Melo wont sign Xtension! Bye-bye DEN - Hello MSG!

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
Carmelo is Glen Robinson 2.0.

1) Glenn Robinson averaged 20.7 ppg for his career . . . Not too shabby. In his prime, he was a terrific player.

2) Glenn Robinson's career high for ppg in a season was 23.7 ppg in the 97-98 season. Carmelo has only played 7 seasons and has surpassed that total FIVE TIMES ALREADY (26.5 ppg in 05-06, 28.9 ppg in 06-07, 25.7 ppg in 07-08, 28.2 ppg in 08-09, 24.7 ppg in 09-10) and he's ONLY 26. He probably hasn't even had his best season yet. (Wing players usually have their prime years between the ages of 28-32)

(oh and they both have identical FG% for their careers)

Come on now.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
no friggin way

Carmelo is Glen Robinson 2.0.

Metro, I generally am interested in and agree w your point of view, but I think you've been lead astray w regards to your assessments of Melo.

Although I don't think he makes players around him that much better (his b-ball IQ is a touch overrated), his ability to score is just off the charts ridiculous. Comparing him to Glenn Robinson is like comparing a Porche 911 to a Ford Mustang. Melo is a great player. He's like Karl Malone but in a small forward's build. He makes scoring on NBA level players look easy.

He would be a great addition to the Knicks and I'd love to have him. He'd be more like Benard King 2.0.

metrocard

Legend
Carmelo is Glen Robinson with a little more scoring and turnovers...

Robinson took his team further in the playoffs than Carmelo tho...so they're not that different.

Carmelo has a bad attitude and bad character...he's no good for this team.
Gallinari possesses the ability to hold down the SF spot for 15+ years.
Carmelo is better overall, but our SF position is not broken. I'm not going to give up Gallinari's progression and ability to be great in New York for another LeBron personality player.

Carmelo hasn't played a full NBA season since his rookie season...he's not all that and we don't NEED HIM.

Paul in the other hand is a different story.

jimkcchief88

All Star

Robinson took his team further in the playoffs than Carmelo tho...so they're not that different.

Carmelo is better overall, but our SF position is not broken. I'm not going to give up Gallinari's progression and ability to be great in New York for another LeBron personality player.

Carmelo hasn't played a full NBA season since his rookie season...he's not all that and we don't NEED HIM.

NKO must stand for KNOW KNOTHING ORDER because other than the last sentence, this post is LAUGHABLE. Keep putting this dumb **** in black and white METROTARD. Along with Starbury and Rubio, this goes down on the METROTARD NOT TOP TEN!!! ON CHIEF!!!

Until Gallo shows his SO CALLED POTENTIAL, he should not be mentioned in the same breath as Pierce, Lebron and Mello.

It amazes me how people can see this guys future as if they are looking thru a crystal ball. He really hasn't proven nothing other than having a streaky jump shot, flat feet, and letting players drive past him for dunks and layups. At least some players turn their heads or back before getting posterized.

I know people have their reasons for wanting him to be a true force in the NBA, and I know his age may give him that opportunity. But, as of right now, he is just another average player. People his age or younger came into the league and showed more promise and probably didn't/don't get as much fan fair as the shallow Gallo. I just don't see it...and i'm almost positive he will be the same way this year when all the fresh meat comes in competing for his inherited spot that family friend D'Antonio's so kindly gave him. I can hardly wait to see how much he's work on his game compare to the other teammates he MIGHT be playing along side with.

metrocard

Legend
NKO must stand for KNOW KNOTHING ORDER because other than the last sentence, this post is LAUGHABLE. Keep putting this dumb **** in black and white METROTARD. Along with Starbury and Rubio, this goes down on the METROTARD NOT TOP TEN!!! ON CHIEF!!!

Did anyone understand what Jimmy is trying to say here?

Until Gallo shows his SO CALLED POTENTIAL, he should not be mentioned in the same breath as Pierce, Lebron and Mello.

It amazes me how people can see this guys future as if they are looking thru a crystal ball. He really hasn't proven nothing other than having a streaky jump shot, flat feet, and letting players drive past him for dunks and layups. At least some players turn their heads or back before getting posterized.

I know people have their reasons for wanting him to be a true force in the NBA, and I know his age may give him that opportunity. But, as of right now, he is just another average player. People his age or younger came into the league and showed more promise and probably didn't/don't get as much fan fair as the shallow Gallo. I just don't see it...and i'm almost positive he will be the same way this year when all the fresh meat comes in competing for his inherited spot that family friend D'Antonio's so kindly gave him. I can hardly wait to see how much he's work on his game compare to the other teammates he MIGHT be playing along side with.

Galllo has proven himself so your post is void.

^^Yes, he has proven himself to be exactly what I wrote (prove me wrong with some footage). So maybe you are right about me posting something that was already known.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer

uhm . . . what?

Glenn Robinson played with a young Ray Allen and took the Bucks to the Eastern Conference Finals one season.
Carmelo Anthony played with Chauncy Billups and took the Nuggets to the Western Conference Finals one season.
Can you please provide the other members of this forum with your definition of the word "further"??? lol

edit: I hope you aren't thinking of 2005 when he won a championship with the Spurs as a ride-along roleplayer.

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If Carmelo can play the 2, this team will be one of the best ever come 2012 and some really lucky FA signings.

