STAT is a Jew!?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Now, the fog is clearing, and according to haaretz.com, the Knicks power forward?s trip to Israel comes in light of his learning that his mother is Jewish. As sbnation.com pointed out, this means that Stoudemire is also Jewish.
He seems to be embracing his newly discovered religious roots, as he is quickly picking up on some Hebrew, as he noted in his latest tweet, and has ended each of his last two with ?Shalom.?

I'm not religious but I was born Jewish so this is kinda cool. There are many black Jews especially from Ethiopia so this is not really a shock.

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
I'm not religious but I was born Jewish so this is kinda cool. There are many black Jews especially from Ethiopia so this is not really a shock.

They are saying that he is not Jewish, Happy Walters Amare's agent (Who is also Jewish) said "His mother says there's some Jewish blood on her side, but Amar'e is just a total student of history and had been planning a trip to Israel for awhile."

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf

Acquire Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf from The Kyoto Hannaryz. Jew and Muslim on the same team! Historic! :smokin:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
That's why I like him so much!! Nah, seriously my best friend is Jewish.
I've always shared good vibes with Jewish people, love em.

Paul1355

All Star
on his twitter account he would sometimes throw in some scripture so having the jewish background just makes his christian faith more interesting.

Shalom!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Not to be a d!ck but don't God's chosen people strictly deny that blacks amongst them?

Never heard that from anyone I grew up with. Jews are no more a monolith than any other religion so I'm sure there are portions of any given religion that believes in some stupid shit. Hence why I don't believe in organized religion.

Paul1355

All Star
Not to be a d!ck but don't God's chosen people strictly deny that blacks amongst them?
Maybe secular Jews are racist towards blacks but Messianic Jews...Jews that believe that Jesus is God in the flesh would except a black person the same way they would except a white Jewish man.

There are ethipoian black Jews that have dated back thousands of years. So for a Jew to not allow someone to worship with them because of skin color doesnt seem correct.

I could be wrong I dont have an old testament scripture to back it up, not a big issue...there are black jews.....Amare i believe is a Christian who is just applying the Jewish origin in his faith, like I have a few years ago, he is just finding out how deep his Christian faith really is. Im proud of him.