Melo wont sign Xtension! Bye-bye DEN - Hello MSG!

mafra

Legend
Word around the camp fire is starting to spread, and it's looking good for Knick fans!

Sure, we could be in the "getting-used" scenario yet again; but for some reason I think 3rd time is the charm. We missed on luring a tier-b/c free agent in '09; we failed to land 2 max free agents this Summer.

BUT, it looks like the plan might fall into place after all!

Forget what Al Harrington might do this year to talk Melo out of coming to play for D'ant.... It just seems like everything is falling in line.

It's almost as if the only thing that could keep Melo in DEN is coach Karl. What's his health and future like?

Knicks also have a younger roster, with more attractive pieces going fwd (Gallo-Randolph-Chandler); they have another max player (Stoudemire), and they have a solid complimentary player (STAT); and they have the edge in environment/lifestyle (NYC > DEN).

We know the story.... But, we all worried Melo would sign the extension. He hasn't and it looks like he wont.

Let's not get involved in all the "let's trade for Melo" talk. Unless we get away with Chandler-Curry package, then forget it. Play out the year. Curry's deal comes off the books. We sign Melo to the max.

Felton-Gallo-Randolph-Melo-STAT makes for a bright future!

melo's wife wants NYC, he's from the East coast, we have STAT and potential.... This is getting interesting.
----------
FROM ROTOWORLD:

"Carmelo Anthony is not expected to sign an extension with the Nuggets this summer, a source tells Hoopsworld's Alex Kennedy.

The Nuggets were hoping that Melo would sign a three-year, $65 million extension before this season. But for now, it looks like he's going to test the market next season, tossing concerns about a potential lockout to the side. There have already been rumors that Amare Stoudemire is trying to organize his own "Big 3" in New York, made up of himself, Anthony and Tony Parker."
-----

Sources close to the situation don't expect Carmelo Anthony to sign an extension with the Denver Nuggets this summer. about 15 hours ago via web
AlexKennedyNBA
Alex Kennedy
http://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/20252370224
-----------

FROM theknicksblog.com:

Melo Won?t Sign Extension?

By Tommy Dee on Aug 03, 2010, 6:36 pm

Alex Kennedy@AlexKennedyNBA: Sources say that Carmelo isn't too worried about next season's potential lockout and he wants to explore his options next summer.

@AlexKennedyNBA: Anthony is leaning towards testing free agency next offseason, said sources on the same day that the Nuggets let go of Warkentien, Chapman.

To me the key has always been would Melo sign. Reports like this make more sense seeing that other reports had Melo ?on the verge? but the fact is he?s yet to sign.

We know he loves New York. We know that the Nuggets are in flux. I also know that Melo has a great relationship with George Karl.

Many people have talked about the Melo situation. I?ve been told, and this is something Brandon Tierney has talked about, that if there?s no extension signed the Nuggs may choose to start shopping him before the season. But like we?ve talked about, it makes sense for Denver to play out the year to see what happens. I know that many fans want to focus on the current roster, even to the point of getting mad at me for posting things about Melo or Paul, but the simple fact is the Knicks have wanted 2 superstars since day one.

Make no mistake, they are still very much focused on acquiring another.
---------

Phew!

08_la-la-vazquez_03.jpg

Melo's new bride - MTV personality LaLa Vazquez. Methinks she would prefer Manhattan to Denver? Call me crazy!~

argentum

Rookie
Melo has a lot of time to ponder where he should play next season. His extension offer is valid till the 1st July 2011. And then there is a looming lockout.

moneyg

Starter
if melo doesnt sign an extension.. denver will trade him before the deadline.. if he is traded to a good team. he might resign with them ..if he is traded to a bad team...which denver might do to piss him off.... were in business.. so good new for us...lets stand pat...

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Gallo > Carmelo

We need a PG/SG upgrade.

DG8
AS1
AR4

is our frontcourt...lets mess that up.

If Chandler was able to play SG in the system then why can't Melo? Melo will be able to get his shot anywhere and still get his 8 rbs a game.

I agree Gallo with much hard work can be better but Melo >>>> Chandler (or whoever our SG is this season) and there's ur upgrade.

Last edited:

moneyg

Starter
Gallo > Carmelo

We need a PG/SG upgrade.

DG8
AS1
AR4

is our frontcourt...lets mess that up.

GALLO BETTER THAN MELO.... what the f....
r u insane..lmao...

im assuming u think gallo is going to be a max player in free agency...:smokin:

^^Every AWAKE person knows that's a statement only a dreamer can see. LOL

I wouldn't be suprised if Mello goes to Brooklyn in the next 2 years, I heard this was one of his choices if he decided to stayed for another 2 years in Denver. But who really knows...other than him?

On another note...IMO, I think he can do a lot better then LuLu Vazquez and her saggy milk duds.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
if melo doesnt sign an extension.. denver will trade him before the deadline.. if he is traded to a good team. he might resign with them ..if he is traded to a bad team...which denver might do to piss him off.... were in business.. so good new for us...lets stand pat...

There is still some time. I would have been shocked if Melo signed the extension this earlier given that the Nuggets management said the offer is good until June 30, 2011. Why would he rush his decision if he is in the drivers seat?

Let's see what happens by the trade deadline. But I think you have a good point

shaolin

Benchwarmer
R U Freakin' kidding me???? METROTARD STRIKES AGAIN!!!!!

I am still amazed at that claim.

Here is my top 10
<O:p</O:p<O:p</O:p
1. Kobe
2. LBJ<O:p</O:p
3. Wade
4. Durant<O:p</O:p
5. CP3 (when healthy, if not, he falls dramatically)<O:p</O:p
6. Melo<O:p</O:p
7. D. Williams<O:p</O:p
8. Howard<O:p</O:p
9. Dirk<O:p</O:p
10. Nash<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
Honorable Mention: Gasol, Amare, Duncan, Bosh, I am sure I am forgetting someone who probably should be ranked ahead of the last 4 guys mentioned.<O:p</O:p
I don't see Gallo's name here. LOL! Actually, I would be surprised if Gallo makes the top 40.<O:p</O:p
Gallo can be a top 25 player some day, but I don't see him cracking the top 15 ever.<O:p</O:p

DieHardPassion

Benchwarmer
Well at least now we have a chance. It enhances our opportunities to get Paul and Melo knowing that they're not committed to their teams. IF we do get the 3 monsters Knicks has to keep Gallo, Randolph, Walker, Douglas and maybe Chandler in the mix. These guys are our valuable assets to surround the 3 monsters. GL Knicks and to all!

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
Just wondering bout contract extension: if Melo gets traded to NY before the deadline, would we be able to extend his contract? Or couldn't it happen before next offseason?