PG - CP3
SG - Carmelo
SF - Gallo
PF - Amar'e
C - Randolph

Can you just IMAGINE that team?

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Just don't get too carried away with these news about Melo and CP3, we all know that we might not get them.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

I can agree w you about needing Paul more. In the NBA, PG > SF.

Seeing as we already have Gallo, who I like alot, I would definitely rather have CP3. But you and others could prolly already guess that..

Melo is a great player, but as I've said he doesn't make players around him better. Paul raises the level of the players around him. He's a juggernaut and a facilitator for others.

Paul1355

All Star
Unless Denver maeks a big move and gets a good player, I see Melo getting tickets to the first jet out of Denver.

He wants NY like Amare wanted NY.

I see Melo in a Knicks uniform and see him with Gallo and Amare tearing it up.

I'm assuming that Douglas, Chandler, Walker/Azabuke plus Curry's contract get traded for Melo

Possible lineup after Melo trade?:

Felton
Azabuke/Mason
Anthony
Amare
Turiaf

Bench:
Randolph
Gallo
Fields
Mason

That is a GOOD team.

Maybe Melo would start at SG with Gallo at SF which would make us a very tall team but I don't know if Melo is fast enough to be a SG. Who knows but either way we are as good even better than the Magic.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
I can agree w you about needing Paul more. In the NBA, PG > SF.

Seeing as we already have Gallo, who I like alot, I would definitely rather have CP3. But you and others could prolly already guess that..

Melo is a great player, but as I've said he doesn't make players around him better. Paul raises the level of the players around him. He's a juggernaut and a facilitator for others.

Who is Carmelo suppose to make better?

K martin
Jr smith
Chris anderson

That team sucks. They play like retards!!

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
Carmelo Anthony is an elite wing player and the NBA is an elite wing player league.

When is the last time a dominant point guard lead a team to an NBA title? Isiah Thomas and the Pistons in 1989-1990?

When is the last team an NBA championship team featured a hall of fame point guard?? Isiah Thomas again?

Now ask yourself the same questions regarding dominant wing players

mafra

Legend
2 years ago Melo was an absolute beast in the playoffs. A real bull. He almost knocked the Lakers out by himself! He's also won an NCAA title. Dude is a winner!

Surround him with players and he's another asset! Come on folks!

We have the money.... who else to offer it to? Unless Gallo and Randolph like EXPLODE this season and dominate.... Knicks have to bring Melo to MSG.

Paul1355

All Star
2 years ago Melo was an absolute beast in the playoffs. A real bull. He almost knocked the Lakers out by himself! He's also won an NCAA title. Dude is a winner!

Surround him with players and he's another asset! Come on folks!

We have the money.... who else to offer it to? Unless Gallo and Randolph like EXPLODE this season and dominate.... Knicks have to bring Melo to MSG.
good post...you get a rep point

metrocard

Legend
uhm . . . what?

Glenn Robinson played with a young Ray Allen and took the Bucks to the Eastern Conference Finals one season.
Carmelo Anthony played with Chauncy Billups and took the Nuggets to the Western Conference Finals one season.
Can you please provide the other members of this forum with your definition of the word "further"??? lol

edit: I hope you aren't thinking of 2005 when he won a championship with the Spurs as a ride-along roleplayer.

Carmelo had better pieces on his team than Robinson.

Either way, they're not different players so stop acting like they are. Carmelo is Glen Robinson in a high paced offense.

Break out your Spanish-English dictionary so you can figure it out, or I can paypal you a dollar so you can buy a CLUE!!!!!

I'm 100% positive my English and my Spanish outclasses your vocabulary. People in the midwest are known for butchering up the English language into a lot of hick gibberish. I really can't understand you. So try a little harder or ask someone to write your post for you. You talk a lot shit and mindless statements that have no validity or proof. You're the most bias poster on this site. **** Chicago, **** St. Louis, **** Cincinnati, **** Kansas City, **** the Midwest. This is a Knicks forum and its well KNOWN you're a midwest fan and a Chicago Bulls fan (you never bad mouth them or dare to).

Anyway, Carmelo is overrated.

He has had a history of problems and seems like a guy who would get injured or break the law and bring drama and chaos to the franchise. Forget about him. Gallo is our man. Our front court is PERFECT. Randolph provides the rebounding, shot blocking, scoring, passing...Gallo provides the IQ, scoring, shooting, passing, hustle, and Amare provides an all star presence, post scoring, 22-25 ppg.

Mellow has refused to sign the extension and he is very adamant about coming to NY. I can't see the Knicks keeping all the fowards they currently have. If they are smart, they will get rid of Gallo because the NY media has always over expose and over hype NY sports teams and their players (Look at the LEE and Duhon deal and how great that worked out for the knicks and these over rated players). The Knicks brass depends on this fake media hype to boost the popularity of the players, Denver is going to want something in return...so if the media is really doing their job Gallo should look really nice to them.

Mello will be traded because Denver dosen't want to get stuck with nothing. And Mello wants NY badly. Bring in the home town kid and take out the over rated trash.

Dolon has zeke in his ear and D'Antonio and walsh are nervous because they are bringing in has beens and inexperience players. Zeke will get Dolon to push out D'Antonio pet Gallo. The sooner the better because this is Professional basketball, not a family affair.

This might be the best move yet for the knicks this off season.