Melo wont sign Xtension! Bye-bye DEN - Hello MSG!

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
Carmelo had better pieces on his team than Robinson.

Either way, they're not different players so stop acting like they are. Carmelo is Glen Robinson in a high paced offense.

As has been demonstrated numerous times on this board in several recent posts in active threads, Carmelo's averages in the first seven years of his career (Again, he is ONLY 26) shit on Glenn Robinson. Glenn Robinson was an excellent player but Carmelo has a chance to be a 1st ballot hall of fame player. I'm not going to debate this any further with you, as the numbers clearly speak for themselves. You can talk about "pace" all you want, the bottom line is, Carmelo has talent that Glenn Robinson never even dreamed of having.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Who is Carmelo suppose to make better?

K martin
Jr smith
Chris anderson

That team sucks. They play like retards!!

Those guys are precisely who he is supposed to make better. Carmelo lacks the ability currently to utilize the attention he draws to facilitate for others. If he could do that, like say Jordan could and Kobe can, he would make the above role players better. Those guys you listed above are serviceable. Kobe could definitely elevate those guys. Mello should be able to as well, but it's not in his skill set.

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Carmelo Anthony is an elite wing player and the NBA is an elite wing player league.

When is the last time a dominant point guard lead a team to an NBA title? Isiah Thomas and the Pistons in 1989-1990?

When is the last team an NBA championship team featured a hall of fame point guard?? Isiah Thomas again?

Now ask yourself the same questions regarding dominant wing players

Yes but there hasn't been a dominant PG in the league like Isiah Thomas, since CP3. Thomas himself would admit that he was thwarted by the Jordan Era and aging. It wasn't just Thomas on that team though. They had a lot of good players. Guys like Laimbeer, Rodman, Dumars (who could actually guard Jordan somewhat effectively), Mark Aguirre and the "Microwave" Vinnie Johnson coming off the bench. That team was narsty. It all started w Thomas though. He was that great and made the role guys around him that much more effective.

I think Mello will do better in his home town...in a pass the ball to open man system along with Stat,Felton and others.

Kenyon Martin was good at one time but he left his prime days in NJ...with Kid, and Jefferson. Plus he suffers from a knee injury. Mellow is basically alone in Denver...that's if you want to compare them to todays standard of a great team.

Look at it this way...

Boston would have been champs if Artest didn't step up in the final game. Kobe lost his shot and had to resort to rebounding.

A great team needs great players. A team with just one superstar and average players will eventualy wear out in the end...because there's no one else to play the clutch.

Paul1355

All Star
I think Mello will do better in his home town...in a pass the ball to open man system along with Stat,Felton and others.

Kenyon Martin was good at one time but he left his prime days in NJ...with Kid, and Jefferson. Plus he suffers from a knee injury. Mellow is basically alone in Denver...that's if you want to compare them to todays standard of a great team.

Look at it this way...

Boston would have been champs if Artest didn't step up in the final game. Kobe lost his shot and had to resort to rebounding.

A great team needs great players. A team with just one superstar and average players will eventualy wear out in the end...because there's no one else to play the clutch.
marbury wasnt that great in his hometown, but i do think melo would be better on a bigger stage.

metrocard

Legend
As has been demonstrated numerous times on this board in several recent posts in active threads, Carmelo's averages in the first seven years of his career (Again, he is ONLY 26) shit on Glenn Robinson. Glenn Robinson was an excellent player but Carmelo has a chance to be a 1st ballot hall of fame player. I'm not going to debate this any further with you, as the numbers clearly speak for themselves. You can talk about "pace" all you want, the bottom line is, Carmelo has talent that Glenn Robinson never even dreamed of having.

He played in one of the highest paced offenses in the decade.
Nuggets are #3 Behind Phoneix and some other team.
His stats are INFLATED.

You can't debate this with me. I just stated a FACT.

Blah blah blah, talent. Carmelo isn't needed. We already have a talented SF.

Smooth

Benchwarmer
Anyway, Carmelo is overrated.

He has had a history of problems and seems like a guy who would get injured or break the law and bring drama and chaos to the franchise. Forget about him. Gallo is our man.

step away from the keyboard and laydown the pipe!

metrocard

Legend
step away from the keyboard and laydown the pipe!

Gallo is OUR man.

Where the hell are the Knick fans at?

Gallo is capable of giving us 21 ppg a night with 6 rebs and 3 assist...Carmelo would do the same but at 3-6 more points more in total...whats the big deal? Danilo gives us more range and lets people like Randolph play his game. Carmelo doesn't make ANYONE better.

JR Smith, Kenyton Martin are extremely talented players and most likely I would be suprised if they preformed better when Carmelo isn't playing or is injured. That includes Nene too. These are all lottery TALENTS.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Gallo is OUR man.

Gallo is capable of giving us 21 ppg a night with 6 rebs and 3 assist...Carmelo would do the same but at 3-6 more points more in total...whats the big deal? Danilo gives us more range and lets people like Randolph play his game. Carmelo doesn't make ANYONE better.

JR Smith, Kenyton Martin are extremely talented players and most likely I would be suprised if they preformed better when Carmelo isn't playing or is injured. That includes Nene too. These are all lottery TALENTS.

You really raised some eyebrows when you compared Melo to "Big Dog", lol.

That's not an apt comparison in one way. Melo is a much more dynamic scorer than Robinson. But it is a decent comparison in the sense that he doesn't make life easier for his teammates by getting them easy shots.

