Gallo and Randolph may go..

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
After taking a look at our salary cap numbers and that of NO, I'm fairly confident a deal for Paul will happen eventually. It will ofcourse have to involve Okafor.

Being in a rebuilding mode, they will want to get his salary off their books badly. We will have to do the Curry swap w Okafor, then piece together the players to make the salaries match up. They need to get what they can for Paul since he wants out and we have the right mix of players to help them create cap space and rebuild.

Do I think Paul is worth Gallo, Randolph and Curry? Yes.. Will we need to give them that combo of players to make the deal happen? Maybe. As bad as it sounds to most of you, when all of the chips are down, if this is what NO wants for Paul, Donnie may pull the trigger.

If we gave them:

Curry
AR
Gallo
Azzy
Douglas
..and cash

Our starting lineup would look something like this:

Paul
Walker
Chandler
STAT
Okafor

Bench: Felton, Fields, Rautins, Mozgof, Ewing Jr. and Jordan

Remember there is no guarantee either Gallo and AR will be as good as we all hope. Paul is already great, and young. We'd still be pretty darn good and very athletic without Gallo and AR. I realize that Walker as a starter is a bit scary, but when Paul was on NO he had Morris Peterson in the back court with him. Peterson spotted up for threes, never drove, and played mediocre defense. Can Walker out play Peterson in the backcourt w Paul? I think he can.

Start getting ready, cause a deal involving both of the belovedz might actually happen.

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Gutting our team is not worth Paul. Walker as our starting SG?!? That lineup is awful and worse than what we've got now.

Danilo

Benchwarmer
This is exactly the kind of deal I DONT want to make. Im sick of the get rich quick schemes from marbury to curry to crawford that have been our plan for the last decade. Lebron came and passed so its time to actually rebuild. I'll gladly take 2 more years of insignificance for a decade of relevance.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
Gutting our team is not worth Paul. Walker as our starting SG?!? That lineup is awful and worse than what we've got now.

Rebounding potential goes from "very good, possibly great" to "mediocre at best"

Shotblocking potential goes from "awesome" to "nonexistant"

Shooting guard depth goes from "weak" to "putrid"

Overall frontcourt potential goes from "tremendous" to "good"

Yeah, no thanks.

Paul1355

All Star
The best PG and a top 3 PF teaming up with good young wing players in Walker and Chandler with a solid Center in Okafor is worse than our young lineup????

What?

I dont want to trade Gallo and especially Randolph but we should do anything to get Chris Paul to team with Amare.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Can we please give Felton a chance.

FINALLY, someone else said( i know a few others have said this but i dont know all at the top of my head and for that i apologize ) but seriously people Felton is lightning quick definitely one of the fastest guys in the league, and playing in charlotte where they've played a half court system since he arrived he hasnt gotten the chance to showcase what he can do yet, and he's still only 25 so he'll still get better he's still 2-3 years from his peak. given the system he's playing in his numbers WILL get better i guarantee that, once he stretches his legs a bit he'll be on the rise. i'd rather have him as my PG and go after Melo( but not rely on melo ). im expecting 18 and 8 from Felton.

Paul1355

All Star
I agree that, starting line up looks worse than what we have now
thats like saying Steve Nash is not the catalyst on the Suns team.

People wake up, Chris Paul averaged 11 assists per season in his career!

He can score over 20 ppg, rebound atleast 3-4 and get you over 2 steals. He is as dynamic as any super star in the game.

Pair him with Amare and you can start talking about a Championship contender, just look at how good the Suns were with Nash and Amare, Paul is better than Nash in every category, which means Amare will be much better.

And every other player will excel and play at their highest level.

I agree that I want to see how Felton does, but Chris Paul is THE BEST, Felton is not. It's like we are pulling the Chris Duhon card when he first came here saying he is going to be great in Mike D's system. We dont know, the only gurantee is that Paul would make Amare thebest PF in basketball and we would be a much better team.

Hearing that Donnie backed down on the deal would make me furious, if Donnie has a chance to get Paul he will do it.

petescud

Starter
I 'd like for us to evaluate what we have before pulling the trigger, unless its a no brainer. I think Donnie is wise enough not to include Curry as he wants a shot at Carmello.....Paul is great but without a ace SG we will still be an early exit playoff team if i;m right

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Paul is better than Nash in every aspect? Really? Better shooter? Paul is a great player and he might have a better career, but to say that now is wrong imo.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Bad idea! Giving up both Gallo and Randolph, AND picking up Okafor's contract? No thanks.

If we had Duhon as our starter, I would definitely consider it. Felton could surprise. He is far, far better than Duhon offensively and even more so defensively. Felton is a solid top 8 PG. I understand getting a top 2 PG is ideal, especially Amare, but Felton is a pure PG. Paul just had knee surgery as well.

We lose youth and cap flexibility. It took us years to get to this point. We had no trading assets or ability to sign quality FAs and had few draft picks to sign quality young players. The ability for us to go after what we are missing next year based on our biggest need is most important. Besides, Paul will start this season with the Hornets. Let's be patient.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
After taking a look at our salary cap numbers and that of NO, I'm fairly confident a deal for Paul will happen eventually. It will ofcourse have to involve Okafor.

