting something for him.

JJtheKnick

Starter
sweetney is that kind of player that will take a couple of years until we see what he can really do. remember he is still a rookie

WiL8000

Rotation player
Hey nycefnl, then why do the Knicks have a training staff? They should fire them and save the $$$... You act like 30lbs is an impossible weight to lose and keep off. I would agree with you if Sweetney was alot heavier than that. But we need youth on this team to back up the older guys when their wheels run thin. Crawford and Swift are great for that, but keep Sweets in the mix as well, that would be a good young squad. :lol:

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Ok. But if it comes down to Sweetney going for a trade for Crawford and/or Swift don't you think we must do it? I'd love to retain Sweetney myself. I'm simply trying to be realistic and practical and offer someone with some value. Let's all remember we need to offer some of our people who have value.

i like crawford as well and i think hes going to be a special player one day but personally i would much rather see Quentin Richardson in a Knick uniform next season......i just think him and steph would be crazy