That said, I agree w you about Gallo. I think he can hold down the 3 position. I also think he will be an All-Star someday.

I personally would be disappointed if we got Melo because he would supplant Gallo in the starting lineup. I don't want to see this cause Gallo is my favorite Knick, I think he has the talent to start, therefore I feel that another SF is not really a big need for us.

I think Gallo is smarter, has more heart, and more accurately embodies that true Knick spirit of gulliness.

He is not better than Melo by any stretch right now and probably won't be in the long run, but you never know..

Logically it makes sense to bring Melo in if you believe having the most depth possible on your team is important. I subscribe to that belief.

But my heart wouldn't like it if he was on our squad cause Gallo's my dude.

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Why not have Melo play SG instead? He probably can. After this off-season:

PG: Felton
SG: Carmelo
SF: Gallo
PF: Amar'e
C: Randolph

Don't tell me that isn't a team that would scare the crap out of anyone.

moneyg

Starter
Gallo is OUR man.

CAPABLE OF..... THATS THE KEY..

le me ask u a question... do u ever see gallo drawing the top defensive assignment.??? he normally is left wid open for all his points.. mello for instance has defenders draped all over him and he still delivers even in the post.. put backs.. he hustle under the rim..

if gallo had that type of defensive pressure he score in single digits...

i like gallo but he is no way near mello...metro.. this is not even a discussion...let it go...

Blumatic

Rotation player
I love Gallo, but Im not sure that he is a franchise player or if he can be one of the better ones. Nowitzki is a great player but that team would be better if he was the second best player.

I always said Gallo will be a special player. But he will be a little better that allan houston, maybe as good as Nowitzki, But he's not Carmelo. With Gallo, Melo, and STAT we would be really tough to guard.

metrocard

Legend
CAPABLE OF..... THATS THE KEY..

le me ask u a question... do u ever see gallo drawing the top defensive assignment.??? he normally is left wid open for all his points.. mello for instance has defenders draped all over him and he still delivers even in the post.. put backs.. he hustle under the rim..

if gallo had that type of defensive pressure he score in single digits...

i like gallo but he is no way near mello...metro.. this is not even a discussion...let it go...

Its too early to say that since Gallinari has only played like over 80 games in his career.
Gallo can make contested shots.

Dude, I'm not even comparing Carmelo and Gallinari...you gotta learn how to read.

We already have Gallinari.

Carmelo is an unnecessary upgrade.

and since when Carmelo became better than Dirk? Dirk in his prime was a MVP player. Carmelo isn't all that. Hop off his nuts.

Blumatic

Rotation player
When is an Upgrade ever unnecessary?

So you would argue that the Pistons did a good job by drafting Darko, and leaving Melo on the board b/c Tayshaun Prince was good enough. They got one Championship but fell off after that. Melo would have kept that Pistons team still competing today.

so an upgrade is never unnecessary.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
Gallo is OUR man.

K martin and jr smith are scrubs that talk to much, play to streaky, take bad shots, play weak defense. You would think with them being so concernerd with there image and trying to keep that bad ass persona they would play smarter! But they don't, they can't show up in the playoffs because there dumb asses. End of story dude!

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Its too early to say that since Gallinari has only played like over 80 games in his career.

Dude, I'm not even comparing Carmelo and Gallinari...you gotta learn how to read.

and since when Carmelo became better than Dirk? Dirk in his prime was a MVP player. Carmelo isn't all that. Hop off his nuts.

You probably wouldn't include Melo in your top 30. You highly undervalue him.

He played in one of the highest paced offenses in the decade.
Nuggets are #3 Behind Phoneix and some other team.
His stats are INFLATED.

You can't debate this with me. I just stated a FACT.

Blah blah blah, talent. Carmelo isn't needed. We already have a talented SF.

haha your a joke,melo is the easiest scorer in the league,he can put up 30 and you wouldnt even notice it,its just what he does best,put the ball in the bucket,now defensively he is average but he can beome better and lets not for get the one thing you need to win a championship that lebum didnt have........CLUTCH!!!

moneyg

Starter

carmello is an upgrade that is needed... id like to see gallo get off with artest draped over him... the point is artest wouldnt draw that weak of an assignment...lmao..potential gets coaches and gms fired... how many more games do u think we would win if we swapped melo for gallo???? be realistic.. alot more.. we wouldnt be considered a 7 or 8 seed in the east anymore.. thats for sure....

no comment on the hop off the nuts comment cuz i know that wasnt directed at me.. lets keep it clean...

Paul1355

All Star
I'd trade Gallo for Melo

Gallo is too inconsistent and I know he is young but Melo is a super star and now that we have Felton, Melo will beast.

Amare in the post, drawing defenders, kicks it out to Melo, Felton, Azabuke whoever....buckets all day.

Gallo can miss wide open shots, Melo hits them...consistently!

Thats the big difference. Gallo can turn into Dirk over night but if we have to trade so that Melo doesnt get traded somewhere, make a playoff run with another team and then falls in love with them, leaving NY to dry....we'd have to trade Gallo and keep Randolph

Felton
Azabuke
Melo
Amare
Randolph

would kill most teams...we can instantly be the 3rd best team in the east...better or tied with the Magic or Celtics.

With Gallo we are a 6th seed if everyone is healthy and plays at their highest levels. Odds are we finish 7th right in front of the Bobcats/Wizards.

Carmelo puts us a level above and guarantees a shot at the Eastern Conference Finals.