Being in a rebuilding mode, they will want to get his salary off their books badly. We will have to do the Curry swap w Okafor, then piece together the players to make the salaries match up. They need to get what they can for Paul since he wants out and we have the right mix of players to help them create cap space and rebuild.

Do I think Paul is worth Gallo, Randolph and Curry? Yes.. Will we need to give them that combo of players to make the deal happen? Maybe. As bad as it sounds to most of you, when all of the chips are down, if this is what NO wants for Paul, Donnie may pull the trigger.

If we gave them:

Curry
AR
Gallo
Azzy
Douglas
..and cash

Paul
Walker
Chandler
STAT
Okafor

Remember there is no guarantee either Gallo and AR will be as good as we all hope. Paul is already great, and young. We'd still be pretty darn good and very athletic without Gallo and AR. I realize that Walker as a starter is a bit scary, but when Paul was on NO he had Morris Peterson in the back court with him. Peterson spotted up for threes, never drove, and played mediocre defense. Can Walker out play Peterson in the backcourt w Paul? I think he can.

Start getting ready, cause a deal involving both of the belovedz might actually happen.

You and I are def in the minority on these boards, but I would pull the trigger in a heart beat to get Chris Paul. Chris Paul at least is a proven pg if not the best pg in the league, what has Galo, Chandler and Randolph proved? Absolutely nothing... I'm more concerned about ruining the cap situation more than trading away these players. Picking up Okafur's contract hurts, but I would still do it. I don't want to wait another 2-5 years to be good, I want to win right now, and I think getting Paul before the season starts or at the trade deadline will allow the Knicks to make a run at the championship. I'm not completely convinced that the team around them right now is a playoff contender.

i would absolutely love to get chris paul, but i honestly lost so much faith in us getting the "next big three"..if he's going anywhere but new orleans (which i can't see him staying there past december) would be orlando or portland those are the two places that make most sense. They have alot more to offer than we do, sure, we may have great young talent that are becoming rising stars so we should really start getting used to felton as our starting point guard

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer

If we gave them:

Curry
AR
Gallo
Azzy
Douglas
..and cash

Paul
Walker
Chandler
STAT
Okafor

You realize that Azzy and AR can't be traded as a part of the same package until December 15th right?

Do you think Paul will stay on the market for that long? If he is traded at all, it will be when NO starts the season off in the toilet. We don't have enough assets to trade, nor do I want to trade that assets that we DO have now. PASS.

Let's stop worrying about potential blockbusters and root for this young and exciting product that we are putting on the court come November. MSG hasn't been sold out like this in years! I know I'm excited. Chris Paul can s*** my d*** as of now.

Blas

Benchwarmer
Wasn't Gilbert Arena a proven Commodity?

Wasn't Marbury a proven Commodity?

Wasn't Antonio McDyess a proven Commodity?

Those are just three examples to my point. Those three did not pan out for various reasons.

And before you start saying Gilbert and McDyess had a injury history, so does Paul.

Also, notice it isn't a normal trend for a GM to gut their team to acquire a star. It is usually the team that is trading the star that gets the shaft. Why would we go against that trend? Why pull the trigger to get rid of good amount of our young talent, our expiring, and absorb a horrid contract in the process?

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I have no idea why people want to trade a team that has the potential to be much like OKC the past two seasons, for a big name that hasn't been able to bring a ring to the team he's currently with. He didn't win there, why recreate a similar team here? (the only difference is STAT's offensive numbers are a little better than West's)

When NO had a healthy Peja, West, and Chandler they won something like 56 games and made a decent playoff run. Then Chandler and Peja get hit with injuries the next season and suddenly the team isn't quite as dynamic. The difference there wasn't CP3, it was the team dynamic created by Paul, West, Peja, and Chandler all on the court at the same time.

Right now we have Felton, Amar'e, Gallo, and Randolph. We don't even need them all to play at an All-Star level, the mere fact that they're all out there causes all sorts of issues for the defense.

I'm tired of people throwing out big names and stat lines as if that's what wins you a ring. It takes a team to win a ring, and right now we could have something pretty special in terms of the dynamic our guys creates. I'm having a hard time understanding why you'd sacrifice having the defense literally not being able to match up against us, for a few more points and assists from one position? The **** is that?

CP3 is one player. The defense can allow him to go off and take away everyone else, if he gets to the rim off of the pick and roll...so be it, he's not going to single handedly outscore the other team. Don't help off of the wing, and keep Amar'e somewhat bracketed and you have CP3 and our center possibly putting up huge numbers, but we're getting no production from the other spots.

As it is right now, it looks like the defense would dictate where the ball goes and who scores. You can't cover Felton, Gallo, Amar'e, and Randolph, the defense doesn't have enough players on the court at one time to effectively cover all of those guys. We'd shoot through the zone, and murder teams if they're playing man D, switching, or trapping. Someone's going to get theirs. At least that's how it looks on paper right now, so can we see how it goes before we trade half of our team for one player?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
That is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much to give up for a player who is coming off of an injury and is a big defensive liability. Yes, Paul is special and he probably will come back healthy but we have an above average PG in Felton without having to take back insane contracts and lose all our youth. NO THANKS...